Notify
Tools

2019 Block Ranch NEW MEXICO ELK HUNTS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

Hope all the AR folks are doing well.

Jim Welles here. As many of you know, I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, with my wife Kelly at 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My office phone number is 505.294.7861. My cell number is 505-967-6562. Our e-mail address is JFWRC@comcast.net. Kelly and I have been guiding and outfitting in NM over 30 years now.

We currently have two awesome opportunities for elk hunting on our Block Ranch located 20 miles NE of Capitan, NM. The link to the Block on our website is as follows:

https://www.newmexicobiggamehu...-elk-antelope-hunts/

You should see a slider bar with bulls harvested on this ranch over the years. I have many more pictures to display and will do so in new posts......

Some of you may know that NM has made major changes to the way elk are hunted. Rest assured that the owners of the Block Ranch WILL NOT be changing their management style and hunting mature bulls will remain the goal. This hunt will be guided 2x1. The earliest date available will be October 15 for 5 days. However, we can work with hunters on dates. Lodging and meals are provided. This hunt is priced at $7,500ea + 7% NM Tax. Non-resident license fees are $65 for a Game License + $555 License + $5 for stamps.

Please call or e-mail us with questions. 505-294-7861 or JFWRC@comcast.net.

Thank you AR!!

Jim
www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear AR Members-

I am having heck getting pics posted that are not huge out of Photobucket. I have re-sized in Adobe and on Photobucket. I used to be able to post pics easy peasy.

Please email me and I will send you more pics from harvested animals to game cam pics from this ranch than you will want.

I tried to do them in IMAGUR as well with no luck. Any sugggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!!

Jim

One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
I noticed you said there are major way the Elk will be hunted this year? i understand that the only thing that has changed is the NMDGF went through every parcel that has gotten landowner tags and vetted them to get rid of the long overdue fraud or misrepresentation that has been going on. I like those kind of major changes.

quote:
Originally posted by JFWRC:
Hello:

Hope all the AR folks are doing well.

Jim Welles here. As many of you know, I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, with my wife Kelly at 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My office phone number is 505.294.7861. My cell number is 505-967-6562. Our e-mail address is JFWRC@comcast.net. Kelly and I have been guiding and outfitting in NM over 30 years now.

We currently have two awesome opportunities for elk hunting on our Block Ranch located 20 miles NE of Capitan, NM. The link to the Block on our website is as follows:

https://www.newmexicobiggamehu...-elk-antelope-hunts/

You should see a slider bar with bulls harvested on this ranch over the years. I have many more pictures to display and will do so in new posts......

Some of you may know that NM has made major changes to the way elk are hunted. Rest assured that the owners of the Block Ranch WILL NOT be changing their management style and hunting mature bulls will remain the goal. This hunt will be guided 2x1. The earliest date available will be October 15 for 5 days. However, we can work with hunters on dates. Lodging and meals are provided. This hunt is priced at $7,500ea + 7% NM Tax. Non-resident license fees are $65 for a Game License + $555 License + $5 for stamps.

Please call or e-mail us with questions. 505-294-7861 or JFWRC@comcast.net.

Thank you AR!!

Jim

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GOT IT FIGURED OUT THANKS TO HANNEY. I Greatly appreciate your assistance!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The following pics are from last years cam. We have new pics coming in now. I will post the best one. We were experimenting with a new system to distribute mineral and had to build Hog Panel fencing to keep livestock out. Just realized both the deer and barbs and some elk are hesitating jumping in. However, we cut windows to allow easier access and escape. Will post some of them now. Thanks for your patienceSmiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the above bull harvested....

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the double post on the above pic guys. I think I got carried away once I mastered the the picture upload.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are willing to look at any reasonable offers for these 2 remaining elk hunts.

Thanks AR-

Jim
505-967-6562

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trying to get things going here folks:

We are willing to try this situation a little different. We would like to offer both hunts (2 hunters) at $11,000 + tax where a hunter can come hunt but if he does not see what he wants he can go home. However, if an elk is shot, there is a $2,000 ea trophy fee + tax on taking the animal, wound loss counts as well.

Hoping this will help.

Thanks much

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fresh pictures coming-

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Jim for the last 6 or 8 years. He is solid and no BS. This is a good hunt.

Posts: 10085 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can only hope an outfitter tells it like it is, and that is exactly what Jim does. I can only echo what Ross said.

Posts: 710 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
And that ranch is a legend of this part of New Mexico. George Curry, later a territorial governor, Rough Rider friend of Teddy Roosevelt and congressman got his first job in New Mexico in 1879 -- at the Block Ranch, and there he met Billy the Kid.
Jim, I hope you book these wonderful hunts soon.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16295 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ross, Bill and squeezenhope!

Great folks hang on this forumSmiler

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You had better raise that fence some or you will never keep them elk in! Wink
Love the picture with all those bulls in velvet running away.