New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benin 2021/2022
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As many of you know I took a lot of clients to Burkina Faso and many past clients who hunted there still come up at the shows and say how it was one of the best hunts they had been on. While Burkina was a diamond in the rough, the experience was probably the same as a DIY hunt in wild africa, except you did have local PHs who knew what they were doing. I can remember some funny incidents but for the most part it was a great time in what was true DG country especially with lots of cheeky eles to contend with!

Unfortunately all hunting in Burkina has come to an end due to the terrorism problems. However next door in Benin the hunting has carried on and the experience is all the same. The country has also been stable except for a kidnapping incident a couple of years ago. I was reluctant to take clients to Benin because of this but have been monitoring the situation very closely and have also been assured by the outfitter that the hunting area and the entire Pendjari National Park is now being patrolled intensively by the army as well as anti poaching park patrols and is now very safe.

It is a local run operation with local PHs. One of the PHs is Ismail who some of you may remember from Burkina. He is now working out of this camp. There will also be an english speaking interpreter with you all the time.

To get there fly to Cotonou and overnight, drive to camp the next day. It is a 9 hour drive.

10 days 1x1 - 12,000 euros
12 days 1x1 - 13,500 euros

Price includes:
---------------
• Meet and greet in Cotonou and assistance with clearing of rifles
• All meals
• Soft drinks, tea, coffee, bottled water
• Beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages in moderation
• Field preparation of trophies
• Local Hunting guide and team
• 4 WD hunting vehicle

Does not include:
------------------
• Trophy fees
• Dip and pack 500 euros
• Rifle permit 150/rifle
• Gun rental 45/day
• Transfer to camp and return to Cotonou 500 euros (approximately 9 hours each way)
• Hotels and meals outside camp
• Tips to guide and staff

Trophy fees in euros
---------------------
Western Savannah Buffalo
Western Roan
Western Hartebeest
Sing Sing Waterbuck
Nagor Reedbuck
Harnessed Bushbuck
Oribi
Red flanked Duiker
Grimms Duiker
Warthog
Baboon

Quota allowed:
--------------

10 day hunt:

1 buff
1 roan
1 hartebeest
1 harnessed bushbuck
1 warthog
1 baboon
select any 2 from bush duiker, red duiker, oribi and reedbuck

12 day hunt:
in addition to above

1 extra buff
1 extra roan
1 waterbuck
1 extra baboon

Seasons: January to end March with Jan and Feb being the best time to go - cooler months!

The camp is basic but comfortable with airconditioned chalets.

I have personally hunted out of this camp and can say that there is a lot of game, especially buffalo and roan.

I look forward to answering any questions.

Thanks for your time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509

Posts: 2044 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Do you know the approximate cost of shipping trophies out of Benin? I have read on AR the excessive cost of shipping trophies out of Cameroon this year

one of us
posted Hide Post
With the Covid situation all air-freight has gone up! What it will be later this year is anyone's guess. I do not expect it to be crazy, probably a few hundred dollars more. This is what I paid for our clients trophies coming this year out of cameroon.

I was surprised at how reasonable flights were to Benin when I checked recently under $1000 NY to Cotonou return.

quote:
Originally posted by 9.3 stalker:
Do you know the approximate cost of shipping trophies out of Benin? I have read on AR the excessive cost of shipping trophies out of Cameroon this year

Posts: 2044 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote