Tools

Ratanakiri Safaris (Tanzania)
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 7 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Would help if you posted contact information, website and everything else required.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elephant:
Great Offer for this 2020 season (September, October, and November)
Daily Rates at 50% of its price
Large number of buffaloes, leopards, hippos, plains game and elephants.

SAFARIS 7 DAYS
All prices are quoted in United States Dollar
$4,250
1 P.H. x 1 Hunter
1 Buffalo + Plains Game

SAFARIS 7 DAYS
$3,750
1 P.H. x 2 Hunters
1 Buffalo each + Plains Game

SAFARIS 10 DAYS
$5,750
1 P.H. x 1 Hunter
2 Buffaloes + Plains Game

SAFARIS 10 DAYS
$4,750
1 P.H. x 2 Hunters
2 Buffaloes each + Plains Game

SAFARIS 14 DAYS
$12,800
1 P.H. x 1 Hunter
3 Bufaloes + Leopard + Plains Game
21 Days Permit

SAFARIS 14 DAYS
$11,800
1 P.H. x 2 Hunters
2 Bufaloes + Leopard each + Plains Game
21 Days Permit

SAFARIS 21 DAYS
$20,325
1 P.H. x 1 Hunter
Full Bag

SAFARIS 21 DAYS
$18,825
1 P.H. x 2 Hunters
Full Bag

OBSERVER
$250/DAY

SAFARI DAILY FEES DO NOT INCLUDE:
Hunting license
Firearms permit
Gun import permit
Custom import of ammunition
Conservation fees hunter
Conservation fees observer
Trophy fees for any animals killed or wounded and lost
Trophy shipping
Government handling trophies
Alcoholic drinks , wine and beers
Air charters ( $2,900.00 / $4,500.00 )
By road Dar Es Salaam to/from the hunting área ($1,200.00 )
Extra vehicle by client request : 300.00 $US / day
Hotel cost before, after and during the safari
Visa : 50.00 $US

SAFARI DAILY FEES INCLUDE:
Services of an experienced fully licenced professional hunter
4 x 4 vehicle
Camp staff, Trackers and skinners
Accommodation, meals and daily laundry during the hunt
All soft drinks and wáter
Field preparation and preservation of trophies and delivery to Dar Es Salaam

NAME OF ANIMAL 10 DAYS 14 DAYS 21 DAYS PRICE US $
Baboon 2 2 3 150 $
Buffalo 2 2 3 4.375 $
Bushbuck0 0 1 900 $
Bushpig 1 1 1 525 $
Caracal 0 0 1 225 $
Civet 0 1 1 300 $
Zorilla 0 1 1 225 $
Duiker 1 1 1 375 $
Eland 0 0 1 2.550 $
Genet 0 0 1 300 $
Hartebeest1 1 2 975 $
Hyaena 0 1 1 600 $
Impala 1 1 2 300 $
Jackal 0 1 1 300 $
Klipspringer0 0 1 1.050 $
Kudu Greater0 0 1 3.000 $
Leopard 0 0 1 7.875 $
Lion 0 0 1 12.250 $
Porcupine0 1 1 225 $
Ratel 0 1 1 450 $
Reedbuck1 1 2 600 $
Serval Cat0 0 1 300 $
Striped Hyaena0 0 1 1.050 $
Suni 0 1 1 450 $
Warthog 1 1 2 450 $
Wild Cat0 0 1 300 $
Wildebeest1 1 2 975 $
Zebra 1 1 2 1.500 $
Sable 0 0 1 5.250 $
Hippopotamus0 0 1 3.000 $
Elephant: 0 0 1 17.500 $
At least 1 tusk between 20kg/25kg/+160cm
Elephant: 0 0 1 21.000 $
At least 1 tusk between 25kg/30kg/+160cm
Elephant:0 0 1 35.000$
At least 1 tusk above 30kg/+160cm
Crocodile0 1 1 2.550 $
Waterbuck0 1 2 1.200 $

These prices have an increase to help all our bordering communities and anti-poaching programs.
On our website you can find all the information about the area, prices, etc ...

Your offers are not complete!

What are the costs of the items NOT included??

How are people supposed to work out what you are offering if these details are missing??

You must include the prices of items NOT included in your offer, but necessary.

That is the only way anyone can compare your prices with others.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66684 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the lack of information but all of the information is on my website with all of the detail.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry for the lack of information but all of the information is on my website with all of the detail.

This is not good enough.

Anything you post here MUST be complete.

You cannot use AR and then just point to your website!

All details of any offer must be posted clearly here.

Posts: 66684 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry for lack of information, I have already uploaded it

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wrong answer when the guy who allows you to advertise to the perfect clientele FOR FREE asks for clarification...

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I see that anyone hunting 10 with 2 rifles and 50 rounds of ammo has to pay an additional $2,500??

Why don’t you repost your offer so it actually reflects what an individual will have pay before they can hunt??

Having everything posted all over the place is not going to very helpful.

posted Hide Post
I am really sorry for the lack of information, I am not that good with the technology. I hope that it is all clear now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
so there is a firearm permit and gun permit that seems to be the same thing to me.

Posts: 553 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
so there is a firearm permit and gun permit that seems to be the same thing to me.

Nothing from this offer makes sense.

And if this company is making such a bloody mess of their offer, imagine what they might do to your hunt!

I suggest anyone considering them to proceed with caution.

One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Initially my interest was perked but this offer is as clear as mud. Next !

Posts: 455 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIKA98K:
Initially my interest was perked but this offer is as clear as mud. Next !

May be this was intentional?

Bring you in and then start hitting you with charges from all sides?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before we even get to prices, where is this? Tanzania doesn't narrow it down very much. Two, I thought elephant was still closed, did I miss something? Also, daily's are suspiciously low and trophy fees are not comprehensible.

Posts: 9936 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The elephant TF is particularly confusing.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And to add insult to injury, they have deleted their original offer.

Whoever is in charge of that company, must have the brains of a spotted chicken!

He made his offer, which I was glad to see, as any new company offering good hunts is always welcome.

Then the offer turned out to be totally incomprehensible!

I brought this out to his attention, and his first answer was flippant!

Others asked questions, and instead of taking the time to answer them, he deletes his offer.

Completely ignoring the fact that it is still there in my answer.

Good luck Ratanakiri safaris - I honestly means this.

You need to have an attitude adjustment, to succeed in selling hunts to the sort of clients we have here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Before we even get to prices, where is this? Tanzania doesn't narrow it down very much. Two, I thought elephant was still closed, did I miss something? Also, daily's are suspiciously low and trophy fees are not comprehensible.

Elephants are still being taken in Tanzania. There is a minimum weight requirement which limits most these days. It seems most are being taken in blocks abutting certain NP's.

Zimbabwe and Botswana both provide better opportunities for elephant at the present.

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Did the Zahir Mulla crawl out of a hole???? wave

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Will see how this comes out. I took advantage of the offer. 21 day hunt. Full bag. Leaving on the 14 october. Very excited, only way to be able to afford this was jumping on this offer. Will do a full report when I am back. Taking Tim Martin of the osprey filming company with me so good photos and videos should follow. Wish me luck

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwarf416:
Will see how this comes out. I took advantage of the offer. 21 day hunt. Full bag. Leaving on the 14 october. Very excited, only way to be able to afford this was jumping on this offer. Will do a full report when I am back. Taking Tim Martin of the osprey filming company with me so good photos and videos should follow. Wish me luck

Best of luck.

I hope you have a great hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, I would be worried about sending this guy money. Comunication does not seem like his strong suit.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Thanks saeed. I joined this site after a Tz hunt in the selous in 2007. Has made my life much more interesting and have made a few friends through it. I have even met a few good people in real world. I hope my hunt goes as planned.
Steel the owner of this outfit is nearlly useless with internet but comms through the phone and whattapp are fluent. He has a big bunch of my money so I hope things go straight. The deal is an absolute killer. I have never found a cheaper deal in Taz for a full bag. I thought I would never be able to pay for a full bag but miracles happen.

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck. Post pictures and a report when you return.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks saeed. I joined this site after a Tz hunt in the selous in 2007. Has made my life much more interesting and have made a few friends through it. I have even met a few good people in real world. I hope my hunt goes as planned.
Steel the owner of this outfit is nearlly useless with internet but comms through the phone and whattapp are fluent. He has a big bunch of my money so I hope things go straight. The deal is an absolute killer. I have never found a cheaper deal in Taz for a full bag. I thought I would never be able to pay for a full bag but miracles happen.

Dwarf416, where will this hunt take place? He makes no mention of which concession or concessions he will be conducting these hunts in. Who are his PH’s?

Posts: 3828 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see the final costs.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
I've hunted all over the world over that last 30 years.

I have yet to have, use, mention a computer whilst in the field, during any of those.

I'd FAR rather spend my time in the bush with a guy whom specializes in "bushcraft" rather than computer competence.

He seems apologetic, and sincere in his lack of skills.

I've stated before. If you limit your hunting universe to ONLY the outfits whom frequent these sites, you are doing yourselves a real disservice.

I hunted with Wayne Grant last year. He's probably the most competent Professional Hunter I've hunted with. He is not computer fluent AT ALL.

Are we looking for good experiences in the bush or bitchin internet sites.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3312 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:

I have yet to have, use, mention a computer whilst in the field, during any of those.

I'd FAR rather spend my time in the bush with a guy whom specializes in "bushcraft" rather than computer competence.

I've stated before. If you limit your hunting universe to ONLY the outfits whom frequent these sites, you are doing yourselves a real disservice.

I hunted with Wayne Grant last year. He's probably the most competent Professional Hunter I've hunted with. He is not computer fluent AT ALL.

Come on Steve would you spend your hard-earned on this offer?

I found the AD to be complicated and unprofessional. A hunt is dictated purely by the quality of PH. A few pictures of camp, trophies etc would also be nice.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9842 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Come on Steve would you spend your hard-earned on this offer?

I found the AD to be complicated and unprofessional. A hunt is dictated purely by the quality of PH. A few pictures of camp, trophies etc would also be nice.

Depends. Just for conversation, let's say this is Hillary Daffy. (I have no clue who this is) There are becoming many more black PH's running Safaris in decent area's.

I would want to do the research myself, to be assured of a quality area, camp and PH.

The only Safari I ever got boned on was a discounted offer here. Federico Galini. It was NOT what was sold, It was a lousy Safari in a lousy area in a lousy camp with an incompetent PH, yet the offer met the standards posted here.

Point being, just because its meets the advertising criteria, it still needs to be completely vetted.

I wouldn't completely discount this because of this effort at advertising. I want a competent PH, I don't give a single shit if he can't post stuff right.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3312 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found his name.

Felix Barrado; Born in Spain in 1951. Looks to have an extensive resume.

Hunted Kenya back in 1976. been around the continent some.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
I promise to write a full report when I am back. Photos and clips of the hunt will be included with the help of Tim Martin. Counting the days for this new adventure.

diego

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's his resume.

Felix Barrado, Director

Felix Barrado Zabas born in Madrid, Spain on 06.05.1951 I speak Spanish, English, French, Russian (medium level) and I have extensive knowledge of Kiswahili, Fang and Baka.

I arrived in Mozambique on April 20, 1970. There I worked with the company Allen Wack & Shepperd for a year as a camp manager, two years as an assistant hunter and I obtained my professional hunter license in 1974 by passing an exam at the DEPARTAMENTO DE FAUNA BRAVIA.

In 1976, I arrived in Kenya to work with the company Siafu Safaris where I found the closure of the hunt in the country. I conducted a scientific expedition for six months through Africa to Cameroun, which allowed me to know French-speaking Africa. I collaborated for a season in the Central African Republic with the company Ebra Safaris and then travel to Ivory Coast, Liberia, Benin, Burkina Faso, etc. Until I decided to settle as a professional hunter in Cameroun.

The following year I learned the news of the political change in Equatorial Guinea and I went there where obtained a contract with the Government for the control of elephants in the country and at the same time hunting safaris. I stayed there for four years and in 1984 I returned again to Cameroun, where I collaborated with professional hunters Jacques Guin and Teddy Bereketti.

At the end of 1985 I founded Nsok Safaris, specializing in elephant and bongo hunting in the jungle, being the first professional hunter to open sports hunting in the Cameroun jungle. I have stayed there until 2013, combining with other companies in Sudan, Congo, Tanzania and 3 years in the former USSR.

In recent years, I have been trying to re-open the hunt in Cambodia, and Laos, but I have not been able to carry out the project due to the strong opposition of the anti-hunting, animalist groups, etc. and their unlimited funds to corrupt and stop the project in any way. Currently I am again in Tanzania where I

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have read a few times from some very experienced hunters that they could never afford to go on a cheap hunt.

I do hope everything goes great for you though!

Looking forward to the follow up.

Craig

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by machinistbutler:
I have read a few times from some very experienced hunters that they could never afford to go on a cheap hunt.

Craig

I would generally agree with that. The exception is Tanzania, which has been over-priced for many many years.

If it takes this Covid crisis to de-escalate the price of a Tanzania classical safari, I'm OK with that.

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
posted Hide Post
That would be great Steve, I also would love to see Tanzania. I think I may have flown over part of it on a flight from Addis Ababa to Windoek.

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by machinistbutler:

Craig

I would generally agree with that. The exception is Tanzania, which has been over-priced for many many years.

If it takes this Covid crisis to de-escalate the price of a Tanzania classical safari, I'm OK with that.

Amen to that, Steve. TZ has been overpriced for 20-25 years. The pandemic may bring price back in line with the rest of Africa.... And please, TZ Outfitters, don’t bore with how much more it costs to do business there. After hunting and chartering in 6 African countries, I have a pretty good idea of the costs involved....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jerry and Anton I have a ton of respect for both of you. But top areas in Namibia, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique all cost the same!

My Tanzanian hunts in some cases are CHEAPER than Zambian hunts, transfer flights included.

There are operators that charge incredible fees but comparing the Government cost of doing business between the countries, the Tanzanian model actually is not bad at all. Take it from someone that's been there and done that on the OUTFITTING side.

Some Outfitts paying up to US$85000.- per Hunting Block/Year in West Tanzania.
How many Buffalo hunts you have to sell to make the Break even ?
Outfitting in this part of Africa can cost wise be a Nightmare.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:
Jerry and Anton I have a ton of respect for both of you. But top areas in Namibia, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique all cost the same!

My Tanzanian hunts in some cases are CHEAPER than Zambian hunts, transfer flights included.

There are operators that charge incredible fees but comparing the Government cost of doing business between the countries, the Tanzanian model actually is not bad at all. Take it from someone that's been there and done that on the OUTFITTING side.

Some Outfitts paying up to US$85000.- per Hunting Block/Year in West Tanzania.
How many Buffalo hunts you have to sell to make the Break even ?
Outfitting in this part of Africa can be a Nightmare Cost wise

And you have to pay for 40% of your quota, clients or no clients.

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Absolutely ridiculous results. Left camp early because I run out of funds and did not trust myself in not shotingone of the leopards we had feeding. shoot a big lion, eland, waterbuck, impala, reedbuck, baboon And hartebeest. Between 2 friends, that jumped at this deal per my request, and me we have shoot and recovered 8 buffalos in 10 days. I, myself have MISSED THREE BUFFALO, a first for me with mi 500 NE. I like to shoot opensights but I am etting old and my eyesight is not what it used to be. Readjusted distance I was shooting at and all went well. Will weite a report in a few days and will ask someone to post photos because I am useless with photoposting. As a side note, they gave me 4 buffalos on my 21 day license due to covid!
Incredible trip and amount of game

diego

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Absolutely ridiculous results. Left camp early because I run out of funds and did not trust myself in not shotingone of the leopards we had feeding. shoot a big lion, eland, waterbuck, impala, reedbuck, baboon And hartebeest. Between 2 friends, that jumped at this deal per my request, and me we have shoot and recovered 8 buffalos in 10 days. I, myself have MISSED THREE BUFFALO, a first for me with mi 500 NE. I like to shoot opensights but I am etting old and my eyesight is not what it used to be. Readjusted distance I was shooting at and all went well. Will weite a report in a few days and will ask someone to post photos because I am useless with photoposting. As a side note, they gave me 4 buffalos on my 21 day license due to covid!

Very happy to hear this.

Please post more details.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congratulations Diego.

And to think many here would simply reject this offer due to the manner in which it was posted.

Very much looking forward the your report.

Formerly "Nganga"