Find
Notify
Tools

Ratanakiri Safaris (Tanzania)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In recent years, I have been trying to re-open the hunt in Cambodia, and Laos, but I have not been able to carry out the project due to the strong opposition of the anti-hunting, animalist groups, etc. and their unlimited funds to corrupt and stop the project in any way. Currently I am again in Tanzania where I

As an old Cambodia hand, I found the name of this safari company intriguing. "Ratanakiri" is one of the provinces in northeast Cambodia that holds much wildlife, up-country Khmer peoples, and a magic lake. The word comes from Sanskrit that the ancient Khmer borrowed extensively from and means, "Jewel of the Mountain."

Luck in your enterprise Diego.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1318 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Awesome Diego!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwarf416:
Absolutely ridiculous results. Left camp early because I run out of funds and did not trust myself in not shotingone of the leopards we had feeding. shoot a big lion, eland, waterbuck, impala, reedbuck, baboon And hartebeest. Between 2 friends, that jumped at this deal per my request, and me we have shoot and recovered 8 buffalos in 10 days. I, myself have MISSED THREE BUFFALO, a first for me with mi 500 NE. I like to shoot opensights but I am etting old and my eyesight is not what it used to be. Readjusted distance I was shooting at and all went well. Will weite a report in a few days and will ask someone to post photos because I am useless with photoposting. As a side note, they gave me 4 buffalos on my 21 day license due to covid!
Incredible trip and amount of game

Congrats!! Did you see any elephants?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Back home at last! The companinis called Ratanakiri because itwas first based in Cambodia. They nearlly opened hunting there but the ngos stopped it via bribes and corruption at the highest levels.
Elphants were seen but far and few. We saw in total about 20. Mainly family groups and no Tembo of consideration.

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Good evening all. If anyone could lend a hand I have fotos of some of Diego’s trophies sent to me by Felix. I also am not good with IT and if I could send them a message on What’s App or a txt please private message I will forward the fotos with Diego’s blessing. Tim posted a foto on Instagram said it was an amazing area. Felix told me it is a forgotten area south of the Selous very difficult to acess but full of game. I saw the post and just wanted to help Diego and Felix to post the information. I worked for Felix for 6 years in Cameroon and Tanzania. We went to Cambodia and spoke to the Forest officials there but there was no way to compete with the NGOs.

Posts: 60 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
I've hunted all over the world over that last 30 years.

I have yet to have, use, mention a computer whilst in the field, during any of those.

I'd FAR rather spend my time in the bush with a guy whom specializes in "bushcraft" rather than computer competence.

He seems apologetic, and sincere in his lack of skills.

I've stated before. If you limit your hunting universe to ONLY the outfits whom frequent these sites, you are doing yourselves a real disservice.

I hunted with Wayne Grant last year. He's probably the most competent Professional Hunter I've hunted with. He is not computer fluent AT ALL.

Are we looking for good experiences in the bush or bitchin internet sites.

Come on Steve would you spend your hard-earned on this offer?

I found the AD to be complicated and unprofessional. A hunt is dictated purely by the quality of PH. A few pictures of camp, trophies etc would also be nice.

Yes, I would. Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3377 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote