Tools

Sorry gang- Please delete
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Frank,

Please read our rules.

No posting for third parties.

Ray wants to offer hunts here, he is very welcome to do so.

But, he has to post them himself.

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Frank:

Why isn't Ray posting this himself?????

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Why is every picture my client?

Now you have two good questions to answer.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Maybe the answer to the second question is the answer to the first? Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 21177 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Good answer Mike! animal

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Frank,

Maybe Licky sent him the pictures? ... I doubt clients did? Big Grin

I just hope some folks take the opportunity that either Wendell or Ray offer and go shoot some buffalo. I just wish I had to bucks to go another time this year.. but, I'm tapped out with "good deals" already taken.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7541 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I always wondered what the booking agents fees are. 15% is not too bad although it is not something I have noticed in other offered hunts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that only the actual outfitters were permitted to post these offerings here.

With full identification and contact details.

Has this changed?

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Ray posted this in the Classifieds. Frank offered to post some pictures for him. Someone asked why it was there and not here, and now here it is.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frank,

quote:
Originally posted by Licky:
I may also use some from Zimbabwe but I don't like it as they always try to steal clients behind your back.

Smiler

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frank,

Dude, its his M.O.

I know the majority of the guys in the pictured in his advertisements for deer and those deer were not shot on any ranch Ray represents and they have never heard of Ray Atkinson.

This is nothing new Wendell, I would find out whats up so people do not associate you in any way, shape or form to that guy

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to confuse or Print without client permission.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Licky contacted me, I did not contact him..He wanted me to book hunts for him in the Kigosi and offered me a great deal..I have known Licky for 20 years I guess, I did not find that unusual as lots of outfitters contact me to do this on a monthly basis..

I did not know that Wendel still booked for Licky nor that any of the clients were Wendels.

Liky sent me some 2009 pictures to orchestrate his hunts. Guess he felt the bulls were killed on his concession and that he had a right to do that.

I suggest Wendel take that up with Licky, as I had zero knowledge.

I also suggest that AR pull the post if its a problem.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I did not know that Wendel still booked for Licky nor that any of the clients were Wendels.

Ray, I suggest you advertise with pictures of your own clients, if you've known Licky for 20 years and have been booking hunts for so long it would seem like a no-brainer to use pictures of your own clients rather than only using pictures of Wendells.

Interesting though, if you've known Licky so long then why didn't you just send Sheephunter there a few years back. Yeah Ray, you have definately proven to me that your the right guy to book an African safari with thumb

Also, I would be willing to bet that the issue here has less to do with the pictures themselves and has more to do with the fact that you were very misleading in the original post. Having read that post myself I would have been under the impression that you actually had something to do with those hunts as you used the word "we" on numerous occassions. Luckily, I know your full of shit where others still might be inclined to take your word for it. I am sure that this is why Wendell was questioning the pictures and the original post.

Being the gentleman that Wendell is I doubt he will raise a stink about it but its yet more proof to the people that see right through your Louis L'Amour/Peter Hathaway Capstick/John Wayne dimestore cowboy fantasy world persona that you really are an absolute legend in your own mind

Whats even more incredible to me is that Ray and I actually agree on something!!!

quote:
I had zero knowledge

Ray, You finally tell the truth about something and I could not agree with you more

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ray, I suggest you advertise with pictures of your own clients, if you've known Licky for 20 years and have been booking hunts for so long it would seem like a no-brainer to use pictures of your own clients rather than only using pictures of Wendells.

Interesting though, if you've known Licky so long then why didn't you just send Sheephunter there a few years back. Yeah Ray, you have definately proven to me that your the right guy to book an African safari with

Also, I would be willing to bet that the issue here has less to do with the pictures themselves and has more to do with the fact that you were very misleading in the original post. Having read that post myself I would have been under the impression that you actually had something to do with those hunts as you used the word "we" on numerous occassions. Luckily, I know your full of shit where others still might be inclined to take your word for it. I am sure that this is why Wendell was questioning the pictures and the original post.

Being the gentleman that Wendell is I doubt he will raise a stink about it but its yet more proof to the people that see right through your Louis L'Amour/Peter Hathaway Capstick/John Wayne dimestore cowboy fantasy world persona that you really are an absolute legend in your own mind

Whats even more incredible to me is that Ray and I actually agree on something!!!

quote:
I had zero knowledge

Ray, You finally tell the truth about something and I could not agree with you more

Drummond

ahh yes, it's good to be back Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:

Interesting though, if you've known Licky so long then why didn't you just send Sheephunter there a few years back. Yeah Ray, you have definately proven to me that your the right guy to book an African safari with thumb

quote:
I had zero knowledge

Drummond

Drummond,

You have a problem with Ray, please take it up with him personally off line.

I don't have any wish to see another groundless witch hunt as happened in the past.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Drummond,

I don't have any wish to see another groundless witch hunt as happened in the past.

Saeed,

"Groundless witch hunt"? I've never felt that calling a spade a spade was groundless or constituted a witch hunt but I'll agree to disagree.

Was I over the top on ocassion? Probably so and that reflects poorly on me. I guess I dont tend to "forgive and forget" when a man threatens to show up at my house for a "west texas shootout" as Ray put it. I take any kind of threat very seriously, especially one that comes from some lunatic that blows a gasket on an internet forum because somebody disagreed with him and threatens to show up at his home, where his wife and daughter live to have some kind of "shootout" like they did in western novels.

That being said, its your website and I respect that so I will refrain from pointing out the obvious as it regards to Ray in the future.

Happy hunting,

Drummond

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that might keep you from being banned here.

Saeed is like E.F. Hutton: when he talks (smart) people listen...

regards,

Rich

If I may ask, do you every post except to take potshots at Ray?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

I will not speak for Drummond, however, there is a bit of inconsistency here.

Ray, who departed for good but then came back, shows up occasionaly on the "Classifieds" with something to sell. Recently it has been a few rifles and this hunt.

You, as the owner of this fantastic site, have made it very clear what you expect insofar as details are concerned when agents and/or outfitters post a hunt for sale. Many times you or other moderators have reminded new posters on the procedures and requirements of full disclosure when posting a hunt offering.

However, Ray who posted minimal (at best) information on a hunt he was offering in the "Classified" section, was not asked to provide complete details as required. When this offering was posted on this forum by Frank, not his booking agent or partner as requested by you, he seemingly gets a free pass as to your standing requirements of full disclosure of details.

We all know the past history between the two of them and of your friendship with Ray, but Drummond has not made false accusations and/or observations IMO. As we all know, Ray has heavily edited his threads and postings when questioned on certain topics. No one can dispute that fact.

Saeed, thank you for this site and your incredible tolerance.

Regards,

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We try to apply the same rule to everyone.

I have not seen Ray's offer in the Classified before - it would have been deleted if I had seen it before, as I have deleted it now.

The Classified are for items related to hunting and shooting, not for hunts.

That is why we made a seperate forum for offered hunts.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Your response and your belief in fairness is why this site is the most widely known and respected of all hunting related websites.

Thank you.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For what its worth I got an email today from Licky, the block owner wherein he states that Malagrasi sent me the pictures to use to sell his hunts. He states he did the same thing when Wendell started booking for him..If anyone wants to see this email, I will gladly send it to your email, or let someone post it on here..I don't intend to discuss it further, except with Wendell.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Drummond,

Saeed,

"Groundless witch hunt"? I've never felt that calling a spade a spade was groundless or constituted a witch hunt but I'll agree to disagree.

Was I over the top on ocassion? Probably so and that reflects poorly on me. I guess I dont tend to "forgive and forget" when a man threatens to show up at my house for a "west texas shootout" as Ray put it. I take any kind of threat very seriously, especially one that comes from some lunatic that blows a gasket on an internet forum because somebody disagreed with him and threatens to show up at his home, where his wife and daughter live to have some kind of "shootout" like they did in western novels.

That being said, its your website and I respect that so I will refrain from pointing out the obvious as it regards to Ray in the future.

Happy hunting,

Drummond

Rats, I was hoping for round 3 of the Drum vs. Ray smackdown.

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have tried to stay out of this shit, but Lindsey Drummond is a counterfiet phony..He, in the beginning past himself off as a game biologist, and he has no credentials, he said he was a gun writer and he has only written one article in a Texas Newspaper..He claims to be a booking agent, yet he has never advertised, he has no booths at any shows, he has no business name, he doesn't even have a shingle hanging over his door! He had a guy he knew in Mexico at one time that he said he was a guide for, but the man told me that Lindsey was only an aquintence and he allowed him to bring some paying hunters to his ranch, but didn't pay Lindsey to guide or allow him to hunt..Now Lindsey says he is booking for some guy in Mexico and has some nice pictures, I dont' know about that.

I know that when all this started he was the one that challanged me on the deer in the Midland Odessa area, and I offered to set him up for a free trip to the ranches to see for himself..I set that meeting up with DK Boyd, Lindsey never took advantage of that meeting or opertunity..

I also know about the time he started his attacks on me that I had just been swindled out of about $40,000 by a friend of his from Midland, on a hunting deal and I had to pay that $40,000 back to my clients, and then a year later I hunted them sans my commission to help make things right for them. That persons name was Darron Proctore, and I was in the process of sending him to prison, when his mama jumped in and paid me my money..

Then Lindsey gets a bunch of his personal butt buddies that we had never heard of before he showed up to come on AR and other places to stir up shit and it becomes a witch hunt. His personal hired guns, then the feeding frenzy starts.

He has tried his best to damage my business and destroy me, which is ridiculas as I have been in this business way to long for some smart ass kid to hurt me, and besides I don't have to worry about anyway, I have enough base customers to last me the rest of my career in the hunting business, and can retire anytime I want, and have almost done so as a matter of fact.

Its all bullshit on the internet these days with a few picky assholes and a few trolls, that ruin things for everyone..

It is basically a bunch of shit, and that is why I chose to just walk away from it and thats what I am doing until this came up.

I have the emails from Licky, I sent them to Wendell..Where it goes from here I don't really care.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waiting to hear from Wendell...

Posts: 1755 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: 21 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what this is all about.I dont care.
I do know that this industry is HUGE and there are so many players.
I know that you cant please everyone.If you want to stay in it you better please more than the majority!!
If youve been in this industry for some time then your doing somthing right for the clientell that books with you.
And you need to give those guys credit if you want to or not.
I cant stand guys who bad mouth other operations to try and sell there own hunts.
This is common the smaller outfits - shows a lack of character - if you cant sell hunts on your own merits, start herding cows.

I dont know Mr. Atkinson but know of him for more than 10 years.A prick in this industry does not last that long.Im willing to give him the credit on that reputation.My personal view

Hunters and outfitters need to stand together.
Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also know about the time he started his attacks on me that I had just been swindled out of about $40,000 by a friend of his from Midland, on a hunting deal and I had to pay that $40,000 back to my clients, and then a year later I hunted them sans my commission to help make things right for them. That persons name was Darron Proctore, and I was in the process of sending him to prison, when his mama jumped in and paid me my money..

Then Lindsey gets a bunch of his personal butt buddies that we had never heard of before he showed up to come on AR and other places to stir up shit and it becomes a witch hunt. His personal hired guns, then the feeding frenzy starts.

Them sound like fightin' words to me hilbily

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Saeed has already asked one member to take this dispute off the board. Maybe that should apply for all?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have tried to stay out of this shit, but Lindsey Drummond is a counterfiet phony..He, in the beginning past himself off as a game biologist, and he has no credentials, he said he was a gun writer and he has only written one article in a Texas Newspaper..He claims to be a booking agent, yet he has never advertised, he has no booths at any shows, he has no business name, he doesn't even have a shingle hanging over his door! He had a guy he knew in Mexico at one time that he said he was a guide for, but the man told me that Lindsey was only an aquintence and he allowed him to bring some paying hunters to his ranch, but didn't pay Lindsey to guide or allow him to hunt..Now Lindsey says he is booking for some guy in Mexico and has some nice pictures, I dont' know about that.

I know that when all this started he was the one that challanged me on the deer in the Midland Odessa area, and I offered to set him up for a free trip to the ranches to see for himself..I set that meeting up with DK Boyd, Lindsey never took advantage of that meeting or opertunity..

He has tried his best to damage my business and destroy me, which is ridiculas as I have been in this business way to long for some smart ass kid to hurt me, and besides I don't have to worry about anyway, I have enough base customers to last me the rest of my career in the hunting business, and can retire anytime I want, and have almost done so as a matter of fact.

Its all bullshit on the internet these days with a few picky assholes and a few trolls, that ruin things for everyone..

It is basically a bunch of shit, and that is why I chose to just walk away from it and thats what I am doing until this came up.

I have the emails from Licky, I sent them to Wendell..Where it goes from here I don't really care.

I've got to give you props Ray, that is one of the best all-encompassing tirades I've ever read.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
quote:

I've got to give you props Ray, that is one of the best all-encompassing tirades I've ever read.

In the first sentence he gets my name backwards, that's the closest thing to factual he could come up with.

Publicly, the only thing I ask is that Ray bury me with the facts. Pretty please Ray, with a cherry on top, go back and substantiate any of this. You wrote it, back it up for all to see.

Ray, you have a PM

***EDIT***

This is disappointing but not suprising in the least

Error     
The following users are currently not accepting your private topics:

Atkinson

Go Back | The Accurate Reloading Forums

Drummond

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Double post, I apologize

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I have followed the spat with you and drummondlinddey over the years. If it was just an isolated incident, I would blow it off. But you have made your own bed with the way you publicly criticize your customers. It just isn't smart.

Hint: my next hunt is booked with Wendell.

Saeed: I personally never saw the witch hunt. If you think there was one, take a poll. My guess is Ray has fewer fans than you might think. If you don't care about how the majority feels, then ban Drummond. It is your playground.

But at least be fair - if Atkinson gets to post a tirade, we should at least get equal entertainment value from the other party.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Ray,

I have followed the spat with you and drummondlinddey over the years. If it was just an isolated incident, I would blow it off. But you have made your own bed with the way you publicly criticize your customers. It just isn't smart.

Saeed: I personally never saw the witch hunt. If you think there was one, take a poll. My guess is Ray has few fans besides you. If you don't care about how the majority feels, then ban Drummond. It is your playground.

But at least be fair - if Atkinson gets to post a tirade, we should at least get equal entertainment value from the other party.

clap clap thumb

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ray,

Saeed: I personally never saw the witch hunt. If you think there was one, take a poll. My guess is Ray has fewer fans than you might think. If you don't care about how the majority feels, then ban Drummond. It is your playground.

+2 thumb

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ray,

+3 archer

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
Saeed has already asked one member to take this dispute off the board. Maybe that should apply for all?

Yup.

Stay classy Ray. (Like that is gonna happen rotflmo )

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ray,

+4 Big Grin

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:
Ray,

+4 Big Grin

+5

BTW Ray, you've had an email from me since last Thursday, it does not shock me even a little bit that I have received no response and you have not substantiated anything you posted.

What I have learned throughout this whole thing is that its impossible to rationally debate an irrational person

Drummond

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:
Ray,

+4 Big Grin

+5 Big Grin

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote