THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Tholo Botswana Small Group Hunts 2018 at 2015 prices...(with solid dates)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tholo Botswana Small Group Hunts 2018 at 2015 prices...(with solid dates)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Botswana Group Hunt with Tholo Safaris
May 13-22 and 22-31 (2 spots left), 2018 (2 groups)- Tholo is pretty much completely booked for 2018 at this point
Agent: Tim Herald – Worldwide Trophy Adventures - Lexington, KY (859) 608 9331 – tim@trophyadventures.com

These are 2 group plainsgame hunts just like we did in 2015 and 2016.
Please see my reports with tons of photos here

2015 trip report

2016 Hunt Report

This is the exact same pricing in 2018 that we used for 2015 and 2016, so it is a great deal, and there are lots and lots of very favorable hunt reports on AR about Tholo. I have never heard a complaint. I will be in camp with both groups.

This is a 9 night – 8 full hunting day, hunt on a 2x1 basis. 2x1 is not (and was not for our groups) an issue. There is LOTS of game. You can upgrade to 1x1 if you want. You may use gun, bow or both. Camp gun use is FREE if you choose, you just pay for ammo, and they have nice rifles.

The property is about 250,000 acres. Camp has chalets and east Africa type tents – very nice. Food is great as is the staff.

In this package, you get all day rates with the normal food, lodging, daily laundry, PH, trackers, skinners, drinks, etc.

Price is $7300 (we can take credit cards) and it is a 25% deposit now, 25% 1 year out, and balance due 60 days prior to hunt. trophy fees for the following are INCLUDED:

Kudu
Eland
Gemsbok
Zebra
Impala
Blue Wildebeest
Jackal (everyone pretty much shot 1-3 jackals this year).

Trophy quality is fantastic. Expect 54-58” kudu, we had some great eland killed, impala were 24-26”, we had 40” and 42” gemsbok bulls killed. It is top notch.

Observers are $200/day, and can shoot some of your package if you want.

The only extras from the outfitter is transfer from Maun airport – 3 hours – and worked out to be split at about $150/person, and VAT on day rate portion of the package (~$300). Botswana does charge ammo tax at airport, but I paid about $30. There is a $150/gun Botswana gun permit that Tholo handles if you want to bring your own rifle, but again, you can use theirs free.

It is a great place for a double rifle as well. I took a lot of animals with my .470 the past couple of years, and it made the hunt incredibly fun.

I have 3 now 2 openings in 1st group and close to wide open in 2nd group.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great price. That is hard to beat, anywhere. If I was going on another Plains game hunt, I would look at doing this for sure!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tim,

Are you going to be at SCI-Vegas? What booth?

Cheers,

Mike

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Yes Mike...we will be at the WTA booth in the big Cabela's booth #4633. Come by and chat. I will be there Wed-Sat.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim, is there an observer rate should I take my wife along?

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
The observer rate is $200/day and they can share your bag if you want. There are a couple of ladies as observers already in the 1st group. Camp is nice for lounging around, you can watch lots of wildlife, etc.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

posted Hide Post
Whats the date range for the first group?

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
The actual hunt dates are May 23-30. Then for a 2nd group, we can do the 9 days immediately before or after the original dates. That will honestly depend on the first person that wants alternate dates.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
First hunt basically full (could maybe fit in 1) and 2nd hunt will have hunt dates of June 1-8, 2018.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

posted Hide Post
Tim, would this hunt be possible with a handgun? Or would a rifle be more practical?

Thanks,
Brett

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Brett- I have shot everything there in 2 years with a double. Most good hand gunners can shoot at double rifle range? You won't be able to be quite as picky, but should still be able to get some good trophies, and they have plenty of rifles you can use free if you aren't happy with your pistol shots...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Brett- I have shot everything there in 2 years with a double. Most good hand gunners can shoot at double rifle range? You won't be able to be quite as picky, but should still be able to get some good trophies, and they have plenty of rifles you can use free if you aren't happy with your pistol shots...

Guys double check if you can import a handgun into Botswana.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are any other species that can be hunted,such as springbok,small predators etc? Can other animals be taken in lieu of those listed or swapped out dollar for dollar? Would any bird hunting be available? I am interested as is my hunting partner. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It is unbelievable place
You'll be in good hands gentlemen and if anyone brings spouses, they gonna love it as well
Nothing like having drink while you waiting for dinner, meanwhile watching hippos and across the pond leopard and honey badgers switching places on bait tree
Priceless

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I have a message in asking about handguns. Jerry- they have springbuck, black wildebeest, waterbuck, warthog and a few others that can be added. They will not let us switch out animals on the package. It is such a good deal that they need to keep it as is, and there are LOTS of everything on the package and they need to shoot them. You can however just go on day rates and trophy fees.

They quit giving out permits for small predators a few years ago, I have been interested in that as well. They also switched birds, besides dove to October/November which doesn't coincide with big game. That was a bad move.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've got to do this trip one of these times.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
NO handguns- sorry...

Frank you know the hardest part is just saying "I'm Going!" . Would love to share camp with you...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am dying to make this hunt a reality. It's just a little too far out for me to commit. Too bad there's not a 2017 trip? Sounds like an amazing place.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
JG I wish we were going this year. It will be 2015, 2016, 2018 and very well 2019. I just had too much going on this year to get in. When you decide you might be able to go a little later on, give me a yell. I have a spot in the 1st group open and am currently filling the 2nd group, so I bet we can work one in later without much problem.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tim for the reply.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
solids dates added and spots remaining

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
OK, when's the next group hunt? I need to go someplace new.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Frank,

you're getting Covid paranoia.

So book soon and often...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Frank, I have some May 2022 dates held as they are basically sold out. I won't be there but it will be a group of our clients. We have two group hunts there this summer, but have been sold out a while. Looking forward to that in June.

Feel free to email me at tim@trophyadventures.com if you ant to discuss.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Tim,

I thought that I sent you a private message not bumped a 4 year old post!

I've got one US hunt booked for fall and I'm working on a spring bear hunt also but let me know when you do an AR Group hunt.

Frank