Find
Notify
Tools

2010 AR members hunt prices.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Starting to take bookings for my Spring 2010 hunts.

Discounts to AR members are available on all hunts, this includes any Non-Members they may choose to bring with them.

I am listing a couple of examples so that you will have an idea of the type discounts available.

I also have a discount program available for anyone putting a group of hunters together for a hunt.

Again, these are just a couple of examples of the discounts for AR members.

Guided * 4 Night / 3 Day * Javelina * Predator * Jackrabbit Hunt Pkg.

2 Hunters minimum, 4 Hunters maximum per hunt.

Hunts can be booked from February thru June, except as listed below.

Note: No hunts booked from the weekend before Easter, thru the weekend after Easter.

A second javelina can be taken for $250.00.

Price of this hunt is $900.00 per person.

For AR members, hunt price is $750.00 with the 2nd. Javelina @ $150.00

Special Youth & Parent / Guardian * 3 Night / 2 Day Hunt Pkg.

This is a special hunt package we are offering to Youths 16 and younger and their Parent / Guardian.

Maximum of 2 youths per adult, with a maximum of 2 groups per hunt.

A second javelina may be taken for: $150.00 per adult hunter.
$ 75.00 per youth hunter.

Price of this hunt is: $750.00 per adult hunter.
$375.00 per youth hunter.

Price to AR members is $650.00 for the Adult / $350.00 per youth.

Second Javelina for Adult $125.00, second Javelina for youth $50.00.

Also, this year for AR members I am offering the following;

3 night / 2 day Guided Spring Turkey - Javelina hunt, hunt must be taken during the open Spring Turkey season in Pecos county - March 20 thru May 2.

Hunt is for 1 Rio Grande strain turkey Gobbler Only and 1 Javelina.

Price of hunt is $750.00, with a second Gobbler if available @ $200.00 and a second Javelina @ $100.00.

This can be changed to a 4 night / 3 day for an additional $75.00 per hunter.

A Non-Hunting companion observer can be accommodated at @ $150.00 for the hunt period, they will be able to hunt Predators and Jack Rabbits.

On all hunts, paying hunters can hunt Predators and Jack Rabbits at no additional charge.

Hunt prices include meals/lodging/transportation on ranch during hunt.

For additional informatiomn about my hunting service, check out my web site listed below.

Note: On all hunts, a $100.00 Non-Refundable deposit is required from each hunter 17 and older to lock in chosen hunt dates.

Also on all hunts, Blood drawn equals animal killed.

Thank You for looking, and if you have any questions please contact me.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
What type of hunting is it? Are the Javelina's hunted over bait? Calling predators or still hunting? Jacks in open areas with rifles or brushy areas with shotguns?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12508 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
90%+ of the Javelina hunting is done spot and stalk. I do have blinds/stands that I will use at a clients request.

In many cases I will have corn lines running, but we stalk in on them and see what is there and if the client wants to shoot.

I do not like setting a client in a stand, except for the Turkey hunts.

Some of it depends on the type of equipment the client is using, and on the weather.

Archery hunters are handled a little differently than firearms hunters, cool/rainy weather requires a different strategy and less use of the corn lines.

The Jack Rabbits are hunted from the vehicles, with the shooters setting in the bed of the pick up on hay bales and we just drive around the pastures and when a jack is spotted whoever has that turn at shooting tries to hit the bunny.

The majority of the predators on the ranch are Bobcat and fox.

This past season there were more coyotes in evidence that any time during the previous 11 years.

We also have badgers and ringtail cats on the ranch, and there are mountain lions with in a few miles of the ranch, although there is no confirmation of one having been on the ranch.

Additionally to that, if a Mountain Lion is seen on the ranch during one of my hunts, it is mine, the client can set and watch, unless the client is in a stand and I ain't there, then it is theirs.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are pretty good deals especially the turkey hunt.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote