THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    DSC booth # 644 + 645 buffalo and elephant hunts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC booth # 644 + 645 buffalo and elephant hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello All,

I thought that i would do a pre-post for DSC for the guys who are interested in coming out to Africa for a crack at some truly big buffalo and exceptional elephant. The pricing for the Buff is only for AR Members - normal hunt cost $13500. If you are interested in coming to hunt cape buffalo and elephant and will be attending the DSC please pop in at booth numbers 644 and 645, myself and Paul Phelan will be there to answer any questions that you might have.

The area is known for its outstanding Elephant, Buffalo, Kudu, Nyala as well as huge leopard and lion that are available from end of August. The area offers hunters the rare opportunity at a shot at some of the truly big trophies in the above from 90 plus pounder elephant that have been hunted there and are often seen in the area to buffalo of 46” that have been taken to 63” Kudu that have also been hunted there. The camp itself have been built on old Elephant migration routes and it is not unfamiliar for elephant to walk right through camp!

The hunting is conducted by Paul Phelan and local Ph Ishmael Shabalala who between the two of them have over 30 years of hunting experience, both are fully licensed and qualified with the relevant Authorities.

All pricing excludes:
• Local and international airfare
• Charter flights $ 6000 USD return from Johannesburg (2 and a half hours of flight)
• Transportation to camp from Johannesburg($500 USD per person one way, $1000 USD - 3 pax, 12 hours driving)
• 2% Govt levy on the total cost of the hunt. day rates and trophy fees
• $100 USD for cites tags
• Dip and Pack of trophies: 2 species or less = $600 USD
• Additional liquor or special liquor
• Tips for Professional Hunters and camp staff
• Medical evacuation insurance, or similar insurances

Pricing Includes the following:
• trophy fee of said animal
• Field preparation of trophies
• All meals, accommodation, malt & wine, soft drinks during the hunt
• Daily laundry during the hunt
• Use of 4 x 4 vehicle
• Use of camp facilities
• Use of trackers, skinners, chef, and the use of the services of a Professional Hunter
• Exclusivity of camp, you will not share camp with any other hunters, etc

7 day Buffalo hunt = $11 500.00 USD(Please note what is included and what is not included)
15 day Elephant hunt = $ 38 000.00 USD (Please note what is included and what is not included)i only have two left for next year, as 4 have been sold already.

My pricing for Buffalo is more than competitive as we will not shoot small bulls, soft / green bulls. we will only shoot animals that are of good quality trophy(big drop and spread or if you are like me an old dagga boy with a racing helmut) and of the correct age. The method of hunting usaully starts off with an ambush spot where the bulls are known to cross, from there if no huntable animal is seen we will then search for spoor and take it further.

My elephant is expensive due to the reason that we will not shoot bulls under 60 pounds and dedicate the hunting of elephant at a rate of one per month to ensure trophy quality and less stress / impact on the area, the more time spent in the area the greater the chance of getting a crack at monster elephant

While the hunting is difficult and challenging as none of our animals are tied down or stay put, we hunt ethically and morally and if your hunting prefferences are not the above then please do not approach me. for the guys who are not as fit or not in as good health as they used to be, buffalo hunting via ambush is a very popular technique and very do-able. I do not beat around the bush and an honest upfront answer will be recieved at all times.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries,

E-mail: aubrey@airchartersafrica.com
Cellphone: +27 82 695 5327

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aubrey and Paul
Great guy's looking to hunt with you soon. Was a pleasure meeting and talking with you both in Dallas. Keep me in mind for that rhino.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Likewise sir, great meeting you and your mates and look forward to seeing that 700 overkill in action on a buff in my area.

will send you info on the rhino within the week.

Go well

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote