Find
Notify
Tools

Moose hunting in Sami land (Sweden)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted
I’m offering bull moose hunts in the land of the indigenous people of Sweden.
These are 1x1 trophy Bull moose hunts.
The hunts are from September 11th to 15th or 21th to the 25th. October 11th to 15th. 5 day hunts.
The hunt is conducted in the north of Sweden by reindeer herder and guide Joachim Andersson. The area is vast open hill mountains with patches of deciduous trees in the valleys. The hunt is conducted by calling and binoc scouting.

The hunt cost
€2300 includes guide, food and accommodation. Transfer from Östersund airport to the mountains. Also, if the hunt succeeds during the first day/days we can stay for trout fishing.
Trophy fees
Moose bull €900
Bronze medal €1800
Silver medal €2300
Gold medal €2800
Bear €1700 (possible if any bears left on the license.)

Not included is Swedish hunting license (€30) and charter flight (€650) if you want to take helicopter up the mountain instead of walking. (Walking takes 1,5-2 hours)

Joachim Andersson
Fridsberg 485
833 94 Strömsund
Sweden
Phone +4670 2677227
Email: vaerie@spray.se

Posts: 49 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to see you here Joachim Wink

Those are some serious europen moose trophies tu2

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
I can strongly recommend this hunt! I have hunted this area several times and will come back again. The mountain area are splendid, beautiful and vast. The moose density is not so high for Swedish conditions but the bulls are big and Joachim is a skilled moose caller. I would say that this is absolutely one of the best areas in Europe if you are interested in a big European moose bull.

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi PA - looks faboulus Smiler
How do you become a member of the hunting party ? Smiler

This type of hunting the moose in the mountains has always been a dream for me !

Sorry - I did not read the top of the report. I will now !

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
Hi PA - looks faboulus Smiler
How do you become a member of the hunting party ? Smiler

This type of hunting the moose in the mountains has always been a dream for me !

Sorry - I did not read the top of the report. I will now !

Morten

Hi Morten,

To become a member of that hunting party is a bit problematic. The only way to own hunting rights for big game in the wilderness in the Swedish mountains is to belong to a native Sami family that owns reindeers. So one way could be that you in your next incarnation try to be born into a Sami family Smiler

Another way could be that you try to convince Joachim to adopt you, but he allready have three childrens and I guess that you are older than Joachim so it might feel a bit odd, I would try to go for the reincarnation Wink

/ P-A

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PA - you must be kidding Wink I, the Norwegian city boy, would be a perfect extra son at 54 fully educated in life and hunting ! No hassel at all raising me Big Grin

From joke to revolver as they say in Norwegian - I will think about this offer and possibility. Next year maybe ???

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
very interesting... it's also possibile shoot some reindeer?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of this before...wow...would love to visit Sweden and experience a hunt like this with the people there!!!

Interesting it looks like a very beautiful country/place!!!

I may even forsake my next Namibia PG hunt to do this with my son instead...Any more pics of the country and could we extend another two days just for the pure enjoyment of it...Costs please?

A BIG trophy would be nice...but the pure enjoyment of the scenery/open country and the company of the guide is most important to us!!!

This sounds FANTASTIC!!!

Thank you!!!

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the spirit of transparency...we're not high-end clients...just commoners who are looking for a wonderful adventure in what looks like is a beautiful country of yours...my 24 yr old son would be extremely happy with a standard moose bull and me a bear as to our budget...but we do understand you may prefer to take hunters that are in search for bigger trophies...we'll wait in line if need be and plan accordingly. Smiler

Looks like a perfect father/son trip!!!

Please PM me...Thank you!

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
Some Moore Pictures from the area Smiler

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
Hello!
nice to read your comment! Im not all about money Smiler My high priority is to sell my hunts to people who appreciates nature and a nice adventure. You and your son seems like perfect customers.

Enjoy the Pictures Wink

I´ll send you a PM shortly.

/ Joachim

quote:
Originally posted by Late-Bloomer:
In the spirit of transparency...we're not high-end clients...just commoners who are looking for a wonderful adventure in what looks like is a beautiful country of yours...my 24 yr old son would be extremely happy with a standard moose bull and me a bear as to our budget...but we do understand you may prefer to take hunters that are in search for bigger trophies...we'll wait in line if need be and plan accordingly. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joachim, is this hunt possible to do as a father/son hunt ?

Morten

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joachim, is this hunt possible to do as a father/son hunt ?

Morten

Yes Morten. I´ll send you a PM soon Smiler

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mario:
very interesting... it's also possibile shoot some reindeer?

Hello Mario!
Sorry, but no reindeer hunt in this area. Common in Sweden it´s only herding.
//Joachim

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:

Dennis

Thank you Dennis Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joachim, This is a fantastic hunt you offer - well done. Any chance of combining it with Capercaillie and Black Cock ?
Can I bring along a non-hunter ( my wife ) on this hunt ?
Cheers Jan

Posts: 91 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to ask - who gets the meat, you or the hunter ?
Cheers Jan

Posts: 91 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swenative:
Hello!
nice to read your comment! Im not all about money Smiler My high priority is to sell my hunts to people who appreciates nature and a nice adventure. You and your son seems like perfect customers.

Enjoy the Pictures Wink

I´ll send you a PM shortly.

/ Joachim

quote:
Originally posted by Late-Bloomer:

Yes, that's us!!! tu2

Wow, looking forward to this!!!
I know it'll be incredible and a lot of fun!!!

I can already see myself in the pictures and smell the fresh clean air and the wonderful scents of nature!!!

Thanks Joachim looking forward to this!!!

Aloha!

Roland

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Good offer Joachim! I would love to take a bear in this area.

Roland we should meet up if you come here, this is not so "long" way from me.

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
Good offer Joachim! I would love to take a bear in this area.

Roland we should meet up you come here, this is not long from me.

Dang...I was just about to PM you brother!!! It would mean very much to me Anton I would be extremely blessed beer

Us Hawaiians are going to freeze our arses off by the looks of it...hopefully the weather/snow/blizzards will be kind to us foreigners who only know the warm tropical beach climates rotflmo

But that's why this adventure would mean so much to us!!! dancing

Hawaiians dancing in the snow!!!

I'll PM you in another couple hours with some questions and such brother!!!

Aloha!

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
Hello Jan! And thank you Smiler If you want to visit me on a 5-days moosehunt and then hunt Capercaillie or Black Cock for a few days I think we can arrange that. You can bring your wife too. I`ll PM you. / Joachim
quote:
Originally posted by huntfish:
Joachim, This is a fantastic hunt you offer - well done. Any chance of combining it with Capercaillie and Black Cock ?
Can I bring along a non-hunter ( my wife ) on this hunt ?
Cheers Jan

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
I get the meat Jan Wink
quote:
Originally posted by huntfish:
Forgot to ask - who gets the meat, you or the hunter ?
Cheers Jan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dennis

Thank you Dennis Smiler

I hope enjoy posting here. We need some more good stories and pictures from the wild european north.
Hope to hunt with you one day Joachim!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
It would be an honour for me Dennis Smiler
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dennis

Thank you Dennis Smiler

I hope enjoy posting here. We need some more good stories and pictures from the wild european north.

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
Wink
quote:
It would be an honour for me Dennis Smiler
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dennis

Thank you Dennis Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hannay:
Hej Joachim,
I've sent you an email about this hunt.
Jeff

Hej Jeff. I´v written you back Smiler

One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
quote:
PA - you must be kidding Wink I, the Norwegian city boy, would be a perfect extra son at 54 fully educated in life and hunting ! No hassel at all raising me Big Grin

From joke to revolver as they say in Norwegian - I will think about this offer and possibility. Next year maybe ???

Yes that might be true, Morten you could be the perfect son to adopt.

Another option could be that you lure Joachim into marriage, perfectly legal in Sweden. But I do think that Zarah would not approve...

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Beautifull trophies,fantastic enviroment ,as i have some friends in Sweden this place is on my wish list

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Beautifull trophies,fantastic enviroment ,as i have some friends in Sweden this place is on my wish list

Thank you!
You are welcome Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-A Åhlén:
quote:

Another option could be that you lure Joachim into marriage, perfectly legal in Sweden. But I do think that Zarah would not approve...

Hahaha Per A... I am not smart enough to lure anyone ... and my Lisbet would not approve either .. I think Wink

One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P-A Åhlén:
quote:

Hahaha Per A... I am not smart enough to lure anyone ... and my Lisbet would not approve either .. I think Wink

Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
PM

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote