Find
Notify
Tools

November Namibia Cull hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Otjandaue Hunting Safaris
posted
I have available two cull hunts for November 2009. This is not a trophy hunt but trophy animals can be taken at the list price. The hunt consist of 7 hunting days for 5 non-trophy (broken horns, old bulls, broken off - horns and non cemetric horns) Gemsbuck. Should we be able to get more then 5 Gemsbuck the price will be US$ 150.00 extra per animal. The hunt can only be for one hunter at a time. Observers welcome, Fathers wanting to treat their kids arrangements can be made.

Package cost for 7 days & 5 Gemsbuck = US$ 2360.00, everything included except for flight tickets and Liquor.There is a few Imapala with broken horns or abnormal horns that can also be taken as cull animals.

Any body interested please mail me. otjandaue@iway.na

Posts: 70 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Roy before. This should be an excellent time, and the price is unbelievable! Lots of shooting for almost nothing. He does have some very nice trophy specimens if you are intersted, as well.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I also can recommend this hunt. Roy has a great place & quality game. He is also alot of fun to hunt with.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is as OUTSTANDING offer!!!!!!!

Do you have above-avg Trophy Black or Blue Wildebeest on the property as well?

How large is your property?

Thanks!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Squeeze

I have 24700 Acres of private land. I do have very good Black and Blue wildebeest on the property. It is not a easy hunt due to the size of the propperty and I don't over stock my propperty. I also only take 20 hunters a year to not over hunt my ranch and then I still hunt on my neighbour concessions as well sometimes.

Roy

Otjandaue Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roy,

I appreciate the PM you sent me... Big Grin

I really enjoy hunting Oryx and this cull hunt is a really great price...such MAGNIFICENT animals and hard hunting indeed!

As far as the Wildebeest...GREAT!

I'm in need of a Wildebeest and Red Hartebeest the next time I get back to Namibia!

And I understand the importance of herd management as you explained!!!

Aloha!

Roland

one of us
posted Hide Post
Late-bloomer:

This is a great deal, I am counting my pennies and my son says, "Dad, school isn't that important." Roll Eyes

I wonder how far this is from Martin Walther's farms (Otjikoko) that we hunted on last year? Can't be too far.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Late-bloomer:

This is a great deal, I am counting my pennies and my son says, "Dad, school isn't that important." Roll Eyes

I wonder how far this is from Martin Walther's farms (Otjikoko) that we hunted on last year? Can't be too far.

Hey buddy!

It should be right up the road.... beer

The only thing for me is November???

Maybe cause them Oryx cows are nursing them younguns..

Nevertheless, always looking to find CREDIBLE and HONEST OUTFITTERS with INTEGRITY who want my business and RESPECT my money, by offering incredible values to folks like me who are willing to save up hard-earned cash!

I'll stick with folks like Roy and the Walter's and several others...

Lately, I have found several OUTFITTERS who really PREFER working DIRECTLY with the client....I prefer that as well... beer

EXCEPT when needed... I will use a couple agents that I sincerely RESPECT and TRUST!!!!!!

I'll be talking more to Roy soon... thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Late Bloomer , Gatogordo

The Walter's aren't far from me, they are on the other side of the Omaruru River and about 20 km further from me.I don't know the walter's personally but me and there manager Tommy Hall are good friends.

Late-Bloomer is right, November is high season for Oryx females and most of them will be pregnant, this hunt is aimed at Bulls, I shoot in general 98% bulls. I have a lot of Oryx on my property and quite a few old bulls with broken horns, or bend horns or horns where the one tip might be 3 to 4 " smaller then the other, and it's them that I take out, they are mostly also the lone bulls. That's why I only sell two of these hunts, I would have liked to take out more Oryx but as I explained the problem in November is with the females so I must limit the hunts. I will work in next year for my hunters a type of deal where they can hunt extra Oryx at 150US$ per animal if the time permits, that way I can even them out over a year.

Roy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roy,

New PM sent... beer

One of Us
Picture of Inácio
posted Hide Post
Hunting with Roy and be otjandaue is very good.
Roy, You have to take while the wind is good.

Inácio

I am always hunting

Posts: 31 | Location: V.N. Milfontes- Portugal | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roy:

Are you located on the river? Has rabies impacted your Kudu?

I'm certainly not going to argue with a man on the ground but when we were near you last year, on MW farms, the female oryx were just starting to calve in July, they must have a long breeding season.

Finally, if you're really a friend with Tommy Hall, that's good enough for me. They don't make many better than him. Good man.

Please PM me with your available dates in Nov.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo

My house is on or right next to the Omaruru river. Oryx Calf through out the year but they peak in January. I saw females yesterday at the waterhole that will calf within the next two weeks, that's one reason why I shoot very few female Oryx for trophies, I don't even shoot them for meat. I have a lot of Bulls here.

Roy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To all my hunters who repsonded with such good comments about me I really appreciate it and I don't call you my friends for nothing. I hope in near future we will be hunting together again.

Once again thank you very much.

Roy

one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otjandaue Hunting Safaris:
To all my hunters who repsonded with such good comments about me I really appreciate it and I don't call you my friends for nothing. I hope in near future we will be hunting together again.

Once again thank you very much.

Roy

I haven´t respond because I only saw this thread right now.
Roy, go ahead and shoot those impala rams with the broken horns but please see that no one gets that trophy ram that has eluded João for the all week. He wants to settle the score with that bugger next year.
To you guys that are considering hunting with Roy here is my advice: please don’t. Because if you do, then you will be coming back next year and the year after that, and soon it will be very difficult for him to find free time to book me.
B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To all concerned I've been talking with Roy VIA pm's and I am very impressed with his professionalism and personable and friendly nature....He's definitely got my business!!!

Thanks for the PM's from members who have highly recommended Roy and his outfit!!!

Anyone seriously thinking about Namibia should definitely look into talking with Roy!!!

Aloha!

Roland

one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple people have asked where to find the hunt report I posted a couple years ago. Here is a link: http://forums.accuratereloadin...=526106466#526106466

While I haven't been back to Namibia since, I have talked with Roy in Dallas each year, and he has been instrumental in getting my mounted springbok shipped. With Roy now having ownership of this property, I would expect a change for the better.

I would be happy to answer any questions via PM for those considering this hunt.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by llamapacker:
A couple people have asked where to find the hunt report I posted a couple years ago. Here is a link: http://forums.accuratereloadin...=526106466#526106466

While I haven't been back to Namibia since, I have talked with Roy in Dallas each year, and he has been instrumental in getting my mounted springbok shipped. With Roy now having ownership of this property, I would expect a change for the better.

I would be happy to answer any questions via PM for those considering this hunt.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I appreciate the PM and answering my questions and the link you just provided to your 2007 hunt report!

Aloha!

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Roy...

I'm really impressed with everything Bill has shared with me including his 2007 3-Day PG Hunt with you in the link he just posted!

Now that you've taken ownership,... the skies the limit my friend... beer

I was particularly impressed by him mentioning how hard you worked for him afield...You were working hard and were desperately seeking his welfare and to find him his intended game. I applaud your efforts and sincerely respect your ENTHUSIASM!

Please don't ease up.... Big Grin

That's the type of hunt I want to be on, an owner who respects and wants to satisfy his paying clients...that's all genuine and extremely fantastic to hear about in my books, as that's the type of hunt that my son Josh and I are looking for! And I would expect many of my friends here on AR FORUM desire the same when they go to Namibia and hunt with you!

Also, that hunt he reported on was in 2007 and its now a couple of years that have gone by and I know you know the property even better by now as having time to pattern them somewhat being there 24/7 for a good long while now...Again all pluses in my book!

And being a good, good friend of PH Tommy Hall right down the road; I would expect the both of you have consulted alot and know the best direction to take your outfit in both short and long-term goals!

I'm excited to hunt there and I appreciate all our PM's as the day draws nearer... beer

Hmmm...A few 40+ incher Oryx Bulls on property.... bewildered

Please add that to our growing list of TROPHY ANIMALS plus the Oryx Bull culls....

As I mentioned before I'm not looking for top 10 Trophy SCI scores as I don't have the EGO for that,.... but just looking to spend a great time, on a great hunt, with great people for a fair and affordable price!

Just a WIN-WIN situation for both owner and clients....

No more and no less my friend... beer

I've been coming across a couple more Outfitter/Landowners as yourself from Namibia who are SLOWLY and more willing now to make the necessary adjustments to daily rates and trophy prices to bring in the business from the ever-decreasing market remnant of PG safari hunters who still will SACRIFICE whatever it takes to go.

I believe you folks will be better able to weather the storm we're all in right now due to the global economic crisis!

Good pure business-sense in my opinion.

IMHO that's the best way to keep losses down and the boat afloat, till the good times come back again 4-5 years down the road...

Many are in it for the long haul and IMO these OWNER/OUTFITTERS will fare much better as you are in control over your prices versus those who are stymied by concession and the outrageous govt. prices on game animals!

Those type of places may be hit real hard and only TIME will tell how long the rude awakening will last!

Folks like me want to make it back to Namibia and desperately hunt PG, but it takes people like you who have the business prowess to lure and draw us in with fantastic deals and hunts!

All the best and I await your replies!

Aloha!

Roland