New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monster Buffalo in Zim, great 2 on 1 deal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The area is known for its outstanding Elephant, Buffalo, Kudu, Nyala as well as huge leopard and lion that are available from end of August. The area offers hunters the rare opportunity at a shot at some of the truly big trophies in the above from 90 plus pounder elephant that have been hunted there and are often seen in the area to buffalo of 46” that have been taken to 63” Kudu that have also been hunted there. The camp itself have been built on old Elephant migration routes and it is not unfamiliar for elephant to walk right through camp! camp is situated on the northern boundry of Kruger National Park and most hunting is conducted along the limpopo river

The hunting is conducted by Paul Phelan and local Ph Ishmael Shabalala who between the two of them have over 30 years of hunting experience, both are fully licensed and qualified with the relevant Authorities.

All pricing excludes:
• Local and international airfare
• Charter flights
• Transportation to camp from Johannesburg($500 USD per person one way, $1000 USD - 3 pax, 10 hours driving)
• 2% ZTA levy on daily rates and 4% NP levy on trophy fees
• $100 USD for cites tags
• Dip and Pack of trophies: 2 species or less = $600 USD
• Additional liquor or special liquor
• Tips for Professional Hunters and camp staff
• Medical evacuation insurance, or similar insurances

Pricing Includes the following:
• trophy fee of said animal
• Field preparation of trophies
• All meals, accommodation, malt & wine, soft drinks during the hunt
• Daily laundry during the hunt
• Use of 4 x 4 vehicle
• Use of camp facilities
• Use of trackers, skinners, chef, and the use of the services of a Professional Hunter
• Exclusivity of camp, you will not share camp with any other hunters, etc

7 day Buffalo hunt = $10 000.00 USD each = $20 000 USD for 2 pax(Please note what is included and what is not included)

2nd and 3rd buffalo are $3000 USD each.

we will only shoot animals that are of good quality trophy(big drop and spread or if you are like me an old dagga boy with a racing helmut) and of the correct age. The method of hunting usaully starts off with an ambush spot where the bulls are known to cross, from there if no huntable animal is seen we will then search for spoor and take it further. one can expect bulls between 38" - 46"

While the hunting is difficult and challenging as none of our animals are tied down or stay put, we hunt ethically and morally and if your hunting prefferences are not the above then please do not approach me. for the guys who are not as fit or not in as good health as they used to be, buffalo hunting via ambush is a very popular technique and very do-able. I do not beat around the bush and an honest upfront answer will be recieved at all times.

Additional Species that can be hunted while on the hunt (Hippo and croc only available till May)

Baboon $100 USD Crocodile $3000 USD
Buffalo Bull $3500 USD Hippo $3000 USD
Civet $500 USD Klipspringer $550 USD
Porcupine $150 USD
Steenbok $400 USD
Bushbuck $800 USD
Grysbok $300 USD Caracal $500 USD
Jackal $250 USD Duiker $250 USD
Genet $200 USD
Nyala $3500 USD Hyena $1000 USD
Serval $1800 USD Kudu $1800 USD
Impala $450 USD
Bushpig $350 USD

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries,

Regards

Aubrey Kent
Pelandaba Safaris
www.pelandabasafaris.com
+ 27 82 695 5327

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry available dates are throught the whole year here and there

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aubrey, you and Paul look like you'd offer a fun and successful hunt! Good meeting you both in Dallas...Biebs

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

Likewise, great meeting you and Elk... ha ha ha

Man im sorry that things did not work out for the pac ele, buff - hip - croc hunt... i was looking forward to it, would of been great fun

keep in touch and good luck with that Kalahari Lion hunt

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Great prices and great looking buffs. I need to go knock off some liquor stores before I can go...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you hit that liquor store, bring me a bottle of Graganmore please Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post