New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goat/Brown Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Okay, seem's the dall sheep hunt is a tough sell and since I can't drop the price on that hunt anymore I will offer this goat hunt with the option to take a brown bear or black bear on a trophy fee.
Dates: Sept. 11-19th, 2009. $6500. This is a registration permit hunt so getting a tag is no problem. I use a jet boat to access the area. Spot and stalk goats right off the river and often this is a one day deal if weather cooperates. If the weather is lousy we'll hunt brown bear or blacks till it clears. Like most goat country up here it is steep country so hunters do need to be in good physical condition.
If you kill your goat early stay and hunt bear on the river. This is a major salmon tributary so there are good size brown bear in the area.
Trophy fee on a brown bear is $5500, black bear is $2000, wolf and wolverine are free and I have been seeing a few of them cruising through the area so it is a definet possibility.
Fly to Anchorage the 10th and I'll pick you up at your hotel early on the 11th. Travel to and from the field is included in the hunt as well as food. Your lodging will be in an 8x8 tent with cots. Sorry, no wet bar or jacuzzi tub but the night life can be interesting!
Non-res. hunting license: $85, Goat tag: $300, Brown bear: $500.
The sheep hunt is still available as well.
Hope this is clear and concise, if you have any questions give me a holler.
Thanks

Posts: 32 | Location: eagle river | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote