Notify
Tools

Tanzania Cape Buffalo Safari Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

TANZANIA CAPE BUFFALO HUNT

Tanzania Cape buffalo Discount 7 day hunting safari. $9,800.00 USD

This is a late season buffalo hunt (Oct-Nov) which is the very best time for big buffalo bulls. Should normally be very dry at this time, and there is typically huge herds right near the camp; some herds actually come into camp, as typically the only water for many miles is near the camp. (I had to chase buffalo out of camp each night last Nov). In a normal year is quite dry & hot, but if you can stand the heat, you will be into some fantastic buffalo hunting! Many hard boss dugga boys in the 37" to 40" class. Last year I saw three bulls in the 44 to 48 range! There are some big buffalo in this block! You should see lots of buffalo in 7 days! All past clients are 100% successful on 2 or more on buffalo in this camp!

I am listing this safari hunt for Federico Gellini who is SCI's International Professional Hunter of The Year 2014, and long time outfitter in Tanzania. Federico is not yet an AR member, so I'm listing it for him, and I will be the Professional Hunter on this safari. I am a full member of Tanzania Professional Hunter's Assoc.

Operator/Outfitter: Federico Gellini Tanzania Safaris/Safari Club Tanzania Ltd.
Area: Kilwa/Mbwemkuru (1,840 Sq Kilometers) & Kilwa-Nakiu (1,800 Sq Kilometers)
Professional Hunter: J.D. Andrews (Full member Tanzania Professional Hunters Assoc)

Dates available: Oct 12 thru Nov 12, 2014

7 full hunting days (8 nights) 1x1
Includes:
*Free round trip ground transportation by car (if you'd rather fly, you can pay charter fees and upgrade, $3,400 Cessna 206/ $5,400. Cessna Caravan, round trip). approx 1 hr 15 min flight.
*Free 7 day hunting permit.
*One free rifle permit. (additional rifle permits $250 each)
*Meet & Greet, at Dar es Salaam airport arrival & departure.
*Mini bus transports from Airport to Hotel & return.
*All (delicious) meals + appetizers & deserts, during the hunt. Including fresh fruit & vegatables.
*Full Bar: all bottled water, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor (full bar) and one bottle champagne to celebrate your trophy buffalo!
*Daily laundry service
*Experienced licensed PH (member TPHA)
*Experienced Trackers/Gunbearers
*4x4 Land Cruiser.
*Camp Manager, Tent boys; cooks; professional experienced skinners, bartender; waiter; etc.
*Fully equipped 4x4 Land Cruiser hunting car & Driver, and first aid kit, and sat phone.
*Deluxe East African style thatched tents; en suite toilet, shower & sink.
*Ice machine & Coffee machine in the mess.
*complete hunter's check list.

Does Not Include:
*Trophy handling fee (DPC) $1,200.
*Shipping (air-freight) of trophies.
*Observers (non-hunters) @ $250.00 Per Day each.
*Hotel accommodations at Sea Cliff Hotel, Dar es Salaam before & after the safari.
*Gratuities to PH & Staff.
*Items of a personal nature.
*Charter Plane fares (for price, see above) and any sight-seeing side trips.
*Trophy fees for animals taken or wounded & lost:
*Taxidermy
*Trophy fees (includes all anti-poaching & community development fees). ALL TROPHY FEES MUST BE PAID UPON CONCLUSION OF SAFARI----NO EXCEPTIONS.

Cape buffalo (two on permit) $2,300. (each buffalo)
Litchenstein's Hartebeest $800.
Impala $490
Warthog $550.
Nyasa Wildebeest $800.
Zebra $1,440.

This is a Super deal on a fantastic Classic Dangerous game safari hunt!! It is also possible to upgrade this hunt (by paying extra) to include other species. This block is fantastic for Leopard, Hyena, Bushpig, Roosevelt sable (many 40"+), Zebra, Lichtenstein Hartebeest, Warthog, Harvey's Red Duiker, EA Bush Duiker, EA Kudu, Eland, etc. Other game available: Lion, Bushbuck, impala, Nyasa Wildebeest, hippo, elephant, porcupine, honey badger, civet, reedbuck. We do not overhunt the block, so Trophy quality is very good to excellent on a majority of species.

Terms: 50% ($4,900 usd) due by bank wire transfer to book this hunt, with balance paid within 60 days of start of the safari.

I can answer all your hunting questions, but for booking please contact:

FEDERICO GELLINI TANZANIA SAFARIS / SAFARI CLUB TANZANIA LTD.
PO Box 105586, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: ophfg1@yahoo.com
Tel:+255 22 2775902 Mobile: +255 754 434435

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I think this is probably the best deal you will find on a quality buffalo hunt in a great hunting country.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
This is a very good deal indeed with a very good PH guiding the hunt and a great company! tu2

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
This is a very good deal indeed with a very good PH guiding the hunt and a great company! tu2

ASANTE SANA BWANA STEVE!

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would think that Steve Rabinson should attract the title of Mzee in kiswahili and not just bwana - that said, this offer is great - it is the buff deal of the year.

Posts: 91 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found this about FEDERICO GELLINI TANZANIA SAFARIS.

http://www.huntingreport.com/h..._details.cfm?id=3021

Posts: 40 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 29 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don`t think I have seen a buffalo hunt in Tanzania that cheap before. Especially when you don`t have to charter in. Some lucky basterd is going to get a deal here Smiler

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sob, what a great deal and I can't do it.

Tim

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtep:
I found this about FEDERICO GELLINI TANZANIA SAFARIS.

http://www.huntingreport.com/h..._details.cfm?id=3021

As it happens, I know both JD & Patrick Mnahela and both are PHs that know their business and I'd be happy to go into the thick stuff to look for the big 'n uglies with either of 'em anytime......... As for Patrick being lazy......... that's utter bollocks. He can and does, or at least did when I knew him, walk with the very best of 'em.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 1068 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the very kind words Steve! Yes, Patrick was his PH and he has been a highly successful PH in Tanzania for 28 years. He's also graduate of MWEKA WILDLIFE COLLEGE; with many happy clients. Federico sent a very lengthy rebuttal to this guys complaint on hunting report.

This is really not the place to go into detail on this. But I have read this man's complaint to Hunt Report and the Company rebuttal. I feel a few words are in order, To be quite brief:

He agreed to share the 2x1 safari (to save lots money) with our company's (now retired) booking agent, Mr. Jarret. He was offered a big leopard, which he turned down (so Jarrett shot it), after all, he also was paying to hunt this 2x1 safari. This client's #1 priority was a big elephant of over 50 lbs. He turned down one of 40 to 45 pounds. That's hunting. (BTW: A 50 pounder was shot by next client)his letter said "We did half a dozen stalks on young Bull elephant, also sable". He complained that Patrick did not track duiker (!!) Yet called Patrick lazy, claiming he did not get out of the vehicle! His complaint was strange & full of such contradictions. He said there's no red duiker there, yet I sent photo proof of 5 Red Duiker my past clients shot in Kilwa, including a huge Rowland Ward Red Duiker my client shot just that year.
Patrick offered to take him to the good red duiker & suni areas, but he wanted to stay where all the elephant were.
He complained he did not shoot a (very rare) serval cat! (one member on AR stated he "did 17 safaris in 6 African countries, and never saw a serval") So, is that fair? He complained about seeing some old white elephant bones in the block. (our previous kills, and some natural, lion kills) They remain of course, visible for years.
He passed some big eland, kudu, bushbuck, hartebeest, buffalo, warthog etc. So,in reality: he ONLY wanted a big elephant, sable, red duiker, suni and Serval. and he did shoot a big 39 1/2" Roosevelt sable. He was just obviously looking to make trouble, with some very absurd statements. Funny, He's only client we have ever had to complain about our fantastic food! All clients really rave about our great food & free bar. I've hunted other companies camps...and Federico has the best food & cook by far!
By the way, he hunted from our old camp. Last year we moved the camp to this great area on the Nakiu River, far from our old camp.

one of us
posted Hide Post
can be done in early Jan?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Svinejakt:
Don`t think I have seen a buffalo hunt in Tanzania that cheap before. Especially when you don`t have to charter in. Some lucky basterd is going to get a deal here Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mario:
To answer your question: no sir. Because of rains, this hunting camp in south is closed in January (but we keep it staffed to do anti-poaching patrols).

How about a buffalo hunt in Masailand?? You can contact Federico directly. I'm sure he can give you good price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a few photos of plains game in Kilwa...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few more pics...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And just a few more...and I think that's enough. you can see we have some good hunting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks PH,but your offer was very attractive.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mario:
thanks PH,but your offer was very attractive.

Mario: Please contact Federico and he will give you a good price in Masailand I am sure.

His email: ophfg1@yahoo.com

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Graves
posted Hide Post
I am interested in doing this hunt.

PM sent.

Posts: 56 | Location: United States | Registered: 11 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$ 15,600 for seven days and two buffalo is the base price which doesn't include airfare, guest house stay, tips, taxidermy and shipping or any plains game animals. I am not putting this offer or outfitter down. I recognize that this is a bargain in the current market place. It just strikes me how so many of us on this forum live in an alternative universe compared to the average working guy that this is considered a good deal.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
GunsCore
I totally understand your point. However, this is the best deal I have seen going back to year 2002.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
$ 15,600 for seven days and two buffalo is the base price which doesn't include airfare, guest house stay, tips, taxidermy and shipping or any plains game animals. I am not putting this offer or outfitter down. I recognize that this is a bargain in the current market place. It just strikes me how so many of us on this forum live in an alternative universe compared to the average working guy that this is considered a good deal.

That's the way its always been, safaris are not for everyone. I'm just happy I got myself on the right side of the line. Big Grin

My only regret is that I'm booked for the season when deals like this come up. Tanzania is on my list.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:

I had a client tell me he spent $20K on a father & son moose hunt. They never even saw a bull moose. And I also know guy who spent 15K on a moose hunt, or 20K on sheep; got one 1st morning...hunt over & done! Back to the expensive hotel in Anchorage. BTW: none of those Alaskan hunts included any "Hotels, tips, taxidermy, shipping" or other animals either. One specie hunts.
African Cape buffalo are one of the World's great hunting trophies. Right up there with moose, (and probably a hell of a lot more fun!)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TANZ-PH:
quote:

I had a client tell me he spent $20K on a father & son moose hunt. They never even saw a bull moose. And I also know guy who spent 15K on a moose hunt, or 20K on sheep; got one 1st morning...hunt over & done! Back to the expensive hotel in Anchorage. BTW: none of those Alaskan hunts included any "Hotels, tips, taxidermy, shipping" or other animals either. One specie hunts.
African Cape buffalo are one of the World's great hunting trophies. Right up there with moose, (and probably a hell of a lot more fun!)

+1000

Africa will always be your best bang for your buck, some bangs are more! Tanz-PH is so right on the money, have you seen what North American Big Game is going for?!?! That's crazy....Safari Hunting will never be for the Average guy...neither will Super Models or Ferrari.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oryxhunter1983:
quote:
Originally posted by TANZ-PH:
quote:

+1000

Africa will always be your best bang for your buck, some bangs are more! Tanz-PH is so right on the money, have you seen what North American Big Game is going for?!?! That's crazy....Safari Hunting will never be for the Average guy...neither will Super Models or Ferrari.

But I want a super model and a Ferrari. Life is so unfair.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The real question is--

Who is higher maintenance, a super-model or a hunter addicted to African Safaris????

jumping

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An excellent question!! tu2
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could you please advise if your quoted price includes the necessary concession and conservation fees ?
Please also advise what specific plains game animals are available to be hunted within this offer without the addition of other fees beyond the trophy fee per animal.
I understand the area this hunt will be conducted in is "open use" ? Does this mean other local hunters are likely to be hunting the same area at the same time ?
Thanks for clarification of these points.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe you had already contacted Federico and he has answered these questions.
All fees are quoted in the above offer...
All the species you can take are listed on the above offer, along with all the trophy fees for them. The fees include Anti-poaching & Community development...
Yes, this is an open area. no one other than us should hunting there. Many big companies (like Robin Hurt Safaris) have open areas as their hunting blocks. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple guys ask with a PM: "Why is this hunt so cheap??" Well, if you really want to pay us more, we will accept it...haha. Seriously, this is a great hunt. I explained that this time slot is very hot. You must be able to stand the heat & prepared to walk. Also: At Vegas SCI we had a agreement on a 21 day hunt with a man from Florida. He could have picked any time he wished (as we were open) and after talking lots with me, he requested the 21 days in last 2 weeks of October & 1st week Nov. So we were holding it a long time for him. He later had tax audit and decided better to move it to next year. Also, we really would like to get some clients from AR so we can get word of mouth bookings next year though AR!

The man in the very top photo with the 43" bull, shot that (and another good bull) in first week of October 2013. Federico generously gave a 7 day buffalo/plains game donation to a small SCI Chapter Banquet, and this gentleman won it. It was a super deal! It believe he paid about $6,500 (our minimum price) WITH ONE FREE BUFFALO TROPHY FEE INCLUDED! NOW THAT IS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER/CHEAPER DEAL THAN THIS!
This was his first trip to Africa. On the first morning, we tracked two bulls for 2 hours, and very nearly shot the biggest buffalo I ever saw in my life (outside of a park). I think he was around 47-48"" wide. He was with another very good dagga boy that we could have easily shot. We walked far, but saw buffalo each & every day, plus lots of quality plains game, (which he said he did not want. He only came for buffalo).

A couple days later he shot a very nice hard boss, scared, very old, in fact ancient bull. On last day he rang the bell and shot the 43" beauty in the top photo, after a very easy, short 10 min stalk.

He could have easily also shot: big sable, zebra, hartebeest, eland, warthog, hyena, duikers, Zebra, wildebeest, klispringer, a 53" kudu etc. He saw lots of game (including a monster of a EA greater Kudu over 55" standing at 40 yards, just begging to be shot). We saw elephants, hippo, etc & lions too I believe.

The next client (21 days) shot all his buffalo, leopard, (passed lion because not old enough) and all the plains game on his list. The following client was only after two animals...but saw many. One day, He passed a honest 44" buffalo standing close to the car. He had shot many buffalo, and did not want it, even though I fairly begged him to please take my rifle and shoot it! That was in mid-nov.

If you are truly serious about booking, I can give his email, (and others) as reference. But I will not give out to just anyone. If you are serious real/legit hunter, and provide your full name, I am more than happy to provide my past client's reference info.
Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spent 18 days in Oct.-Nov in 2008 in the Kilombero and it is hot. Averaged 110 degrees during the day. However, I knew that going in and prepared accordingly. Nothing like hunting in Tanz. We saw hundreds of buff and I shot 4 great ones. Plenty of plainsgame as well as lion, leopard and hippo. You will have the greatest hunt of your life.

Dutch

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
There's always a lot of misunderstanding, misinterpretation & BS comments of the situation where open areas and game control areas etc are concerned.

Sure they're not like the Selous and sure you'll see people around but that doesn't make them any better or worse than anywhere else. I've seen people discuss it here in the past where some instant experts have claimed a OA or GCA has (for example) had Masai all around the place but it has no water........ well where do the Masai water all their cattle then?

Anyone who dismisses an open area or game control area as no good simply because it is an open area or game control area is talking out of his arse.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite true Steve!
Remember: there are good Open Areas & bad Open Areas...just like there are good Game Control Areas, and bad GCA. ditto for Game Reserves.

As Example: two of the biggest, most successful outfitters in Tanzania currently hunt or have hunted/leased Open Areas. GFT/Game Frontiers & Robin Hurt Safaris. (In fact, some of GFTs most popular blocks were classed as OAs).

Truthfully, in EIGHT years of hunting this block I have had only TWO occasions where I encountered another hunting car! And those cars were coming from other places and just passing through a road on a far section of the block! We have TWO HUGE blocks joined together, including Jerome Latrieve Safaris' former block.

One may see a few people here & there..it is possible. There are small villages on edges of our blocks and sometimes people travel through. But If the sighting of an occasional guy on a bike irritates you, then I suppose maybe this is not for you.

There's plenty of game in this block, and all clients last year happy & successful, shooting, (or getting a good opportunity at) everything they wanted! At this late time of the year should be lots of game near the camp, and it really makes for a very relaxing hunt. One does not normally need to get up super early, and one can even take a refreshing lunch, iced drinks & mid day rest, even shower back in camp during the hottest time of the day!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great price on the Buff. I would be into this

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tanz-ph

I will take it if steve join us on it.
dancing

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like Steve to join us! Would be a whole lotta fun! Come on Steve.......you in?
beer