New
Find
Notify
Tools

black bear hunts POW
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Prince of Wales Island boat based black bear hunts for $4,250 per hunter two on one hunts We are sixteen for eighteen the last two years. Largest bear taken the last two years 21 10/16th eight foot squired hide. Fully guided week long hunt fishing included. References available.
James Phillips
Annahootz Alaskan Adventures
annahootz.com
907-747-2608

outfitter,southeast Alaska, brown bear, black bear ,mt goat

Posts: 66 | Location: southeast alaska | Registered: 13 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Hallo! sounds interesting do you have a homepage?pictures +++ best regarfrom john
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.com

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bear guide:
Prince of Wales Island boat based black bear hunts for $4,250 per hunter two on one hunts We are sixteen for eighteen the last two years. Largest bear taken the last two years 21 10/16th eight foot squired hide. Fully guided week long hunt fishing included. References available.
James Phillips
What arrangements can be made for aa experienced jr. hunter and non hunting wife that would like to go with me?

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For wife and non hunter there is always the prospect of being let loose with the credit card, in Juneau. Lots of good shops, and places to visit. take a jaunt over to Glacier Bay. Glacier Bay is very close to Juneau. Visit Mendenhall Glacier. Just a few ideas..
Watson Lake.

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
My wife does not enjoy shopping trips.
She would much prefer to sight see from the boat, watch wildlife, do some fishing and crabbing, etc.

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juneau is a long way from POW as far as Southeast Alaska goes. On this hunt you would fly to Ketchikan and then either ferry to Hollis or fly a float plane to Craig where I would meet you with the boat . I am using a eighty foot boat this year as base camp so lots of room for extras I usuaully take four hunters per trip.As far as Black bear hunts in Southeast (which does have the most and biggest bears in the State)Juneau area is not the place to go . Prince of Wales has the biggest bears taken followed closly by Kuiu and Kupreanof Islands. If you send me a E-mail I can answer any questions you have .
Thanks James Phillips
annahootz.com e-mail jim@annahootz.com

Posts: 66 | Location: southeast alaska | Registered: 13 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a fully guided hunt and we take care of hides completely. Last year we caught King salmon , halibut and lots of rock fish for our clients. Fish and hides go home as luggage with the hunters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I got your hunting info in the mail today. Looks very interesting. I will stop at the sportsman show in Harrisburg again this year to talk about the prospects of either a black bear hunt or goat hunt with you. See you in a few weeks.

Woody

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing you . I will be in the main hall again booth 7525. Hope it warms up back there though been forty five degrees in Sitka and don't know if I can handle the cold east coast.
Jim Phillips
annahootz.com