Find
Notify
Tools

Spring 2010 Hunt Openings
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Trying to fill in some open spaces during my hunt periods. For more details please contact me at the following:

Phone 682 365 3217

email: crazyhorseconsulting@yahoo.com

or PM via this site

3-night/2 day hunts, conducted on a 20K-acre ranch 18 miles east of Ft. Stockton on I-10, Pecos Co TX

These hunts are running at a 100% success rate, I guarantee you will see game and have shot opportinities. (I cannot guarantee anyone's shooting abilities).

Available hunts and time frames:

Spring Turkey/Javelina Combo 4/16 thru 5/2/2010
AR Member price $750 per hunter
2nd turkey, if avail $150
2nd jav $100

Javelina only hunt 4/16 - 5/23/2010
AR Member price $650 per hunter
2nd jav $100

Predator and Jackrabbit hunting is incuded at no extra charge.

Lodging and meals are provided on all hunts.

Transportation on the ranch during the hunts is provided. You can drive to the ranch, or you can fly into Midland Intl Airport. Round-trip transport to/from airport is an additional $75 per person.

On all hunts, 1 to 4 hunters can be accomodated.

Please contact me for more info

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am interested in the Javelina hunt. What can I expect as far as seeing one. I am thinking of late April.
Thank you

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted Hide Post
Just got back from hunting there in February. 3 hunters took 5 javelinas. We also had a shot at a bobcat but missed. Would highly recommend seen many javelina every day and the youngest member of our party may have shot the largest ever taken off the ranch at over 66 pounds.

Giraffe Hunter

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted Hide Post
some more pictures

Giraffe Hunter

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nice! Are they good eating?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Naki, don't ya'll have some "big rats" in NZ? Same taste. Salt and pepper to your specs! Now that IMHO, others fare may differ!

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Please excuse me for being tardy in responding.

Giraffe Hunter, Many Thanks to you and DPM for the kind words about my hunts in your posts.

Javelina are really good eating if prepared and handled properly.

The problem some folks have is that in Texas, many folks consider them vermin and therefore unfit to eat, and that is definitely not true.

michaelj, I guarantee my clients to see javelina and have shot opportunities, I just do not guarantee anyones shooting abilities.

I do have openings available in April, starting on the 15th..

I do not know how late I will be taking bookings in April as I have other commitments in another part of the state.

If you wish to contact me, my cell phone number is 682-365-3217 and I will try to work something out with you, especially if you can arrange dates closer to the 15th. as I will be finishing up with another client and it really helps me if I can book clients back to back.

The 66 pounder was the largest that had been taken on the ranch, until week before last when a client took one that weighed in at 68 pounds.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
I have eaten Javelina and it was fine. However, I did the skinning for my taxidermy client and the man who BBQ'd it was an excellent wild game chef. I would eat one again. Congrats to the young hunter; a 66 pound Peccary is outstanding!
LDK

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will give you a call later today.
Thanks

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote