One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted
LIMPOPO De-HORNED RHINO HUNT
6 Nights’ accommodation and 5 full hunting days
1 x Hunter 1 x Guide
1 x De-Horned Rhino bull
$20'000.00 USD ALL INCLUSIVE

The hunt will be conducted on our 20000Acre Big 5 Concession. This is a great opportunity to complete your dangerous game collection at an affordable price. While on the hunt you will have several encounters with big mature Rhino bulls. These hunts are heavily regulated and only Tracking / walk and stalk hunting is allowed.

The property is located in the Limpopo Province of South Africa – an area rich in wildlife, offering pristine hunting.
This varied terrain attracts and supports over 45 hunt-able species like Buffalo, Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Hippo and Crocodile.
Kudu, Eland, Sable, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Bushbuck and Nyala are some of the common plains Game species found.

While on Safaris you will be staying in our 5 Star LeadWood lodge situated on top of a hill with a 360* view of the hunting area.
Our luxurious African-style thatch-roofed chalets are designed to perfection and with all the comforts of home, it'll cater for all your yearning needs.
With a large veranda, be sure to send photos of the magnificent view, together with the best moments of the day to your loved ones at home via our multiple free WiFi networks.

Package Includes
01. Service of a Licensed Professional Hunter
02. The service of trained trackers
03. The service of trained skinners
04. Hunting vehicle
05. Field preparation of trophies
06. Accommodation, meals and soft drinks as well as beer and wine in moderation
07. Daily laundry service
08. Airport pickup from Polokwane Airport
09. Rifle rental if required / Ammunition charged at cost per box of 20 rounds
10. Trophy fees for animals taken or wounded

To discuss this hunt with us, please contact
OUTFITTER: Bossie Mostert
EMAIL: lbgsafaris@yahoo.com or bossie@lbgsafaris.com
CELL: +27 711 528 411

The following pictures are of Rhino's that can be expected on the hunt

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone want to shoot a de-horned animal??

What is the point??

Like saying shoot a de-mained lion??!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
"pictures of rhinos that can be expected on the hunt" have horns? Does the "de-horning" occur before or after the "hunt"? presentation seems a little "disingenuous", have more questions but my quote button quit working.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
"pictures of rhinos that can be expected on the hunt" have horns? Does the "de-horning" occur before or after the "hunt"? presentation seems a little "disingenuous", have more questions but my quote button quit working.....

505 gibbs thank you for the question. The Rhino's pictured are Rhino's that have been De-Horned previously. As with human nails, Rhino horn grow back and these have already grown back quite a bit.
The Rhino that will be hunted will have horn and will not be cut prior to the hunt. The hunter takes the horn from the Rhino he/she hunted and takes full ownership of such a horn.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

What is the point??

Saeed, I find it quite remarkable that someone like yourself would ask such a short-sighted question.
I have been advertising these hunts for over a year now and have sold 6 that were to be hunted in 2020 season but have been rescheduled to 2021.

"What is the point you ask".
Maybe I should add and ask what is the point in doing a darted hunt where the hunter only takes a picture after a Vet has sedated the animal and he has inserted a Vita dart after wards? But yet there are people who prefer that and it's none of my business.

Or even a tusk less Elephant Cow for that matter.

As with many other game species in Africa there is a price for each size.
Elephant...30# or less or Over 30#
Buffalo...40" or over 40"
Crocodile...12ft or over
Lion....Class A-B-C-D
Kudu...Under 60' or Over

Same here. You can hunt a Rhino that has been de-horned for $20000.00 or pay upwards of $350000.00 for one that has never been cut before.
It's up to you.

It just blows my mind that people who has no intention to participate in a particular hunt would ask the most absurd questions.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limpopo Big Game Safaris:
quote:

What is the point??

Saeed, I find it quite remarkable that someone like yourself would ask such a short-sighted question.
I have been advertising these hunts for over a year now and have sold 6 that were to be hunted in 2020 season but have been rescheduled to 2021.

Maybe I should add and ask what is the point in doing a darted hunt where the hunter only takes a picture after a Vet has sedated the animal and he has inserted a Vita dart after wards? But yet there are people who prefer that and it's none of my business.

Crocodile...12ft or over
Lion....Class A-B-C-D
Kudu...Under 60' or Over

Same here. You can hunt a Rhino that has been de-horned for $20000.00 or pay upwards of $350000.00 for one that has never been cut before.
It's up to you.

It just blows my mind that people who has no intention to participate in a particular hunt would ask the most absurd questions.

Bossie,

I think the point was a Rhino is not a Rhino without the horn?

Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am less interested in the trophy and more interested in the experience of the hunt as time goes by, so I guess I can see both sides of this debate.

Bossie, I think you may be doing yourself a bit of a disservice in describing this as a hunt for a de-horned rhino. Perhaps "previously de-horned" would be more accurate, or at least make a bit of effort to explain that the animals are not entirely hornless.

I'm assuming that these are older critters who were deprived of their much-larger original horns in an effort to make them less appealing to poachers? So, aside from the small horns they now possess, they are likely the perfect candidates for hunting, i.e. older, past their prime as breeders?

Just curious, rhino hunting is not in my snack bracket at this time...Smiler

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unfortunately, just another day on AR... that's a great deal for a white rhino hunt.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What is the point??

Crocodile...12ft or over
Lion....Class A-B-C-D
Kudu...Under 60' or Over

It's up to you.

If you don’t want anyone to ask you anything, go advertise where they charge you to do so, and “protect” you.

This is a free forum, and you are of course free to advertise whatever “hunt” you wish.

I personally have no intention of shooting a rhino on a farm.

Nor do I have any intention of darting one.

When I hunt, I use a rifle.

Other times, I use a camera.

All these silly things as “darting” and I understand shooting with paintballs, are not for me.

I like the bit about “completing your collection”!

Bloody hell, are we talking about hunting, or “collecting”?

I don’t relate hunting to collecting.

Just as bad as those who “harvest” animals!

I suppose they imagine them potatoes!

Might be right, as in South Africa all are grown on a farms! rotflmo

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Bossie,

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I think if you have a closer look at the picture you will notice that they do actually have horns.

Cheers

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bossie,

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I think if you have a closer look at the picture you will notice that they do actually have horns.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do.

What should I tell anyone asking why are the horns so short??

“The farmer who sold them to me cut them off and sold to the Chinese?” rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Bossie,

Cheers

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do.

“The farmer who sold them to me cut them off and sold to the Chinese?” rotflmo[/QUOTE]

Just another doltish comment that has no merit, resembling an absolute splendid day on AR. rotflmo

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bossie just remember when you could not post hunt offers on the little clicky site you came here to sell and did well doing so here.

this site can be tough but is fair with everyone can have there say or tell people about places to hunt with out getting banned or stupid pms by internet tough guys from the site telling you to play nice as your hurting feeling.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do.

“The farmer who sold them to me cut them off and sold to the Chinese?” rotflmo[/QUOTE]

Just another doltish comment that has no merit, resembling an absolute splendid day on AR. rotflmo[/QUOTE]

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you get to do all the hunt you did sell and sell more though. with out people raising them in sa they would be all gone in the future. shame they need to cut the horns off so they can grow and breed. may just help to give some reasoning as why they do this so people understand more of your offer

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I support all types of hunting.

Always have, always will.

I am one of the few who stood for what is called “canned” hunting.

It is.

But it is no one’s business what others wish to hunt.

Outfitters selling farm hunts getting their knickers in the twist because some asked a question is not going to do them any good.

Call it what it is.

People who frequent this site are not ignorant of the facts of “hunting” on farms in South Africa!

I have personally done it, and enjoyed it.

But I knew from the start what it was.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From my understanding, the rhino horns are cut to make them less valuable to the poachers. It is a common practice to protect the rhinos I am told.

The hunt for the rhino is not impacted by the cutting of the horn.

I bagged the last rhino hunt I had booked. They were cutting the horns after I booked the trip. It didn't make me happy but I also was not going to cancel the hunt because of it. I bagged the hunt because these de-horned rhino were moved to something like 1500 acres. The small area was too much for me.

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
From my understanding, the rhino horns are cut to make them less valuable to the poachers. It is a common practice to protect the rhinos I am told.

I bagged the last rhino hunt I had booked. They were cutting the horns after I booked the trip. It didn't make me happy but I also was not going to cancel the hunt because of it. I bagged the hunt because these de-horned rhino were moved to something like 1500 acres. The small area was too much for me.

Thank you Larry.

You prove my point.

"Hunting" dangerous game in South Africa cannot be related to actual hunting.

If I wanted a full mane lion I might go there too.

We were hunting plains game in South Africa, and different people of our party were taken to different farms.

I asked why I was not taken to a specific farm, the gentleman I was hunting with said something like "You won't like it. You can see the fences wherever you are!"

I imagine "hunting" a rhino in South Africa is no different to "hunting" a lion or buffalo there.

I wonder if they have advanced to the stage where they have a proper catalogue, with pictures, tag numbers, and names for them?

We chased a wounded wildebeest once, and he got himself in the middle of some rhinos - I think it was Walter who wounded it, and he refused to shoot it there when he heard someone say "careful with your shot. It can be a very expensive mistake if you kill a rhino"

I said "I will shoot it, and you don't have top worry about any of your valuable pets. I won't hit any!"

We all laughed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's kind a silly remark......I've had some Damn fine buffalo hunts on fenced "farms" in South Africa! And some damned awful buffalo hunts on safari areas in Zimbabwe.......

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
That's kind a silly remark......I've had some Damn fine buffalo hunts on fenced "farms" in South Africa! And some damned awful buffalo hunts on safari areas in Zimbabwe.......

I am sure you did.

My problem is just knowing that I am shooting something inside a fence.

Where the animal can never get away if you chase him long enough.

Fine for plains game, but most definitely not for buffalo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am sure you did.

'Where the animal can never get away.' That is it in a nutshell !

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
I am less interested in the trophy and more interested in the experience of the hunt as time goes by, so I guess I can see both sides of this debate.

Bossie, I think you may be doing yourself a bit of a disservice in describing this as a hunt for a de-horned rhino. Perhaps "previously de-horned" would be more accurate, or at least make a bit of effort to explain that the animals are not entirely hornless.

I'm assuming that these are older critters who were deprived of their much-larger original horns in an effort to make them less appealing to poachers? So, aside from the small horns they now possess, they are likely the perfect candidates for hunting, i.e. older, past their prime as breeders?

Just curious, rhino hunting is not in my snack bracket at this time...Smiler

jmw thank you for the comment Sir.
I have a habit of saying or telling things the way they are, these are De-Horned Rhino's. Nothing more and nothing less.
Although they have regrown their horn, they are still are De-Horned Rhino. But I get your point and I appreciate your valued input and vision.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
bossie just remember when you could not post hunt offers on the little clicky site you came here to sell and did well doing so here.

this site can be tough but is fair with everyone can have there say or tell people about places to hunt with out getting banned or stupid pms by internet tough guys from the site telling you to play nice as your hurting feeling.

bcap, thank you for the comment.
You are absolutely right, AR is a place where everyone is welcome to post, advise, comment, criticize, compliment or give valued input, without being banned. AND I APPRECIATE IT.

However, if you are prepared to dish out you better be prepared to receive.

In my opinion, I think I run a well established Hunting outfit and I try to be as upfront as possible with everyone.
I am not going to allow anyone to tell me anything that is not true or accurate.

I have advertised these Rhino as "De-Horned" because it is what it is. Nothing more Nothing less.
The hunt will take place on 20'000 acres, nothing more Nothing less.
Hunting Rhino can be easy if you drive in a truck from watering hole to watering hole all day long..But that's not my way of doing it.
To me a hunting safari is all about the experience and not so much as how much I bank at the end of the day.

It is easy to brush everyone with the same brush if you just assume that is how things are in a certain place or areas.
NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT's COVER IS THE OLD SAYING FOR THAT.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

larryshores thank you for your input Sir.

When you say QUOTE "the rhino horns are cut to make them less valuable to the poachers" you are 100% correct.
This HUNT has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the horn has been cut besides the price.

These Rhino have been De-Horned and will not be De-Horned again. Thus will the Rhino have a horn, but not the one it was born with.
These Rhino's have to be taken out at some point and therefor we have reduced the price on them.
The hunt takes place on 20'000acres and I think that makes a huge difference.
There are several bulls on the property and the hunter can choose to shoot anyone one he/she wish to shoot.

In my honest opinion this is as much of a hunt as anywhere else in Africa- Fenced or Not

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Saeed:

Fine for plains game, but most definitely not for buffalo.[/QUOTE]

I have a challenge on the table Saeed. I'LL PAY YOUR BUFFALO ON LEADWOOD RANCE IF YOU SHOOT IT ON YOUR OWN "SELF GUIDED" IN 7 DAYS. 7 Days Accommodation and a Buffalo FREE just for you.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed:

Fine for plains game, but most definitely not for buffalo.[/QUOTE]

I have a challenge on the table Saeed. I'LL PAY YOUR BUFFALO ON LEADWOOD RANCE IF YOU SHOOT IT ON YOUR OWN "SELF GUIDED" IN 7 DAYS. 7 Days Accommodation and a Buffalo FREE just for you.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate your offer.

But I prefer to actually hunt genuinely wild buffalo.

I know, a large farm can provide a challenge.

But, mentally I am not prepared to “hunt” dangerous game on a farm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Saeed:

I have a challenge on the table Saeed. I'LL PAY YOUR BUFFALO ON LEADWOOD RANCE IF YOU SHOOT IT ON YOUR OWN "SELF GUIDED" IN 7 DAYS. 7 Days Accommodation and a Buffalo FREE just for you.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate your offer.

But, mentally I am not prepared to “hunt” dangerous game on a farm.[/QUOTE]

Give him trackers too, just like every PH has on a buffalo hunt...and I'd bet double the buffalo hunt price on Saeed!tu2

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
quote:
quote:

I am sure you did.

'Where the animal can never get away.' That is it in a nutshell !

Another silly statement...........a hunter on foot against a wild animal born and raised in a 8500 acre fenced block of bushveldt........no it may not be able to leave the block.....but it can for certain and sure get away!

This is either arrogance or ignorance speaking. Ignorance means that you just don't know........that's not a bad thing, it can be fixed. There are fenced hunts that are bad, here in the states, in Europe and in africa. But they all arent, I hate to hear these kind of statements.

There are a bunch of people that can't afford a hunt in the wilds of the selous or massai land, that can afford a damned fine hunt on a "farm", what we in Texas would call a ranch , in South Africa. But with the belittling from the, either arrogant, or ignorant make it somehow seem wrong? Damned shame and shame on you.

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Saeed:

Appreciate your offer.

Hmmmmm........ Wink

With these farm pets being so simple I would think this challenge would be taken just to prove the point.........

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Saeed:

I have a challenge on the table Saeed. I'LL PAY YOUR BUFFALO ON LEADWOOD RANCE IF YOU SHOOT IT ON YOUR OWN "SELF GUIDED" IN 7 DAYS. 7 Days Accommodation and a Buffalo FREE just for you.

Appreciate your offer.

Hmmmmm........ Wink

With these farm pets being so simple I would think this challenge would be taken just to prove the point.........

.[/QUOTE]

I never take on bets like shooting a fish in a barrel.

I have hunted farms in South Africa, and I know what that entails.

It is NOT hunting by any imagination, if you have spent most of your life hunting wild animals.

As a good friend, who is a very good professional hunter once said "hunting buffalo on a farm in South Africa is like getting married in a whorehouse. Not a church!"

He had all in fits of laughter!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed: Appreciate your offer.

[/quote]

All good Saeed
I just thought it would be fair for me to come on to AR, tail between my legs and apologize to everyone while you
laughed at me after you shot a hand raised Buffalo in the first 30min of the day. rotflmo

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

one of us
posted Hide Post
'Damned shame and shame on you.' Mighty harsh words, indeed. Don't let it get you down when I beak off about prefering to hunt in a certain way. Peace. tu2

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

All good Saeed
I just thought it would be fair for me to come on to AR, tail between my legs and apologize to everyone while you
laughed at me after you shot a hand raised Buffalo in the first 30min of the day. rotflmo[/QUOTE]

Are you employing Mark Sullivan to guide on these pet buffalo hunts?

Cal Pappas might take you on it. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

All good Saeed
laughed at me after you shot a hand raised Buffalo in the first 30min of the day. rotflmo

Are you employing Mark Sullivan to guide on these pet buffalo hunts?

Cal Pappas might take you on it. rotflmo[/QUOTE]

Hang in there Saeed. WHO should have Corona vaccine soon. Wink Wink

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Had my very own South African farm hunt last week!

In my backyard.

Shot a very nice Dama gazelle for a BBQ!

It was delicious, loved by all clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

In my backyard.

Great for you Saeed.
You have earned an award.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In my backyard.

Great for you Saeed.
You have earned an award.

That is very kind of you.

But I suggest you give your reward to an SCI INNER CIRCLES MEMBER.

I hunt because I like to hunt.

Not to impress like minded idiots in those circles!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
'Damned shame and shame on you.' Mighty harsh words, indeed. Don't let it get you down when I beak off about prefering to hunt in a certain way. Peace. tu2

No problem whatsoever with how you or anyone else prefers to hunt. But shaming others about how they hunt is shameful. Saeed is not showing any class at all in this matter.

Remember, divided we fall.......

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No problem whatsoever with how you or anyone else prefers to hunt. But shaming others about how they hunt is shameful. Saeed is not showing any class at all in this matter.

I will leave all the class to those telling lies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And what does that have to do with this thread? Why stomp all over this thread?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And what does that have to do with this thread? Why stomp all over this thread?

Anyone can hunt whatever they wish.

If anyone does not want to be questioned, don't post anything here.

Advertising a de horned rhino to be hunted for 5 days, while they know exactly where he is at any given time is a bit silly.

Just walk up to the poor sod and shoot it.

This has nothing to do with hunting, but eliminating unwanted farm animals.

I see nothing wrong with that, as long as people know what they are getting into!