New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Bargain Alaska Hunt package
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going to be as detailed as I can be in hopes we can get these spots filled.

Our Moose season opens on Sept 5 and runs through the 15th. 11 hunting days.
This includes Hunting license and Moose Tag, All guide and Trophy fee's, Meals, Lodging, and Bush Flight to and from Anchorage to our Base Lodge. Also includes Cape and Antler transfer back to Anchorage. This price is 15,000.00
The only additional cost to you is how much meat you want to take out with you, Our taxi service charges 1.00 per poound. Any meat you do not wish to take out can be donated to our crew at no cost.
To make this a true deal we are willing to make this offer.
If you pruchase this hunt we are proud to offer an additional Brown Bear hunt at no additional cost to you other than the cost of the tag.
Here is how it works.
Our Bear season opens on the 10th of Sept. Basically 5 days into the Moose season.
You purchase a Bear Tag upon arrival. If you tag out on yoru Moose before the 9th you BBhunt will commence on the 10th and will exclusively hunt for Bear.
If you are still hunting Moose on the 10th and an opportunity presents itself with a Bear YOU CAN HARVEST THE BEAR AND CONTINUE HUNTING mOOOSE.
Basically this is a 2 species opportunity hunt for the Price of one.
You can visit our website at www.nwaooutfitters.com or PM me or call me at 727-919-6005.
This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Our success rates on Moose run nearly 100% and on average are 60" bulls.
Our Bears are around 70 - 80% and run from the 8' to 9' range with a few bigger. Also have a large variety of Color phase Brown Bears.

Hope someone can take advantage of this as it is for 2009 only to fill a coule last minuts vacancies

Thank you
Doug

Doug Klunder

Posts: 163 | Location: United States | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Slasher,

I sort of think the ADFG opened up the brown bear season earlier this year. Maybe it is Sept 2nd or something like that? Could just be remembering wrong of course. If I am correct perhaps this could be to your advantage as a hunt could be for bears and moose from the first day?

Also, I notice you list your location as Alaska yet the area code you list as 727 for your phone number is not? Alaska's state wide area code is 907 last I knew.

Posts: 9022 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
also..whats a color phase brown bear?

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1395 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I can donate the meat back to you guys at NO COST? Well that sure is generous!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that in Alaska, one must "utilize" all of the meat. If meat is abandoned in the field, it is a serious violation of the law.

Flying out ALL of the meat can be a very expensive proposition. Taking some and "donating" the rest for utilization by the staff seems to be a legal and reasonable proposition... in other words, why should the staff pay for meat that you can't or don't want to pay for flying out?

And remember that airlines stick one with a huge freight of baggage fee nowdays to get the meat home.

JMHO.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7536 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that in Alaska, one must "utilize" all of the meat. If meat is abandoned in the field, it is a serious violation of the law.

Flying out ALL of the meat can be a very expensive proposition. Taking some and "donating" the rest for utilization by the staff seems to be a legal and reasonable proposition... in other words, why should the staff pay for meat that you can't or don't want to pay for flying out?

And remember that airlines stick one with a huge freight of baggage fee nowdays to get the meat home.

JMHO.

I get that, Judge, but the implication seems to be that by taking the meat the outfit is doing the hunter a big favor, which struck me as pretty silly is all. I would think it would go without saying that a 'favor' like that is expected on a big $ hunt.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Probably not the best use of words, I agree.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7536 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:

JMHO.

I get that, Judge, but the implication seems to be that by taking the meat the outfit is doing the hunter a big favor, which struck me as pretty silly is all. I would think it would go without saying that a 'favor' like that is expected on a big $ hunt.

Well since wanton waste of meat is a serious offense up here I would say they are doing you a favor in finding a use for the meat if you can't use it all and saving you the hassle/money of flying it all out to be donated.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well since wanton waste of meat is a serious offense up here I would say they are doing you a favor in finding a use for the meat if you can't use it all and saving you the hassle/money of flying it all out to be donated.

Brett

I guess we look at things a bit differently. A thousand odd pounds of good, free meat gifted to an outfit seems like a good thing, not something to tout as a 'favor'. And for tough meat from a stinky, rutting bull, I suppose you want me to believe it gets dutifully eaten by staff too, I suppose. Yeah, okey dokey artichokey. Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kamo
I guess you have never had the opportunity to take on one of these Alaska adventures. It baffels me why people have to find fault with items they have no clue about.When you become the hunter client you must follow the guidelines of the state and the outfitter. It is alwqys the reponsiblity of the hunter once he pulls the trigger to follow up and complete the required game laws.In Alaska meat transportation happens to be one of those reponsiblities. All my hunts I had to pay to get my meat out even if it was donated. If you ever do it and worry about get a reciept and use it as a donation tax deduction.
So this outfit will take the meat out no charge great for him, dont run him down.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok let me try and clarify these questions.

Scott, The number I listed is my Cel phone. I travel all over the U.S. and my cel phone is a company phone. Our number is listed on the Website.
I will look into the Opener date. Sure would be nice and give us a jump on them Brownies. Thanks and I will be following up on it with AFG tomorrow.

KAMO GARI,
Our moose here are not like little Moose in the N.E. or the West. So let me clarify for you.
It is the responsibility of US the outfitter to ensure your meat is completly harvested from the kill site Bone in. At Base camp we then are allowed by Alaska law to debone, package, Box, and freeze on site and arrange transfer with our charter service to deliver back in Anchorage for you to pick up and do what you. That cost to you is 1.00 per pound.
Be aware that an Alaska Moose will yield on average about 11 box's of meat at 55-65lbs per box. Doing the math is approx 650.00 to Anchorage. From there to your home will be even more than that. That is why it is standard practice to fill out the Meat transfer form provided to us by the AF & G. You can take as much or as little as you like and the folks in camp will take good care of the rest. That is also why most if not all of our clients take about 100lbs of it for themselves.
We never leave any meat for wanton waste, or any other reason it is our reputation not the client. We have a superior rep with the AF & G and plan to never tarnish it.

Fortyone Six,
We have alot of different colors literally, From Dark Brown, to a lighter cinnamon to some spectacular Blonde colored Bears with really dark forearms. This is just a trait we have in our area and are grateful to have it.

Also guys the meat you donate to the camp is not your responsibility to pay for. Only the meat you take with you is you responsibility to pay for. It use to be in the past but as of the last few years with all the donations from clients we have implemented this system. Did not feel it was fair to the client.

Thanks and I hope to get some interest and get these filled.
These hunts seperate would cost about 25 - 27k AND THAT WOULD STILL BE A GOOD PRICE AS ALASKA GOES.

Doug Klunder

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

You are correct.

BB Season opens Sept 1 2009.

To all prospective that means you are hunting Conbination from Sept 5 -15 all 11 days will be a combination hunt for the 15K SPECIFIED ABOVE.

Doug Klunder

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ps. We can schedule you earlier than Sept 5 if you would like and extra day or 2 included for Bear only.

It only gets better

Doug Klunder

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Folks, I looked up the regs while in the store today. Brown bear season starts in unit 17 September 1st. Anyone hunting with Slasher or anyone/ anywhere else in Unit 17 will be able to take advantage.

Well, yeah, you gotta have the tag first Big Grin

There is a noticable difference in coloration of bears around here. I saw a small one this morning that had a "I been eating rotten king salmon," hue to him.

Posts: 9022 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
Kamo
I guess you have never had the opportunity to take on one of these Alaska adventures. It baffels me why people have to find fault with items they have no clue about.When you become the hunter client you must follow the guidelines of the state and the outfitter. It is alwqys the reponsiblity of the hunter once he pulls the trigger to follow up and complete the required game laws.In Alaska meat transportation happens to be one of those reponsiblities. All my hunts I had to pay to get my meat out even if it was donated. If you ever do it and worry about get a reciept and use it as a donation tax deduction.
So this outfit will take the meat out no charge great for him, dont run him down.
Larry

First, you guessed wrong; I've hunted and fished AK. Second, it's not about finding fault, or running anyone down. I guess I just find it equally amusing and annoying reading a lot of the outfitters' shtick here. This is not to suggest that the lot of them come off as semi-slimy. Only some (and I do not think that the OP is one, for the record) do Wink.

The high and mighty booshat about the hunter's duty blah blah blah is what gets tired. Let's face it: the meat aspect is hardly the primary concern of the outfit. Selling the hunt while keeping it legal is. I don't have the least bit of an issue with the outfit mentioning that the meat can be 'donated', but let's try and keep it real, shall we? The reason it was mentioned at all was to let the potential buyer know that money could be saved by not having to haul back all the meat.

Stop taking yourself so seriously fer Kreissakes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott King
Do you know Wild Rick S.
Just was up there a few weeks ago with him and Chris Carr at Portage Creek

larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
some people have the innate ability, with practice; to be able to turn tacky into an art form. Just buy a moose tag and drive up the AlCan Highway. You can probably shoot 8-12 and the gutpile will get your griz or brown bear.
Problem solved.
Better yet, for $15K go elephant and buffalo hunting in Zimbabwe where the meat is not an issue.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i gotnews for you Kamo Gari.

Once the trigger is pulled. The meat is and alwayd will be for this outfit THE PRIMARY CONCERN !!!!1
Alaska Law states that all meat MUST be removed from the Kill site before Cpae and Antlers are removed.
We leave nothing that is edible. Nothing.
Moose meat is awesome and when handled in the proper manner is the Best meat anywhere in the world.
To the hunter the most inportant part may be the trophy But to us it is everything else. That is why the laws are in place to be followed.
Hope you understand.

Also I am a little perplexed on this site. There are a select few always ready to find a fault in a post. Not sure if they have noting better to do but seems like when a hunt like this is offered with every detail posted they want to start o roos about it or bash the person or ouotfit that posted it.

We pride ouselves on being a 1st class, reputable outfitter with an outstanding reputation for detail and Hunting success. Just ask me and I can provide a reference list that goes back more than 20 years.

Doug Klunder

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho,

15k for elphant or Capr Buff ? That sounds great. Question is that for both or just one ?
How many days ? How much is airfare from the states to Africa ? Any other extra costs ?

Please be detailed about your hunt price and all costs. So really 15k is +++++++

Doug Klunder

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marabou Slasher:

Once the trigger is pulled. The meat is and alwayd will be for this outfit THE PRIMARY CONCERN !!!!1

Riiiiight.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the insight on moose meat quality. I think I'll pull out of the freezer the last of the moose sausage I had some of mine made into, and snack on it in your honor. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please do. Hope you enjoy it.

Never worry as I too shall eat like a king.

Hunt still stands in it's offered form. This infighting is nothing short of ridiculus and some people may actually have an interest.

For the other few or maybe 1 the Riiiight comment from your post is exactly why we abide by the law and the fines and laws are for people with that attitude.

Thanks

Doug Klunder

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
This infighting is nothing short of ridiculus

+1

Roll Eyes

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please do. Hope you enjoy it.

Never worry as I too shall eat like a king.

Thanks

I did, thanks. Actually, found a packet with some nice little cuts in the bottom of the package. It was wonderful, despite it being almost 3 years old. (!)

Good luck selling your hunt. It sounds like it could be a great time. And for the record, were I to have gone, I'd have spent the money to get at least half of the meat home. No way I'd go all the way out there only to leave all of that wonderful stuff out there with you! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We would have taken greeat care of it in the field and you could have taken as much as you wanted.
Wish you could have went as well as I think you would have been on a great hunt.

No hard feelins just trying to give people the option to save some $$$

Doug Klunder

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
We would have taken greeat care of it in the field and you could have taken as much as you wanted.
Wish you could have went as well as I think you would have been on a great hunt.

No hard feelins just trying to give people the option to save some $$$

None here, either. I'm sure you'll show your sport an excellent hunt. Post pics. Wink

One of Us
Picture of MotorCity
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great opportunity on a great hunt.
If I wasn't already booked for moose this year, I would be calling you.

Posts: 239 | Location: Rochester, Michigan | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish you could.
We have made another decision to sweeten the deal.
Because of the info from Scott and a double chek with AFG we are adding additional days.

Sept 1 -4 sept 4 will be an additional 4 days of huunting for Bear and the rest of the season the 5th through the 15th will be a combo moose bear for the original price above + 500.00 for the Bear tag.

That is 15,500.00 for 15 days 4 days of exclusivly Bear and then into the Combo hunt for the next 11.

Hope with this new info I can get these filled.

Doug Klunder

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Fellas,
I dunno Slasher or his outfit. Never met 'em, possibly never will. I have nothing to gain from anything they do.

Having said that, I can say because I am familiar woth the territory that the opportunity for a bear and a bull is very good. As he has mentioned before bull moose can reasonably be expected to be less than 65". Some bigger, some not. A good Unit 17 bear is going to be more or less 9' square. If you look at the B&C book you'll see few bears from Unit 17 that exceed 28" but we do have many taken every year in the 25-27" range.

The game is outstanding, the country magnificent, the weather really shitty or very good.

If pressed I would admit that I do stand to profit from Slashers bear hunt since that means one less bear eating my moose!

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Fellas,
I dunno Slasher or his outfit. Never met 'em, possibly never will. I have nothing to gain from anything they do.

Having said that, I can say because I am familiar woth the territory that the opportunity for a bear and a bull is very good. As he has mentioned before bull moose can reasonably be expected to be less than 65".

If pressed I would admit that I do stand to profit from Slashers bear hunt since that means one less bear eating my moose!

There ya' go with the sneaky sales pitch again: "...reasonably expected to be less
than 65""?!?

Well, OK, but 0-24" falls into your category. Not exactly a confidence builder, that! Wink

Kidding man, just kidding. Smiler I wish I could pull the trigger on the hunt.

KG

P.S. Gato, take your blood pressure meds before responding, please. Wouldn't want you to blow a gasket or anything...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good bear and good moose for $15k? The moose hunts i've seen are 11-18k and then the bear are 9-10k
I already drew a tag for elk that week or I would be thinking about. will there be any 2010 specials? i would need to start saving now.

Posts: 33 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2010 is siold out right now. But due to the new regs for Bear discussed above We are looking at addding 2 hunts for 15 days.
Please PM me or e-mail me your innformation or just fil out our contact us form on our website@ www.nwaoutfitters.com and I will put you on a cancellation list and also once we put these 2 extra hunts together I will e-mail you the information.

To all thanks for your comments but I recieved a call last night and I have a verbal commitment for the openings. They are supposed to get back to me today or tomorrow with a deposit but if they do not I will let all know if they fall through.

Thanks again

Doug Klunder

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK,
Did not hear from the guys yesterday as planned. He asked me to hold the spots and I told him I would through Thursday.
Openings are again available for price and date listed above.

Thanks

Doug Klunder

one of us
posted Hide Post
A very good deal on what should be a great hunt. I'm surprised nobody has jumped on this offer. I don't know Marabou Slasher either, but would serioulsy consider this offer if I wasn't already booked for moose this year.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Hunted 3 guys from Orem Utah last year

They came on an 11 day hunt but only 2 showed up for 6 of the 11 dayS AND ONE FOR 4 of the 11 days.
2 of 3 killed one 67 and one 61. They are rebooked for 2010. If you would like their numbers for references it owuld be a local call for you. They are affiliated with Sportear in Orem.
visit our website www.nwaoutfitters.com and read the entire Moose report from last year.

Thanks

Doug Klunder

posted Hide Post
I was wondering if you were able to sell this hunt. Seems like great deal to me & if I wasn't already booked for Africa next spring I would have jumped all over this.

Would the license cost be the same if a Canaidian booked this hunt. The only reason I ask is because here in Alberta there are different license fees for non resident canadians & non resident aliens.

Anyway I hope you were able to sell them. Happy hunting.

Posts: 16 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 07 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did sell the hunt. To a gentleman from the UK and his son. There WAS a difference of approx 400 uSD for a non resident Alien INCLUDING ALL TAGS that were listed.
Should be a great hunt and season. Getting some good reports from the guys in camp especially alot of Good Bears on the river.

I have posted 1 remaining BB Hunt I have left for 2009. Another great deal.
If you are interested for 2010 please PM me for details and prices as with the reg changes listed above throughout the post I can give you a great deal for 2010 on the Combination Hunt.

Thanks

Doug Klunder