Find
Notify
Tools

21-day hunt severe discount!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
This may be one of the best offers for a 21-day hunt I have seen in a long time.

I have a 21 day hunt for Elephant, Leopard, Lion and 3 Buffalo in Selous Reserve withLuke Samaras. This hunt has be severely reduced due to a cancellation.

Dates September 4-24, 2009

Normal Cost $60,400
Discounted Cost $25,000

This includes
Daily rate for a 21-day hunt
Charter to camp and return
All government fees
Safari License
Gun import for 2 rifles

Does not include
Airfare to Tanzania
Hotel accommodations before or after the hunt
Trophy Fees
Alcohol
Trophy Shipping
Gratuities

Baboon 170
Buffalo 1st 2400
Buffalo 2nd 2500
Buffalo 3rd 2700
Bushbuck 700
Bushpig 500
Civet Cat 300
Crocodile 2100
Duiker, Common & Red 350
Eland, East African 2200
Elephant under 60 lbs 8500
Elephant 60 to 80 lbs 13,500
Elephant over 80 lbs 22,000
Hartebeest 750
Hippopotamus 2000
Hyena, Spotted 600
Impala 490
Kudu Greater 2700
Leopard 4000
Lion 5500
Oribi 200
Reedbuck 550
Sable 3100
Suni 300
Warthog 550
Waterbuck 1200
Wildebeest 750
Zebra 1500

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Damn! I have already committed myself to another hunt at the same time. That, without a doubt, is a deal of a lifetime.

I think I may cry.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7536 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
After reading that, I feel like a girl just broke my heart. I hate it when the price is right but the time is all wrong. Frowner

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
After reading that, I feel like a girl just broke my heart. I hate it when the price is right but the time is all wrong. Frowner

+++++++1

Ele under 60 lbs, lion, leopard and 3 buff in Tanzania for around $52,000!

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 404WJJeffery:
quote:

+++++++1

Ele under 60 lbs, lion, leopard and 3 buff in Tanzania for around $52,000!

CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY

How could something sooooo good have timing soooo bad!!!!!!!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Won't last long...somebody better fall on it!

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent I would like to discuss this with you.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
How many hunters is this for?

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
This is for one hunter.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
The worst part of all this is that I can see the future. I see myself, 40 years from now, telling some young, big-eyed, slack-jawed hunters about the time that I could have hunted the big four in Tanzania with Luke Samaras safaris for 21 days for 25 grand but I let it go. Damn I hate not buying this hunt.

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
Picture of Bill 5248
posted Hide Post
Wendel, I have a PM for you.

That which is not impossible is compulsory

Posts: 161 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
The worst part of all this is that I can see the future ...

You know the worst part is saying, I could have bought that Big 4 hunt the year before they outlawed Lion hunting....

I hope I am wrong.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I sure hope that you're wrong too. Four trials in September is the only reason that I've not already wired the $. I used my favors to clear my June and Oct. schedules for Zim and Canada. Otherwise, I'd be there.

Will J. Parks, III

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Yes, I hope I am wrong too.

If we go by my record of being wrong/right with my wife, then Lion hunting is in no danger because I am clearly wrong most of the time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell, this is unbelievable, one year ago I spent 21 days in the Selous with another outfitter ....where were you then? How can a person get all the permits thru Amsterdam etc on such short notice...how is it possible to do the same thru RSA on such short notice. Do you have a secret I don't know? I would love to take advantage of this opportunity but timing is not too good. YOur prediction on Lion in the future?

Posts: 98 | Location: NW Missouri | Registered: 26 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
RW Taylor,

Sorry! I can not controll when the cancellations come, only the migration patterns, tide and moon phases (and shipping issues of course) are under my control.

Getting the Amsterdam permit is not difficult at a late date. Mr. Trumph in Amsterdam is a very helpful individual. If you need one to be approved quickly, you can call and ask him after you fax the request. I have never had any trouble contacting him or getting an approval.

As for Lion, it is anybodys guess. There are rumblings about the Lion being uplisted. How much of it is hype and how much real convincing evidence that will be presented at CITES next March remains to be seen.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
seems like only yesterday we were being urged to " book NOW for best availability of dates, outfitters, permits, etc." i guess "the times they are achanging". i will already be in Moz at this time ( on another cancellation hunt at a big price reduction) or this would be sold. moral of this story- PATIENCE when booking a hunt- good things often come to he who waits.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
So true. And I wish that I wasn't paying for my last 3 Safari trophies and their shipments this year or I might be contacting Wendell!! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like THE DEAL of the Year.IMO

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I am trying to build up the courage to cancel my hunt with Buzz in October and book this one instead. In case Buzz asks anyone, yes, MJines was nominated by Obama to be the Cash-for-Clunkers Czar and had to be in Washington in October for a beer bust at the White House for the automobile manufacturers.

Mike

Posts: 21092 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
yuck

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I can put your mind at ease, it is no longer available.

This must be a sign of the times, it took until 8:30 pm for this to sell. I didn't expect that it would be around for 12 whole hours.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This must be a sign of the times, it took until 8:30 pm for this to sell. I didn't expect that it would be around for 12 whole hours.

Anyway it is a once in a liftime deal...

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Wendell, I must say, you and your operators don't screw around!

Please if you would, let us know how this hunt turns out. Just to make us all feel real bad for not jumping on it! Big Grin

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Well, Bill, I don't like to rub it in ... but since you asked!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please if you would, let us know how this hunt turns out. Just to make us all feel real bad for not jumping on it!

Good idea Bill

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am trying to build up the courage to cancel my hunt with Buzz in October and book this one instead. In case Buzz asks anyone, yes, MJines was nominated by Obama to be the Cash-for-Clunkers Czar and had to be in Washington in October for a beer bust at the White House for the automobile manufacturers.

Mike

Hey Mike, I hope it wasn't Buzz that bought the hunt for himself !!
Still, you should know Makuti well enough by now to be able to find your own way around. Smiler

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll post some pics for you guys when I get back! dancing

Hey Will, did you get my email with the picture's with Thierry?

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Dick, I was second in line behind you. I wanted to slip my Dec hunt with Luke to 2010 before I committed, and Wendell didn't get word until you said you wanted it.

Lucky you. To top it off, I see my leopard hunt in Namibia won't happen either.

To all those who said "Borrow whatever you have to to hunt, etc." all I can say is that if you have a pile of cash right now there is a firesale on everything from stocks to real estate to hunts.

Not having cash on hand to buy a hunt or anything else is like saying "There will never be a better deal to come along." Not true.

Best of luck to you. I am envious.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I were single, didn't have a mortgage with ten years to go and two kids who hope to go to college in a few years...

Nuts.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Sdirks, your priorities are in the right place.

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations notlim. I look forward to your hunt report. I think you have booked one of the world's finest hunts.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is good to see one of the fellow hunters of this forum took advantage of the offer. To tell you the truth, I thought this was not a real offer and just something that Mr Reich will say is already sold, as fast as you try to contract it.
Maybe I was just unlucky with previous offers of Mr Reich, but that was my feelings.
Now I´m really happy for you notlim, hope you will enjoy it a lot, and we can envy you even more when you post your final report over here :-)
Have a great time and a dream come true hunt.

Best regards.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Spanishhunter:

Wendell is the real deal. I don't think anyone would last long offering these deals if they weren't real. What would be the point?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spanishhunter,
Contact Mark Young or Adam Clements on this forum. They have offered some similar deals.

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I don't think anyone would last long offering these deals if they weren't real. What would be the point?

Spanishhunter and I got signals crossed on a post I made in April.

Here is the post

I posted on the 10th a discounted Brown Bear. The hunt sold, and Spanishhunter posted on the 20th.

I didn't check the forum for a few days because it had sold. I forgot to check the "Notify" button and did not know anyone had posted.

Then I get another date open on the same hunt, so I go back and post again, then see Spanishhunters post and apologize for missing it.

It was a mistake, I would have loved to have sold him the hunt, that is how I pay my bills.

I do not doubt that he sent a PM, but I can not find it, nor do I remember getting one.

I apollogized to him via PM for not checking the forum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Mr Reich.
I will post the PM I sent to you the day after posting my interest and also your answer to it, just to try to clarify things as much as possible.
Anyway, what happen happen and is already past, I have no special interest on arguing about it.
Here is my pm and your answer.

Posted 21 April 2009 11:27
hello Wendell.
I have post a message stating my interest on the bear hunt, I think you did not have the chance to read it, so just want to confirm my interest on the hunt. Please, give me further info.

Best regards

Registered: 10 October 2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Private Message
Wendell Reich

Posted 21 April 2009 16:52 Hide Post
spanishhunter,

sorry, I did not see the post.

I think the hunts are all sold. I tried to call yesterday to confirm, but I did not get an answer.

I will be back to you soon.

Wendell Reich

You never got back to me, and later on, you post that the hunt was still available with a little change in the dates, but was already imposible then for me to adapt my agenda in such a short notice. I think is easy to understand my reaction and all what was posted on the post you refer.
By the way, I beg your pardon, I know is not proper to post a PM, but is the second time you say you did not remenber about my pm.
I understand everything was just mistake and/or bad luck and also want to apollogize to you if I have cause any hurt.

Best regards.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by notlim:
I'll post some pics for you guys when I get back! dancing

Hey Will, did you get my email with the picture's with Thierry?

I got them. Looks like I will get some more around October 1. Congrats!

Will J. Parks, III

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Apparently I did get get a PM from you. I am sorry, I did not remember it. I do not usually delete PM's, but this one is gone for some reason.

quote:
Originally posted by spanishhunter:
You never got back to me, and later on, you post that the hunt was still available with a little change in the dates

I see now what the problem is. Now I understand why you were upset. There has been a miscommunication. Let me explain.

By the time you posted, it was sold. That was the only one available at the time.

On May 3 the operator calls me and tells me the hunt date just before it opened up. This is a different hunt, in a different date.

So, on May 3rd I post the new date and crossed out the old date.

So between April 20 and May 3, when you first contacted me, there was not a hunt available.

I should have replied to you again and confirmed that the first hunt was indeed sold. I got busy and completely forgot about it. For that I am sorry.

I see now that you were upset because you thought the hunt was available at the time you contacted me. But it was not.

When I send out a discount hunt notice I get tons of replies, I can not remember how many I got on this. After a while they all run together and you can't remember who you emailed.

Once again, I am sorry for the miscommunication. I thought you understood the situation that the first hunt had sold.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, Wendell ... you should get yourself a flak jacket to wear if you don't already have one. Roll Eyes How did the gentlemen (man) do on those discounted brown bear hunts ??? Confused Smiler

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote