New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Sullivan Buffalo Hunt South Africa 2017
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really, Saeed. Once you meet Mark, you'll have different opinion of him. He's a perfect gentleman, well spoken, well behaved. I believe the antics in his videos are just that. They are antics to sell videos. One hell of a nice guy.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1093 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well said tu2

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Saeed - In all honesty, you really should give Mark a chance or just let it go man. Choosing to have a different style than you and the PH's you hunt with, certainly does not make the man any less of a hunter or sportsman than yourself or others.

We all know Mark does it differently than most, so why do we keep beating this dead horse for crying out loud???? How about we all focus this effort on helping to find the lost PH (who in my opinion if the story is exactly as has been reported - was taken by a croc) or devote this time/effort to some productive form of wildlife conservation? Cause this MS crap is just beyond silly!

Mark is a friend, an exceptionally nice and personable guy. Would I do it like him, NO! But good heavens, he's not frying babies at the stake - so can we just get over it already? Let him do it his way, you do it yours, and lets all try to remember that we are on the same team here. All of us (me included) are guilty of losing sight of that - and its doing our cause nothing but harm.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66721 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
To settle a friendly bet between a few AR members, could you put the following in order, numbered 1-5 with 1 being the most hated, and on:

Who do you hate the most:
Lawyers
Mark Sullivan
Donald Trump
Bankers
The United States of America

We all have our guesses, based on your posts herein but it would be appreciated if you could settle this, please.
Cheers,
Cal

PS. My guess, based on posts only are:
1. Mark Sullivan
2. USA
3. President Trump
4&5 tie between lawyers and bankers (I think lawyers top bankers a bit)

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Saeed:
To settle a friedly bet between a few AR members, could you put the following in order, numbered 1-5 with 1 being the most hated, and on:

Who do you hate the most:
Lawyers
Mark Sullivan
Donald Trump
Bankers
The United States of America

We all have our guesses, based on your posts herein but it would be appreciated if you could settle this, please.
Cheers,
Cal

PS. My guess, based on posts only are:
1. Mark Sullivan
2. USA
3. President Trump
4&5 tie between lawyers and bankers (I think lawyers top bankers a bit)

You forgot any airline other than Emirates.

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
I have distributed by email the discounted pricing requests/inquiries made by those of you on AR that wanted additional information for Cape buffalo hunts with Mark that are booked by two hunters (or more) at the same time for the five remaining 2017 Cape buffalo hunts. I have also emailed the additional hunting day costs and other specialty hunt costs for those that have inquired.

For those of you that have expressed a desire to book for 2018 RSA Cape buffalo hunts with Mark I am told those discounts will apply if you decide to book/reserve those hunts now as well.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cal,

I will make it very simple for you.

I have an utter dislike to any bullshit artist.

That includes, lawyers, politicians, so called professional hunters, and safari outfitters selling ear tagged pet cattle hunts disguised as proper buffalo hunts.

And what makes all this even worse is the fact that no one seems wants to tell us why the LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN has gravitated to being a tag along tea boy to a South African professional hunter guiding him and his clueless clients to kill a buffalo raised as a pet on a farm.

Is his job to remove the ear tag after it has been killed by the client in this case?

As I would assume a farm bred pet would just walk towards a human being expecting to get a treat as the LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN walks up to it after it has been purposely wounded and our LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN demands how he would like to die.

And would someone please enlighten us to what JOB Mark being doing on this pet hunt?

We have been told that he is no longer going to be THE LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN.

Is he going to add to his titles now?

May be he is going to be THE LEGENDARY BAR MAN to serve drinks to the FAME WORSHIPING CLIENT AND his PROFESSIONAL HUNTER?

Bloody hell!

This terribly sad episode seems to get worse and worse!

I love this comedy show rotflmo

Keep it up.

Posts: 66721 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love this comedy show

Thanks for your reply, Saeed. You must really love the show as you're the nubmer one poster on the subject of MS. I know the things you don't like. I just asked you to put them in order to settle a small bet among friends.
Cheers, mate.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Painful to watch Saeed continue to self-destruct in the eyes of the international hunting community not to mention his continued display of disdain for RSA hunting. It is certainly his right to do so but frankly I feel sorry for him. Anyway, these hunts with Mark Sullivan in RSA and interest in more of them in the future continues to grow.

Those are some goofy looking buffalo of yours that you posted Saeed, and of course are unlike what will be found on these hunts with Mark in RSA.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
Painful to watch Saeed continue to self-destruct in the eyes of the international hunting community not to mention his continued display of disdain for RSA hunting. It is certainly his right to do so but frankly I feel sorry for him. Anyway, these hunts with Mark Sullivan in RSA and interest in more of them in the future continues to grow.

Those are some goofy looking buffalo of yours that you posted Saeed, and of course are unlike what will be found on these hunts with Mark in RSA.

You mean it is painful seeing the fakes being exposed for what they really are?

I bet it is rotflmo

Don't expect me to keep quiet when you post stupidly silly so called "hunts" on AR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the contrary, I have learned as many around the world have, that they can count on your “stupid silly” reactions to anything that is related to Mark Sullivan.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the contrary, I have learned as many around the world have, that they can count on your “stupid silly” reactions to anything that is related to Mark Sullivan.

+1 What a dick weed! His Royal ass ego is way too big.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1695 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
An interesting study would be to add up all of the posts Saeed makes about the anti hunters, PHs who have died whilst hunting, anti hunting laws, airlines that won't transport game trophies, countires that close or limit hunting, etc. Add then all up and compare that total to the anti-Mark Sullivan posts he makes. To me, it is a bit out of balance.

A case in point. Saeed made a couple of quick posts on the sad and tragic situation where the PH was killed by crocs. Yet his posts pale when someone mentions Mark and he goes on the attack with the furor of a jihadist. I think Saeed could do much good if he put his efforts and engergies toward the enemies of the activity we all (including Mark) love.

I will google some psychology websites to try to understand his unending hatred of the man and the reason(s) for such behavior. Perhaps medications will hel. Self esteem help groups, maybe.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yes Cal.

Self esteem does not exists in people who pay a self glorifying idiot to shoot their buffalo!

I also wonder what self esteem an idiot has to pay THE LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN to be a tag along tea boy on a hunt conducted by another professional hunter.

How about an agent who tries to sell a hunt for an ear tagged pet as a proper buffalo hunt?

Do you honestly think any of the above know the meaning of self esteem?? rotflmo

Keep on dreaming!

The mind boggles this sort of rubbish coming from a teacher!

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
An interesting study would be to add up all of the posts Saeed makes about the anti hunters, PHs who have died whilst hunting, anti hunting laws, airlines that won't transport game trophies, countires that close or limit hunting, etc. Add then all up and compare that total to the anti-Mark Sullivan posts he makes. To me, it is a bit out of balance.

A case in point. Saeed made a couple of quick posts on the sad and tragic situation where the PH was killed by crocs. Yet his posts pale when someone mentions Mark and he goes on the attack with the furor of a jihadist. I think Saeed could do much good if he put his efforts and engergies toward the enemies of the activity we all (including Mark) love.

I will google some psychology websites to try to understand his unending hatred of the man and the reason(s) for such behavior. Perhaps medications will hel. Self esteem help groups, maybe.
Cal

Cal,Shawn,
In all honesty you have accused Saeed of all kinds of disfunction,there is a thread on Nitro Express .com as well where people express their displeasure of Mark,lots of people feel that what Mark does is just not their view on hunting,you are a guest on this website like the rest of us,& you two are very vocal about things,very insulting if I may say so,my hat is off to Saeed who is taking everything that you are throwing at him & still letting this go on,even to the point that he allows this hunt offer to be announced on his site,I think he is a better man than most of us,I am not trying to offend as you Cal have been kind to me in the past,just an observation.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed, my friend:
It is only Mark that riles you. Many others sell high fence hunts on AR with nary a word from you. Rhino hunts and guaranteed lions. Pre measured trophies. It is quite common. Maybe I have missed it but I don't recall you speaking out as strongly on those hunts as the subject of MS. Agents stretch the truth to sell and you give them a pass. You have never called out Ivan for standing in front of an elephant waving his rifle nor John Sharp flexing his shirtless muscles to gain attention. You insult the USA for our stance on North Korea stating they make noise but never harmed anyone yet you ban ISS and Zombiekiller for for making noise but they never hurt anyone.
It is your world on AR and you make the rules, but I think you are doing yourself a disservice by selectively going after a few, mostly MS, and letting others pass. It seems from your posts that MS is more worthy of your time in posting than the tragic situation of the hunter killed by crocs. I don't understand this. In a couple of weeks I will be in contact with a college professor of psychology and I will show him your posts and ask him what posesses a man to attack so often with such vile contempt a man whom he has never met or conversed with. I could understand it more if you and Mark were having a war of words on AR but the man has never replied to you or said a negative word directed to you.
If you are angry that Mark is hunting a bit in SA is it safe to assume you hold all SA PHs and those who hunt in SA with the same contempt?
It will also be interesting to see your attacks on me if and when I hunt with Mark.
This teacher is just trying to figrue out where your anger comes from. I believe all of us hunters should stick together in a world that is by far against us--no matter our philosophies or disagreements. After all, you, Mark, Shawn, and I all have the same interest. I may disagree with you in your MS posts, but there is absolutely no question whose side I would take should you get into a pissing contest with a member of PITA. We are all in this together and the future does not look promising.
Cheers,
Cal
PS. Bill, your words are well taken. (Your post popped up when I was writing mine). Cheers.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, my friend:
It is only Mark that riles you. Many others sell high fence hunts on AR with nary a word from you. Rhino hunts and guaranteed lions. Pre measured trophies. It is quite common. Maybe I have missed it but I don't recall you speaking out as strongly on those hunts as the subject of MS. Agents stretch the truth to sell and you give them a pass. You have never called out Ivan for standing in front of an elephant waving his rifle nor John Sharp flexing his shirtless muscles to gain attention. You insult the USA for our stance on North Korea stating they make noise but never harmed anyone yet you ban ISS and Zombiekiller for for making noise but they never hurt anyone.
It is your world on AR and you make the rules, but I think you are doing yourself a disservice by selectively going after a few, mostly MS, and letting others pass. It seems from your posts that MS is more worthy of your time in posting than the tragic situation of the hunter killed by crocs. I don't understand this. In a couple of weeks I will be in contact with a college professor of psychology and I will show him your posts and ask him what posesses a man to attack so often with such vile contempt a man whom he has never met or conversed with. I could understand it more if you and Mark were having a war of words on AR but the man has never replied to you or said a negative word directed to you.
If you are angry that Mark is hunting a bit in SA is it safe to assume you hold all SA PHs and those who hunt in SA with the same contempt?
It will also be interesting to see your attacks on me if and when I hunt with Mark.
This teacher is just trying to figrue out where your anger comes from. I believe all of us hunters should stick together in a world that is by far against us--no matter our philosophies or disagreements. After all, you, Mark, Shawn, and I all have the same interest. I may disagree with you in your MS posts, but there is absolutely no question whose side I would take should you get into a pissing contest with a member of PITA. We are all in this together and the future does not look promising.
Cheers,
Cal
PS. Bill, your words are well taken. (Your post popped up when I was writing mine). Cheers.

Cal,

Please show me when anyone has posted a hunt offer with a tag along individual, rather than the actual professional hunter who is going to conduct the hunt.

When did Shawn mention the name of the professional hunter who is going to have his name on the hunting permit?

In which case, what purpose would the presence of THE LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN serve?

Any outfitter who posted any questionable hunt here has been taken to task about it.

This one, though, really takes the cake.

It is NOT a buffalo hunt by any stretch of the imagination. It is FARM BRED, EAR TAGGED, pet hunt.

THE LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN is most certainly NOT the one conducting the hunt, so why was it advertised as such?

And I keep asking, but no one seems wants to answer me from your side, why has he gravitated to such silly antics now?

There are a lot of rumors coming from Tanzania that not many concession owners are willing to allow him to hunt there.

We don't need an answer.

Him going to South African farms to ply his silly trade is answer enough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The RSA PH information is in the hunt offer for those that would read it. I am not marketing that PH and that is why he is mentioned by license number and not by name.

Mark has hunted in many places with clients including to name just a few; Tanzania, Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S., and now RSA. He continues to hunt Tanzania this year as well.

The rumors that you speak of coming from Tanzania that not many concession owners are willing to allow Mark Sullivan to hunt there are unfounded rumors. I often receive communications from operators. Most recently in February a Tanzania operator soliciting Mark’s services and of course to bring along his client base.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The RSA PH information is in the hunt offer for those that would read it. I am not marketing that PH and that is why he is mentioned by license number and not by name.

Mark has hunted in many places with clients including to name just a few; Tanzania, Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S., and now RSA. He continues to hunt Tanzania this year as well.

The rumors that you speak of coming from Tanzania that not many concession owners are willing to allow Mark Sullivan to hunt there are unfounded rumors. I often receive communications from operators. Most recently in February a Tanzania operator soliciting Mark’s services and of course to bring along his client base.

A load of bloody bullshit, as usual.

How about you offering a hunt with Karamoja Bill now too.

You might offer some photographs of his around the camp, to satisfy your convoluted, fake offers that never stand a bloody chance on AR?

Your hero tagging along as a wanna be LOOK AT ME I AM A LEGENDARY
PROFESSIONAL HUNTER is so silly it defies comprehension.

You will make a great second hand car salesman!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shawn,

I can assure you that Saeed will not loose any credibility with his posts on Mark and I find your comments somewhat disdainful. Saeed has been kind enough to offer the likes of us free advertising and marketing opportunities on what has proved to be the most gritty hunting sites on the internet. He asks for very little but clarity and honesty is mandatory for those that choose to post here. It is fairly obvious that Saeed vehemently opposes those who seek celebrity status in hunting and it is simply not his style. If you keep challenging him then expect such retaliation.

You have to admit that your original post gave the impression that your hunters will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Mark who if famous or infamous for dumping Black Death at his feet. Then you failed to mention that Mark would not conduct the hunt and refuse to name the PH or establish the fact that Mark is simply acting as an observer. And to cap it all you post a picture of a tagged bull and I am not entirely convinced that you were aware of this?

False news?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9844 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Will this post get to the ISS pages?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And to cap it all you post a picture of a tagged bull and I am not entirely convinced that you were aware of this?

There are actually 2 buff with ear tags, the 1st, tag of which is as shiny as a freshly minted coin and 2nd, whose tag if you look closely, is caked in mud.

I may be wrong but the dead ones seem to have a very TZ look about them. Big Grin

Posts: 1864 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

So Cal,in your words to me previously,it is only a bit of fun.
So you condone shooting ear tagged animals and call it a hunt? as you have booked up for next year.
I see Shaun managed to get the post back to the top..again. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Hi John:
While I would like to hunt wiht Mark, I have not booked anything for 2018 yet. I want to see how this year's elephant hunt goes.
No, I do not ocndone shooting tagged buff. With that, I will tell a short story.

In 2013 I booked a SA hunt for two buffalo with a PH who posts here often. He bought the buffalo and resold them to make his profit. When we arrived at the ranch, many buff were ear tagged and we were told not to shoot them. The PH didn't know this when he bought the rights to hunt and we, along with a gent with a video camera, departed that day and didn't shoot a thing. We went on to hunt elsewhere.
This is getting lots of attention here as it is Saeed vs. Mark but I think it is probably a very common situation in SA. I have posted here in the past years why is it taboo to shoot a lion in SA when it seems acceptable to shoot plains game in SA on the same ranch?
I believe the photo of the ear tag in the original post were given to Mark and Shawn by the land owner as, when I pointed this out to Mark, he was unaware of the pic.
I agree that the game is Saeed's and we are all thankful for him to allow us free posting here with few rules; allowing us freedom of our opinions.
Cheers,
Cal
PS. The Scottish Highlands? From the photos I've seen, you live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
PS. The Scottish Highlands? From the photos I've seen, you live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

Hello Cal, Yes Bonnie Scotland but no buff, just coos'. Big Grin
I catch some of the Alaska programs on the box. I don't bother too much with the story lines but the scenery, landscape and wildlife are much more spectacular. Fortunately we are not nearly as dark in wintertime as you..
Yes this is just showtime. Wink enjoy your shoot in May,with or without Mark. ATB jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I reckon that I am on Saeed's side on this issue. In my opinion, that first video (I think) where that poor wounded buffalo was down and instead of shooting it again ... it was walked up to and finally it got up and came ...

If the buffalo had thundered out of the bush while on a follow up I doubt if we would have such a sour taste. In 1996 I was in a hunting camp in Zimbabwe and the word came down (obviously false) that Mr. Sullivan had been killed by a lion in Tanzania.

I was shocked to see the young professional hunters seemed pleased ... and all because of that infamous video.

Twenty years later ... it goes on ...

Like the canned lions ... ear tagged buffalo in high fenced areas ... not the Africa that I dreamed of as a kid ...

Tainted memories ... would be for me ...

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The unfortunate reality is that there would be far less game in the RSA if it were not for privately owned game. Would you invest in these animals and allow them to run freely on the next property, perhaps never to come back? I wouldn't.

I get what you are saying about the tagged buff. Not the best marketing ploy .

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we want all know about the turkey, Cal .... did he attacked you? did you won? ...

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
The unfortunate reality is that there would be far less game in the RSA if it were not for privately owned game. Would you invest in these animals and allow them to run freely on the next property, perhaps never to come back? I wouldn't.

I get what you are saying about the tagged buff. Not the best marketing ploy .

Larry,

I have nothing against what is going on in South Africa of breeding animals, regardless of what they are.

In fact, I think they are doing a great job, and wish them all the best.

I have hunted in farms in South Africa twice, and enjoyed every minute of it.

This thread is not about hunting on a farm on South Africa.

The whole offer right from the beginning stunk to high heaven - you could smell it a mile upwind.

It was all about THE LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN.

The hunt was offered as being a hunt with HIM - no mention was originally made that he was only being paid to tag along.

And frankly, I have absolutely NO RESPECT for a nut case who portrays himself as God's gift to the hunting community.

He wastes no time in showing how much he looks down at his peers. Going as far as to take a swipe at them every opportunity he gets in public.

Calling them cowards.

He goes even further by calling the clients who pay him as utter failures at hunting - and HE is the one who saves their sorry skins in the bush when they screw up.

I just wonder how these failures of the hunting community tend to gravitate to him??

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
And those of you who are against Saeed why are you still here at this forum? You are all guests here and needs to eighter reseckt the owner or plain fuck o.. and find an other forum to pest With Your bullshit.Saeed you have many who support Your thoughts about Sullivan and his bullshit.

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, my friend:
Cheers,
Cal

Cal,

Just another observation,you say we should as hunters all stick together because we share a common enemy,don't you think that it is a better approach to weed out the problem people that give our community a bad name? you yourself do us all a service when you post reports of your negative experiences with hunt's etc...!
I know a lot of us will never share a camp with Mark,perhaps it would be interesting to hear you hunt with him & after what? twenty safaris in Africa ? a great personal collection of double rifles,a great wealth of knowledge,maybe you can tell us what you learned & enlighten the rest of us fools who think the king is naked Smiler again my friend please take no offense.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Ah, Bill, you're baiting me with a bit of sarcasm.
I only posted one negative hunt report on AR and that was my elk road hunt. I posted one thread and didn't carry on for hundreds of posts nor did I attack the outfitter personally--I just stated facts. The guide's reply was a personal attack but he didn't disagree with what I wrote. I try to keep my posts here polite and factual but at times I have slipped a bit with Shootaway, Zombiekiller, and Larry Root. And also with Saeed when I read some of his anti-American posts.
Yes, I see Mark different than some as I've looked into his videos and wrote the articles about him in the African Hunter. I don't know if I will hunt with him in SA. I look past the "puffing" and certianly don't believe what many of his foes fabricate stories about (nut shooting, legal contracts to only wound, etc).
My experience is is far less than many here--both in safaris and double rifles. As far as enlighten "fools," well I can't reply to that and would refer to the first sentence of this post.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
So the guides answer was a personal attack on you was it?

How about everything coming from the mouth of THE LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN?
Hasn't everything he said about both the clients and professional hunters an attack on all of them??

The pros are cowards with no balls.

The clients are a bunch of incompetent idiots who cannot shoot straight!
All straight from the mouth of THE WORLD'S BIGGEST, MOST STUPID, MOST SELF CENTERED IDIOT THAT CLAIMS TO BE A PROFESSIONAL HUNTER! rotflmo

Keep it up.

You are showing your hero for what he really is clap

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah, Bill, you're baiting me with a bit of sarcasm.
I only posted one negative hunt report on AR and that was my elk road hunt. I posted one thread and didn't carry on for hundreds of posts nor did I attack the outfitter personally--I just stated facts. The guide's reply was a personal attack but he didn't disagree with what I wrote. I try to keep my posts here polite and factual but at times I have slipped a bit with Shootaway, Zombiekiller, and Larry Root. And also with Saeed when I read some of his anti-American posts.
Yes, I see Mark different than some as I've looked into his videos and wrote the articles about him in the African Hunter. I don't know if I will hunt with him in SA. I look past the "puffing" and certianly don't believe what many of his foes fabricate stories about (nut shooting, legal contracts to only wound, etc).
My experience is is far less than many here--both in safaris and double rifles. As far as enlighten "fools," well I can't reply to that and would refer to the first sentence of this post.
Cheers,
Cal

Cal,
it is great to make conversation with you,I hope that I will share camp with you one day,there is really only you & Shawn that defend Mark on here,both of you have a professional connection with him,it would have been a much better scenario if some past clients or Mark himself had commented here.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I hadn't went last fall, I would book with MS in a heartbeat. His videos do show some really fantastic buff being taken.

And that price seems to good to be true.

JMO.

BN63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I hadn't went last fall, I would book with MS in a heartbeat. His videos do show some really fantastic buff being taken.

"If" this and "if" that ...... yet these videos have been around for a good many years and to say that hadn't you gone last fall, summer or winter is an excuse that really holds no water.

The videos obviously turn you on so why not take the plunge - you might even get the opportunity of becoming a film star. coffee

The advertised buff are mostly very good specimen (except for the charging one) but hardly falling into the "fantastic" category and as mentioned earlier, were they really all taken on this advertised RSA concession or are they photos and specimen taken in a different hunting area being used as promotional material, as was the case several years ago by one SA individual who after being battered for his BS no longer posts on AR?

Posts: 1864 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:

JMO.

BN63

Just remember what THE LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN thinks of his clients!

He places them just slightly above the cowards with no balls who call themselves professional hunters rotflmo

So if you like to be added to the hordes of clients who cannot shoot and kill their own animals, best of luck to you clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

"If" this and "if" that ...... yet these videos have been around for a good many years and to say that hadn't you gone last fall, summer or winter is an excuse that really holds no water.

My wife would probably kill me if I booked another safari 7 months after my last buff hunt. Still trying to get the last skull/cape to the USA.

You make a lot of presumptions about me based upon one post IMO. I was charged by a buff on my second safari, and it is exciting. Much more exciting then a bang/flop.

MS's videos do show a lot of big buff being taken by clients. True most of those seem to be taken in Tanzania or countries other than RSA, but a big buff is still a big buff IMO.

I am sure the hunts MS did in his Nitro Express videos cost a lot more than $15K for a buff.

And if your comment about battering was supposed to be a threat, I don't batter very easily (nor do I suffer fools lightly).

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:

JMO.

BN63

Just remember what THE LEGENDARY PROFESSIONAL HUNTER MARK SULLIVAN thinks of his clients!

He places them just slightly above the cowards with no balls who call themselves professional hunters rotflmo

So if you like to be added to the hordes of clients who cannot shoot and kill their own animals, best of luck to you clap

Although it might be fun to shoot the .577, I could care less about his photos, etc. I just like to hunt big buff up close and I try and make clear to my PHs, that they should shoot only in the case of last resort of a charge.

As to what a PH thinks of me personally, or what I think of them is totally irrelevant if they do their job and I shoot a big buffalo. I go on safaris to hunt buffalo, not to become best buds with the PH.

I am sure most PHs think of their client "friends" more in terms of repeat business then as actual friends.

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gee guys, as a long time dreamer of hunting Africa, I envy the experience and passion that only experience brings out in this thread...
Tell you what, if someone is willing to buy this hunt with Mark and one with their choice of a "Wild Africa" Outfitter, I would be willing to go on both hunts then write up a hunt report comparing my thoughts as a novice, wide eyed virgin on both hunt experiences.. hehehe :-D

Posts: 40 | Location: British Columbia.... | Registered: 05 February 2011Reply With Quote