New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mozambique Plains Game Specials
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Plains game trophy hunt package for 2017 in Matingatinga hunting area of SAPAP located next to the border with South Africa and 1 hour drive from Maputo international airport in the capital of Mozambique.
Minimum 2 hunters on 2x1
3,900 euro per hunter

Included:
1 kudo
1 zebra
1 blue wildebeest
1 impala
1 grey duiker or steenbok
One day guided visit to the Kruger National Park in South Africa
5 hunting days
Service of qualified professional hunters;
Service of safari staff, including trackers, drivers, cooks, waiters and auxiliary staff;
Service of 4x4 vehicles;
Field preparation of the trophies (skinning & salting of trophies);
Lodging and full board;
Laundry;
Transfer Maputo airport/hunting area/Maputo airport.

Not included:
Airfares;
Preparation, crating and documentation of trophies;
Temporary rifle import permit and hunting license;
Lodging and meals outside the safari period;
Gratuities for the safari staff, including the professional hunter;
Taxidermy work;
Alcoholic beverages.

The hunting area is comprised of 15,000 hectares of malaria-free bushveld and hilly savannah.
Other species and packages available.
We can provide the contact details of people that hunted with us through private message.

Edgar Cordeiro
Professional Hunter
Cell/WhatsApp: +351 969 092 706
edgarpirescordeiro@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/Hunt-...gal-543785872484954/
Matingatinga Game Lodge, EN 1, Km 14, Moamba, Maputo Province, Mozambique
E-mail: sapap@ferpinta.pt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I did this trip I flew from Boston to Lisbon, took a nap, shower, and had a nice lunch at the hotel near the airport (12 hour layover), then on to Maputo. Same on return, but spent the night and had a nice dinner in Lisbon. Bags checked through.Made a relaxed trip. Hunting was fun too! Can see my report July 29th.

Posts: 1067 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm always interested in new places.

What's the cost of the Preparation, crating and documentation of trophies, for the package of animals that you are offering?

How much is the temporary rifle import permit and hunting license for one rifle and 40 rounds of ammo?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I'm always interested in new places.

What's the cost of the Preparation, crating and documentation of trophies, for the package of animals that you are offering?

How much is the temporary rifle import permit and hunting license for one rifle and 40 rounds of ammo?

Yep, please advice

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I found this list of Mozambique fees online:

License fee for each animal, paid to the Government. Fees are non refundable.

Animal License Fees:
Duiker = US$ 300 or Steenbok = US$ 250
Wildebeest = US$ 800
Kudu = US$ 900
Impala = US$ 250
Zebra = US$ 900

GOVERNMENT LEVY
15% Government Levy charged on all animals shot/wounded. This is 15% of the Government Animal License Fees. This is paid before the hunt and/or at the end of the hunt the Animal License Fees are to be paid for any additional animals that the client shot/wounded during the hunt.

HUNTING PERMIT ( CARD )
Before the hunt starts the Government issues a client's Hunting Permit. The Government will stamp the animals on the card that have been paid for. Fee of US$ 250 per hunter for this Permit (to be paid before the hunt starts).

RIFLE PERMIT
US$ 200 per Rifle, Clients need to apply at least 3 weeks before hunt starts.

VISA
Clients must apply for a Mozambican Visa in their Country or they can purchase the Visa at the Border (Cost is +-US$ 75)

Is the $3,100 in license fees the hunter's costs?
The 15% Government Levy is an additional $465, who is responsible for that?
$200 Rifle permit
$250 Hunter Permit card
$75 Visa (for US Hunter)

That's an additional $4090 in fees, visa and permits.

The pack and ship costs are still not figured in.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will try to clarify your doubts.
The cost for taking care of all paperwork and fees for 1 rifle and 40 rounds of ammo temporary import permit and 1 hunting license is 400 USD in total.
It’s always better to apply for a VISA entry in your Country before you leave. You can do it on any border office in Mozambique but takes some time. We often cross the border to South Africa with clients and if they don’t have a multi entry VISA we apply for a new one on the border and takes less than an hour to get it.
The hunt package price mentioned INCLUDE the trophy fees of all those animals.
The government trophy fees are not those mentioned on one of the posts. Much less. Its published on the government official bulletin and updated from time to time.
Regarding the cost of preparing, crating and documentation in Mozambique should be around 200 USD.
All of that plus the airfreight from Maputo to Portugal, dispatch, veterinary inspection, etc. and delivery to the clients door for the last 3 Portuguese clients was 700 to 1,000 euro depending on weight and volume of their trophies and all had cape buffalo plus a few plains game.
Saw on my cell phone a message or a post here asking about leopard hunts there but there is no quota in this concession for leopard. There is quota not too far.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500 Jeff:
Will try to clarify your doubts.
The cost for taking care of all paperwork and fees for 1 rifle and 40 rounds of ammo temporary import permit and 1 hunting license is 400 USD in total.
It’s always better to apply for a VISA entry in your Country before you leave. You can do it on any border office in Mozambique but takes some time. We often cross the border to South Africa with clients and if they don’t have a multi entry VISA we apply for a new one on the border and takes less than an hour to get it.
The hunt package price mentioned INCLUDE the trophy fees of all those animals.
The government trophy fees are not those mentioned on one of the posts. Much less. Its published on the government official bulletin and updated from time to time.
Regarding the cost of preparing, crating and documentation in Mozambique should be around 200 USD.
All of that plus the airfreight from Maputo to Portugal, dispatch, veterinary inspection, etc. and delivery to the clients door for the last 3 Portuguese clients was 700 to 1,000 euro depending on weight and volume of their trophies and all had cape buffalo plus a few plains game.
Saw on my cell phone a message or a post here asking about leopard hunts there but there is no quota in this concession for leopard. There is quota not too far.

$200 for the trophy preparation, packing and documentation for the trophies is very reasonable as is $400 for the rifle permit and license and $75 for the visa doesn't seem to bad.

The trophy fees are included in the package price so are the only question is what the government levies cost?

Is that all the required fees?

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500 Jeff:

That's a good price considering it was right to the client.

Sir , Do you have Buffalo on the ranch or hunt them elsewhere ?

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes we have Buff there.
The government fees for those 5 animals are 1,275 USD in total. The client only have to pay 3,900 Euro each hunter to get the mentioned package. Its a 2x1 hunt for a minimum of 2 hunters.
We have nice trophies of kudo and blue wildebeest.