Find
Notify
Tools

Guided Cameroun plains game $9000
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
New Cameroun inexpensive hunt opportunity

Bowing to the pressure of many of my fellow AR friends, (I) Cam Greig has finally hired a PH to augment my self-guided safaris in Cameroun. I have managed to find a retiring Cameroun missionary who loves to hunt and knows the culture and hunting area intimately! Phil has spent most of his life in Cameroun and speaks 4 local languages. He is wealth of knowledge and loves to hunt and will be a perfect host for you West Africa adventure.

This coming 2015 season his PH services will be available for a discounted price of only $2000, in addition to our already low pricing. This puts a guided Cameroun hunt available for as low as $7000 in the King’s zone (2X1) or $11,000 (2X1) for a full plains game safari. Solo hunts slightly higher by $1000 each. On the more expensive hunt this includes a good possibilities of savannah buffalo, western roan, sing-sing waterbuck, bhor reedbuck, harnessed bushbuck, western cob, several duikers, red river hogs and warthog, with the possibility of encountering the magnificent Lord Derby eland!

There are two separate hunts being offered here: one exclusively on the “king’s zone” where I have had exclusive rights and have managed it for anti poaching for 6 years. There are game in good numbers here if you are willing to track them. The other will include about 50% of the time in government zones where buffalo and roan tend to be fairly common with the occasional eland herd wandering through. Although the King’s zone has good plains game, as noted in hunt reports from this season, there are not a lot of buffalo and no eland in the zone. It does have the other plains game, including roan. All of these hunts are all inclusive of fees in-country except trophy fees and shipping. It includes concession fees and hunting license. You will be responsible for your gun import and visa ahead of time. I recommend you rent a .375 from our supply of 4 different rifles ($300) due to the problems getting gun import permits. The King zone hunt is 14 days with 10 days of hunting and the Government zone hunt is for 15 days in country, of which you should get in ~11 days of hunting. You will change concessions mid-way through the hunt to give you the most chances at a wide variety of game.
All of the eland hunts for 2015 are booked, but I will be taking guided hunts for the eland zone for 2016 as well if anyone is interested. These hunts will go for $13,000 (2X1).

BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
You get a complete list of what to bring and what is provided, down to your toothbrush.
I will work with you ahead of the hunt to get your gun import paperwork, visa and hunting license in Cameroon completed.

WHEN YOU ARRIVE
The PH will meet you at the airport and stay with you for the whole trip. On the government hunt you will be able to use two concessions with the split of time about 50/50 but you can shift it around depending on your shooting opportunities.
I arrange to loan you some basic bulky and camp gear and give you a list of your personal gear you bring. You are responsible for all of your own personal gear. You can bring some freeze-dried food and snacks, but local food is provided. You will have a dedicated cook in camp. At the government concession there is a hotel/bar about an hour’s drive away. You can have some meals there or even stay there if you wish, but that is all at your own cost. It is the only place for a cold beer in 50 miles.
There are experienced skinners in camp, you need to bring trophy tags for your animals.
The combination of government zone and King’s zone is the best opportunity we hunt for game harvested. Roan and/or buffalo opportunities have been very high. All animals listed below in the trophy fees are in the zones. You can expect multiple opportunities at game and eland are in the government zone. This is BY FAR the least strenuous and most successful hunt we offer. It is my recommendation for all first time hunters or those wishing some new species.
Accommodations in the government zone for 2015 will most likely be a tent, as the camp caught fire last year. A new management has been put in place since.

The King’s zone is the most comfortable camp we operate next to a nice river with good fishing.
http://i304.photobucket.com/al...ne10campandriver.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/al...erch_zpsc6881967.jpg

There is a regular kitchen with dining room to eat at. Solar power provides light and necessities. Beds are supplied with mosquito nets. It is generally a hot hunt. You go out daily from camp in a vehicle and return at dark after following tracks or sitting in some of the blinds overlooking salt licks. You will have an audience with the king, if he is in court, should you wish?

Trophy fees For Cameroon Hunt

animal $ cost
Elephant * $ 4,000
Eland * $ 4,000
Buffalo * $ 2,500
Roan * $ 2,000
waterbuck $ 900
hartebeest $ 500
bushbuck/reedbuck $ 500
Red river/wart hogs $300
giant forest hog $ 1000
sitatunga $ 1500
peter & other duiker $ 400
Western cob $500
Oribi $400

* Denotes group 1 animal of which you are only allowed 2 on a hunt. Four other animals are allowed per hunter/year. (Group 2) You may take up to six total animals, but not more than two of the group 1 animals or four of group 2 animals. We can no longer substitute group 2 animals for group 1 animals.

AT THE END OF THE TRIP:
I will arrange to have paperwork completed at the end of the trip so trophies can be exported. This includes all CITES and veterinary paperwork for export. I arrange for air shipping (Brussels Air is the only carrier operating out of Cameroon.) I charge $2000 for all the export work. This includes a $500 credit on shipping fees.

The following are all pictures of some of the animals we collected on these hunts in 2014, several reports here on AR

http://i304.photobucket.com/al...roan_zps9cbfce33.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/al...014_zps177c43c6.jpg:

http://i304.photobucket.com/al...buck_zps9371a4fe.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/al...buck_zpsbe45ef43.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/al...ncob_zps28f841a8.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/al...rhog_zpsc0ae54b3.jpg

Feel free to PM me or call
Camshaft
Only fully licensed PH USA citizen in Cameroon
11240 Page Mill Road, Los Altos Hills, California USA +650-948-4560 cell 650-279-3620
cam.greig@yahoo

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Speaking from someone who went earlier this year. This is a great hunt. Now its going to be better.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Brian, you realize that the Phil mentioned in the post is the same guy( Lutheran medical missionary head honcho) we met in Ngoundere!. helluva nice guy, avid hunter and well versed in the local culture, language, area..too bad the LD eland hunts for next year are sold or i would be going back.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Yes sir I do remember. He would be a good one too. I look forward to returning at some point. I am determined to catch a fish there.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I talked with Cam about this hunt for myself. When you put a pencil on the two area 11 day hunt for a buffalo and 4-5 other unique species that I need plus an observer it would come in overall at about the same price as a good quality buffalo hunt in Zim. This hunt in Cameroon is one heck of a deal for folks that can walk and handle the heat.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Just don't drink the water.
Don't ask its a long story.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
God willing and good health, back in 2016. the mental photo i snapped as that huge eland bull came swaggering down the hill in front of me, only to disappear in the gully 50 yards below still causes nightmares....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
GREAT opportunity!