Find
Notify
Tools

8 days, THE REAL MACOY
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To assist buyers in making their decision.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...588/m/2481027181/p/1

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Lhook - Thanks for posting the link. I thought Mr. Bushwack had given up on offering hunts on AR after his handling of the issue with Carolinaman came to light. Hopefully he has learned that folks on AR have long memories.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2290 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

Wow Just read that entire thread. I had a very similar situation (healthwise) happen to me with a hunt in NZ. The outfitter refunded my entire deposit no questions asked when I explained my diagnosis.
Why anyone would ruin their reputation over a $2500 deposit is beyond me.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I remembered the Bushwack name right away.

I'd guess Bushwack selling a hunt on AR would be about as likely as pissing up a rope. At least to those amongst us who remember how he treated Carolinasman.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
Lhook - Thanks for posting the link. I thought Mr. Bushwack had given up on offering hunts on AR after his handling of the issue with Carolinaman came to light. Hopefully he has learned that folks on AR have long memories.

Never forget, comes to mind.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66869 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This site is good for references good and bad.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much that $2500 has cost Bushwhacker so far...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9470 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lhook7,

Great link, thanks for jogging my memory.

Rob

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The topic title says 8 days. The ad text says 6 days, 7 nights. Jeez....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13126 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
The topic title says 8 days. The ad text says 6 days, 7 nights. Jeez....

No need to worry, I’m sure he’ll refund the unused days.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One more reason why AR is top notch!

Posts: 2639 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
When I went back and re-read the link, I found it interesting and gratifying that Bossie Mostert was one of the supporters of Carolinasman. When Bossie got hurt last year by a buff, the members of this forum were supportive of him as well. Glad he's doing so well, and I have to say I'm proud to be a member of this forum that has hunters and outfitters with this kind of class.

Don't think I'll be booking anything with Bushwack. Ever.

Posts: 730 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
After the way he treated Carolinasman with his terminal illness, I would think Bushwhack’s reputation here on AR is lower than whale droppings. His poorly written offer (8 days vs 6 days) indicates a lack of attention to detail. His mistreatment of Carolinasman indicates a lack of compassion for a fellow hunter in a life threatening predicament. I’d trust Bushwhack as much as I’d trust gas station sushi.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Well Mr Reynecke, it seems to have rained on your New Year's Day Parade. Maybe you should spend that USD 2.500,- on advertising somewhere else......

Bud, never heard the line on whale droppings before ?! Interesting. I always thought whales sort of squirted rather than firm droppings?! I'll check out Dr Google!

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow the 2500 refund would have been a good deal by the looks of it now.

Never thought I would see and offer back on here from him. Sad not sure that he is a bad guy but not business smart at all.

Posts: 558 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not how I would have dealt with the issue but if the contract stated non refundable that is exactly what it meant. Oh how different NA outfitters are looked upon for writing that same clause into their contracts. Here it is perfectly acceptable to keep a deposit though I feel most NA outfitters do try to fill the vacancy and make the refund. Over the years I imagine I have left a few high end rifle values laying on the table due to unscheduled conflicts.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Bushwack has been counting and recounting his heartless gains for the past 7-8 years.

Ten years from now he will post again and AR's finest members will remember, too.

I'd rather stay home and watch Oprah reruns or Elizabeth Warren's political speeches than hunt with that heartless prick.

With all the pissing and moaning on AR's political forum, to read the original post by Carolinasman really brings a warm feeling to see the wonderful and selfless AR members come together. Really great people here.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just read all of this.
I’m shocked!
I’ve been reading this forum for a long time, I don’t post much because I don’t have much to say. I’ve learned a great deal though.

This is exactly the plains game hunt that I want. The same animals. Add a wart hog.

But there is no way in hell I would EVER book a hunt with this operator!!!

There are some real stand up gentlemen on this forum!

Doug

Posts: 28 | Location: SC | Registered: 21 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
Not how I would have dealt with the issue but if the contract stated non refundable that is exactly what it meant. Oh how different NA outfitters are looked upon for writing that same clause into their contracts. Here it is perfectly acceptable to keep a deposit though I feel most NA outfitters do try to fill the vacancy and make the refund. Over the years I imagine I have left a few high end rifle values laying on the table due to unscheduled conflicts.

You are right about what is in the contract.

But, there is something called humanity.

It should trump any contract.

Posts: 66869 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bustingclay:
quote:

I just read all of this.
I’m shocked!
I’ve been reading this forum for a long time, I don’t post much because I don’t have much to say. I’ve learned a great deal though.

This is exactly the plains game hunt that I want. The same animals. Add a wart hog.

But there is no way in hell I would EVER book a hunt with this operator!!!

There are some real stand up gentlemen on this forum!

Doug:
As long as you don't have a terminal illness you should be just fine hunting with Bushwack. The letter of the law rules with him.
C

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Bushwack has been counting and recounting his heartless gains for the past 7-8 years.

Ten years from now he will post again and AR's finest members will remember, too.

I'd rather stay home and watch Oprah reruns or Elizabeth Warren's political speeches than hunt with that heartless prick.

With all the pissing and moaning on AR's political forum, to read the original post by Carolinasman really brings a warm feeling to see the wonderful and selfless AR members come together. Really great people here.
Cal

Sez the fucking snitch who wrote that I was faking my cancer and advised GoFundMe that the money was to be funneled to Ukraine's military, in order to have my campaign cancelled and the money returned to donators, hence prohibiting me to have access to the funds paying for intensive urgent chemo when days counted..

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

Cal

Sez the fucking snitch who wrote that I was faking my cancer and advised GoFundMe that the money was to be funneled to Ukraine's military, in order to have my campaign cancelled and the money returned to donators, hence prohibiting me to have access to the funds paying for intensive urgent chemo when days counted..

Both you and Cal really need to get your act together, and stop being silly.

Cal had no right to post what he did, neither you have any right to bring this here.

You two are making fools of yourselves!

And I am sure none of us here enjoy seeing this.