New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Nilgai
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paypal is still trying to reach the guide who is ignoring my case. They are now saying that it will be July 8th before they issue a ruling.

If you check out the Texas Hunting Land forum on Facebook you'll see droves of scandalous reports about this guy named JT Safaris / Tyler Hill.

What I've learned from this experience is to always ask a booking agent for the email, phone number, Facebook User ID, and any other nicknames or dba's of any guide. What I continue to see is not favorable.

I don't think the booking agent has any leverage to help because he has a lot of money in deposits for hunts with the same hunting guide. If he pushes to hard, he too will be out his deposits it seems, not just my own!

Posts: 238 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to hear the results of LHeym500's trip.

I totally get your concern. I would probably walk away from it myself. Having said that, I doubt there is a valid basis for demanding a return of the deposit but I totally get the attempt. Unfortunately, I imagine that money is long gone.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L. David Keith:
505 gibbs: I usually keep you on ignore, because the time I asked you politely to lay off your smart ass remarks to me, you sent me a PM calling me vile names. Maybe you should know your facts before you stick your nose in something you have no concerns. First of all, those that have spoken to me know I am not this fella's booking agent. Secondly, I've not taken a single penny from him. All his bookings go directly to him and they pay him directly. My association with the young man goes back two years and my intention was to help the guy with a young family get get a good reputation going, nothing more. If he's gone south with his clients, it's nothing I've caused or done. So once again, here you are. Back to ignore you go.

Please do not do this again.

Third party hunt offers are not allowed here, and this example proves why.

I understand you are trying to help get his money back, but, frankly, anyone paying for a hunt through Psypal needs his head examined!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66929 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by L. David Keith:
505 gibbs: I usually keep you on ignore, because the time I asked you politely to lay off your smart ass remarks to me, you sent me a PM calling me vile names. Maybe you should know your facts before you stick your nose in something you have no concerns. First of all, those that have spoken to me know I am not this fella's booking agent. Secondly, I've not taken a single penny from him. All his bookings go directly to him and they pay him directly. My association with the young man goes back two years and my intention was to help the guy with a young family get get a good reputation going, nothing more. If he's gone south with his clients, it's nothing I've caused or done. So once again, here you are. Back to ignore you go.

Please do not do this again.

Third party hunt offers are not allowed here, and this example proves why.

I understand you are trying to help get his money back, but, frankly, anyone paying for a hunt through Psypal needs his head examined!

Spot on Saeed.

Let the one offering the hunt post the details.

If you post a hunt for your self or some one else, you have made a connection and have skin in the game.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update on my claim. PayPal concurred with me and refunded my deposit.

And Saeed, I know this is your site and all, but saying I should have my head examined for using PayPal is insulting and makes you look ignorant, not me.

PayPal is the ONLY payment means that would provide any recourse whatsoever. Zelle, Chase Bill Pay, Venmo, Moneygram, Western Union, Money Order, Cashier’s Check, and Bank Wire would be the alternatives and not one of those would have had a favorable outcome.

I paid the extra 2% by using PayPal but it has fraud protection against these sorts of complaints. I did this because I did not need my head examined, I did it because I understand how to reduce my risk and have a basic understanding of how payment systems backstop risk and to which party.

Posts: 238 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rookhawk:
Update on my claim. PayPal concurred with me and refunded my deposit.

And Saeed, I know this is your site and all, but saying I should have my head examined for using PayPal is insulting and makes you look ignorant, not me.

PayPal is the ONLY payment means that would provide any recourse whatsoever. Zelle, Chase Bill Pay, Venmo, Moneygram, Western Union, Money Order, Cashier’s Check, and Bank Wire would be the alternatives and not one of those would have had a favorable outcome.

I paid the extra 2% by using PayPal but it has fraud protection against these sorts of complaints. I did this because I did not need my head examined, I did it because I understand how to reduce my risk and have a basic understanding of how payment systems backstop risk and to which party.

You can take it as you wish.

I will repeat it.

Paying for a hunt with Papal is utterly stupid!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66929 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Had an absolute fantastic time with Tyler (this outfitter). Just about to leave town and head back home.

I can't wait to be back here in November, and then figure out when the next time I can be back after that will be.

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
Had an absolute fantastic time with Tyler (this outfitter). Just about to leave town and head back home.

I can't wait to be back here in November, and then figure out when the next time I can be back after that will be.

Justin

How about a hunt report?

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am on my way home with a 22 hour drive.

We caught a tropical storm and only got one day of actual hunting. We tried everyday.

Tyler with a smile and a thank you did amazing getting my Uncle on red fish in some pretty high water.

You cannot fight the weather. These animals do not owe us their lives. I will give a full report in days to come.

PM me, I will give you my number and you can call me about details in the interlude.

On this trip, with us, Tyler did more than required wo solicitation.

Posts: 10826 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys:

I just walked through the home place door.

I will do a hunt report on this trip in the days to come since there is so much, unnecessary, drama concerning this hunt. Of course, my observations and report are based solely on my experience and point of view.

Anyone who wishes can PM me. I will send my phone number, and you can call me.

Posts: 10826 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Just back from this as well. Hunting was pretty decent - went 1 for 2. Fishing was not at all decent, but I don't fault the guides for that, they tried. I may do a more formal hunt report in a few days. Trying to decide if it's worth the typical shitstorm that follows many such reports...

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote