THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Caprivi conservancy elephant hunts with Ndumo Safaris
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caprivi conservancy elephant hunts with Ndumo Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted
Hi all

As promised elsewhere, a bit more detail on trophy elephant hunts available in the Caprivi in 2016 and 2017 with Ndumo Safaris.

At the moment, due to a few late cancellations, we have 2 elephant left on the 2016 quota on our Sobbe and Sikunga communal conservancy areas.

Sobbe is good for elephant specifically from February (start of the hunting season) to mid June, and then again late November (end of hunting season). One buffalo and plains game can be added to this hunt at below trophy prisces only.

Sikunga is good for elephant from July to October, but must be hunted before the seasonal rains starts in end October. So oneshould plan to finish up hunting there no later than 30 October. One croc and one hippo can be added to either this hunt or a Sobbe hunt, at trophy fees only.

I can move some of the more flexible clients around if need be, to conduct both hunts in one area.

Expect a good hunt for a representative bull of 40 to 55 lbs, with average being in the region of 45 lbs. If you are lucky, you may shoot bigger, like some of the attached photos.
Total price, inclusive of 14 hunting days, 2 travel days, all taxes, permits, drinks, meals and one trophy elephant is US$ 48 500.
If no elephant is shot, or no trophy bull (40lbs and up) are turned down, $25 000 refunded.

We will be at SCI, in booth no.4671, come by and discuss, or send me an email on karl@huntingsafaris.net
I can also be reached on the following US number up to the 10th of February: 469 740 8997
(PHs for the hunts, will be most likely Fred Bezuidenhout or myself).

Add on trophies:
buffalo 7000
hippo 4000
croc 5000
kudu 1500
zebra 1500
blue wildebeest 900
duiker/ warthog 400

Some 2015 bulls:

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys I have neglected to add the total price! Edited it in above also, but total is US$ 48 500

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK I like this. Not sure I can make show but sounds like an honest deal for exportable USA correct?

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2846 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Yes, this is a trophy export hunt. Karl offers non exportable hunts as well.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
OK I like this. Not sure I can make show but sounds like an honest deal for exportable USA correct?

i have hunted these 2 conservancies 3 times for elephants- twice for myself and once accompanying my BIL ( he took 2 in the first 4 days). It never took more than 4 days on any hunt. There are plenty of elephants and Karl runs a first class operation. The trophy bulls are all exportable with no problem.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:

i have hunted these 2 conservancies 3 times for elephants- twice for myself and once accompanying my BIL ( he took 2 in the first 4 days). It never took more than 4 days on any hunt. There are plenty of elephants and Karl runs a first class operation. The trophy bulls are all exportable with no problem.

Thanks Jerry....!

Yes, gunslinger, as David and Jerry has stated, these trophies are fully exportable to the USA. This elephant is part of the Namibian allocated CITES quota, and the USA F&W does allow imports from Namibia.

If you want to have a chat about these hunts, send me your number while I am in the USA and I will call you. Or drop me an email and I can also send you a list of references.

We will be running a show special on our Caprivi hunts, where you get one free observer per hunter, which I will also honor for someone booking through this site

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
where you get one free observer per hunter, which I will also honor for someone booking through this site

Karl, how 'bout if I bring Larry? :-)

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about me? I say nice things about you....

Posts: 10135 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs should bring a Blaser guy - me Wink

Then Karl has a hunter also bringing a VC two pipe too - me Wink

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Pop and I had a great safari with Karl.
Was on his updated website looking at an "own use" non-export elephant hunt for me and dad.

Top notch camps and hunts

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The doctor (Paul) is in the house!

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
The doctor (Paul) is in the house!

Yeah, I'm still amongst the upright.
In fact, met up with DoubleDon last Wednesday at the Great American Sportsman Expo in Harrisburg, Pa. Had Pop and gang along with me.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great to hear everyone is doing well.

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
A karl this is Frank is anyone looking elephant--- current orders the whole thing off this year heard everything was slow at Dallas Safari club and SEI will be a better luck on the coast on the East Coast after all those guys are all the Democrats and got the money this time good luck hunting

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
? Too much ethanol?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No ethanol...pure high test! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,
I hope you've 'pulled the trigger' on a hunt with Karl so we can see your mug holding the new 505 and not some 'Blah' rifle.

Yes, I'm trying to help spend your money as my pockets aren't deep enough to hunt tembo. Living vicariously through others, I am. Big Grin

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
There here is the thing guys is the thing fellows this is the last best elephant in the world why nobody's buying it is astonishing I've talked to a couple of 500 million+ net worth folks and they won't go I had a friend that went on the west side last fall looked at think it was 90 elephant and shot a 55 pounder and a big buffalo just for the fun of it I have an interesting article that I'm going to put out here for folks to read on the Namibian economics of hunting you guys are going to love it and we all better pull together and damn well supported itor we are going to lose it now for JD and bib overalls it is high-priced scotch dumbasses

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
http://www.nnf.org.na/RARESPEC...CapriviBuffRange.gif

more later i an working on angola to

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stradling:
http://www.nnf.org.na/RARESPEC...CapriviBuffRange.gif

more later i an working on angola to

What do you have on Angola? I know the EWB aerial survey has been completed and just waiting to see the results. I don't know if the survey included game other than elephant.

Anybody hearing about any exploratory hunts in Angola?

Posts: 1859 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of only.375H&H
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, hunting in Angola is still illegal by law, but it is known that the Angolan hunting community is active.
News of returning elephants to their original places (due to the ending of 40 years of civil war), and in some circumstances destroying villages huts are somewhat commun. News of high concentrations of lions in some regions are coming through as well. These are very good news.
The sad said of it is that poaching is uncontrollable at present, and it is known that, elephants have been killed just for the tusks were, its meat could have been given to much needed population.

Work to live...live to Hunt....

Posts: 91 | Location: Angola | Registered: 07 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by only.375H&H:
As far as I know, hunting in Angola is still illegal by law, but it is known that the Angolan hunting community is active.
News of returning elephants to their original places (due to the ending of 40 years of civil war), and in some circumstances destroying villages huts are somewhat commun. News of high concentrations of lions in some regions are coming through as well. These are very good news.
The sad said of it is that poaching is uncontrollable at present, and it is known that, elephants have been killed just for the tusks were, its meat could have been given to much needed population.

Thanks 375. I believe the EWB survey results for Angola are due to be released in March.

Posts: 1859 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
This is the buffalo study

http://www.nnf.org.na/RARESPEC...oSys/Buffalo/smp.htm

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
THIS IS THE ELEPHANT STUDY

http://www.nnf.org.na/RARESPEC...Sys/elephant/smp.htm

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
THIS IS THE ANGOLAN STUDY

http://www.agrarian.org/index....icle&id=45&Itemid=38

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stradling:
There here is the thing guys is the thing fellows this is the last best elephant in the world why nobody's buying it is astonishing I've talked to a couple of 500 million+ net worth folks and they won't go I had a friend that went on the west side last fall looked at think it was 90 elephant and shot a 55 pounder and a big buffalo just for the fun of it I have an interesting article that I'm going to put out here for folks to read on the Namibian economics of hunting you guys are going to love it and we all better pull together and damn well supported itor we are going to lose it now for JD and bib overalls it is high-priced scotch dumbasses

Periods and commas are your friend. Thank God that Lagavulin and Laphroig don't do this to me. FWIW, mate, I have taken 2 elephants with Karl....He is a good friend and has tremendous concessions.

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
I agree on both points and if i were not so lazy i would quit using the dragon dictation mike and just type it in to keep you comfy jd