THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Botswana CT 27 End of Season Elephant Special.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just talked with my friend Gerhard Koch with Koch Safaris in Botswana this morning. Earlier this yea, he acquired the concession rights to CT 27 in NE Botswana. The concession is about 7 hrs drive N. of Gaborone. The E boarder is the Limpopo river and RSA the NE boarder is with ZIM. It’s approximately 3 MILLION US acres.

Due to the short notice of this offer and the rapidly approaching end of DG season on 15 September, contact Gerhard directly to determine availability and dates.

Gerhard Koch: Cell Phone and WhatsApp: +267 75 414 214
Email: info@kochsafaris.com

I will try to help you with getting there and back questions.

AS OF TODAY, he has a couple of currently uncommitted elephant available on quota. They were originally offered as a 10-day hunt, all inclusive from airport pickup to airport return for $35,000.00 USD. Because the season close (September 15) is rapidly approaching, he’s offering the couple of remaining elephants at $25,000.00 USD for an all inclusive 1x1, 7-day hunt from airport pickup to airport return. He’s also offering a 10-day, two clients, one PH (2x1) and two elephant for $43,000.00 all inclusive. These are fully exportable from Botswana and currently importable to the US.

You’ll be basing out of Kwadiwa Ranch Lodge that is ON the Limpopo river.

You’ll have the option of either flying into Gaborone for the 7-hr road transfer from the airport to the main lodge or you can opt to fly into Polokwane RSA from Johannesburg. Polokwane is just across the boarder and close to a Botswana/RSA boarder check-point. This makes the airport to lodge road transfer just at 2 hrs each way.

SA Airlink has two flights a day between Johannesburg and Polokwane – Dep JNB @ 06:35, Arr PTG @ 07:30 and Dep JNB @16:15 Arr PTG 17:10. Return from Polokwane to Johannesburg flts are – Dep PTG @ 07:55, Arr JNB @ 08:55 and Dep PTG @ 17:40, Arr JNB @ 18:35.

Because of the vast size of the concession, Gerhard has also set up several fly camps to cut down on the drive time from the lodge to where the scout/trackers locate elephant. You may spend a night or two in a fly camp before returning to the main lodge for a night and then back out the next day.

Here are some photos of a few of the elephant they’ve taken this season.

Obviously and granted, these are not the size generally taken in the western side of Botswana near the Okavango but, these are being offered at price commensurate with the expected size. Here are the rest of the details:

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: •Full room and board accommodation. •Issuing of permits for some species is subjected to changing quotas. •Lost, wounded game considered “taken” and charged at full schedule above price or against cull package quota. PRICES INCLUDE: •Hunting permits. • Temporary firearm import permits. •PH services. • Road transfers from Gaborone Airport and back or Polokwane and back. •Use of hunting vehicles. •Initial preparation of trophies – skinning, salting/drying and delivery to local taxidermist. •Accommodation. •All meals, soft drinks, reasonable amounts of wine and beer and locally available liquor. •Daily laundry and maid service. •There are no hidden fees!

PRICES EXCLUDE: •Airfare. • Lodging en route to/from Koch Safaris. Airport charged taxes and fees if any. •All taxidermist fees. •Dipping, packing and shipping of trophies. •International phone calls. •Insurance and medical expenses. •Tips and Gratuities.

TERMS OF BUSINESS: • Confirmation of a booking will require a deposit of 50% of hunt price. • The balance is due prior to departure for the airport. • Payment must be paid in cash or wire transfer or credit card.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quick update....

Know this all is very short notice and now, less than 30-days before the season closes etc., and very, very few people are in a position financially and time availability as well. But, here is one they took yesterday.

Mid 50's, still fresh and depending on the root when it dries/rots could still be over 50#.

I'm flying over this Thursday. Was already planning to be there anyway - not for giant mice, just PG. Will be spending staying at Kevin & Lindi Nell's Darnaway Farm that is just N of Saas Post in the Tuli Block where I've been hunting the previous few years. The plan is to stay with them the first 4-days and hunt on the next farm NW of them with Wim Biemond on his Bassinghall Farm. He's got a meet order to fill that week.

Then, Gerhard is coming to pick me up and we're heading N. up to CT27 and stay in the Kwandiwa River Lodge for 5-days. Plan is for me to spend some time with my boots and eyes on the ground in CT 27 and see it and the fly camps he's got set up. Also going to spend some time scouting and hunting another 90,000 hectare game farm he's using near CT27 for PG hunting up there.

Then back to Kevin's Darnaway farm and spend the last 4-days doing some management hunting on his place.

I've hunted Saas Post, Darnaway and Bassinghall previously and love all three. I want to see CT27 and the newly added farm. I plan on taking pics and will report on conditions and game counts etc when I get back after Labor Day weekend.

Even if someone from this forum can't make a giant mouse hunt at this late point, maybe pass this along to someone you may know who might. I do know this is a terrific value and I know IF Gerhard gets CT27 next year, prices will very likely be above what his original price was for this year - 10-days, 1x1 for $35k USD.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote