New
Find
Notify
Tools

Group hunt namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So I have done this before with people I know or new people just wanting to go to Africa but not on there own.

I have found a great place with awesome game numbers and quality. I have made some great new hunting friends doing this and everyone has a great time. It makes for some great pricing based on the group size. Can hunt 2x1 or 1x1 and wives or girlfriends are no problem. Even kids can come if you want to get them out hunting.

Was wondering if anyone would like to join in and see Namibia and have some good fun. Thinking july or aug of 2019 and it can be bow or rifle.

Hope to hear from some guys and add to my hunting friends

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems to me this belongs in the "hunts" section, and that the PH, pricing, etc should be disclosed per the rules of the forum.

Having said that my one and only experience with these group hunts is that they work well for social people who like group activities and can get along with a mixed bag of people. In other words, if you like the social aspect as much or more than the hunting, then it's a good solution. For those who value the hunting aspect and don't care much about the drinking/yarn spinning/yukking-it-up aspect, there are some compromises. The obvious risks are the group loudmouth, the group sad sack, and the risk of an unintentional discharge.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry if I had that at the wrong place. It is really not a hunt offer as it is not set stuff yet. I was trying to get a feeling if others were opened to this with others they may not know.

I have found even hunting with guys I don't know we all still hunted hard and had fun. If done right it can be done with no problems. Have done 3 group hunts so far 2 in SA and 1 in Namibia so far.

The outfitter and Ph is Pieter delport at Eintracht Jagd Safaris. My contact info is Bill capwell 484 866 3366 or email at capwe6@aol.com Hope that is enough info to keep post up.

Pricing is not really set up yet because it will be based on the group size.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is one package some guys did last year who went with me. kudu , oryx , mtn zebra , springbuck , warthog 7 hunt day 8 nights. 4750.00 all in no hidden fees.

can switch out kudu for eland for extra 200.00

I have taken 1 eland and my son took one this year with his bow both over 14 years old and mature bulls. I have also taken oryx from 38 to 42 a 53 kudu and a 16 springbuck and missed a bigger one. Plenty of mtn zebra around and one guy this year with me even took one with a bow. Nice waterbuck around also.

Huge free range areas 50,000 to 100,000 acres and some very big fenced areas as in 10,000 to 20,000 acres big.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the guy whom organizes this gets a discounted hunt out of it. Anyway that is the way many "booking agents" take their hunts.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
everyone who goes gets a discounted hunt. That is the idea of it. Let me know when you get a hunt priced for the price I posted above for those animals.

I can give anyone the contact info of the 2 guys who join me last year for a reference to see if they enjoyed and were happy with everything. One guy is a local friend other guy I met for the first time in the Namibia airport.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey I do not care what your partners pay vs. your cost none of my business . But anyone reading your posts here on AR most likely is fairly well versed in how group hunts work for the guy doing the leg work...be it TF discounts or free day rates, etc.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If everyone benefits, who cares?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed was what my thoughts were but don't want to get in a pissing match over it. I myself just enjoy having other hunters around and sharing a camp. I enjoy just watching to see everyone coming back at night showing what they have taken and the story they have to share.

To each there own though and I know it is not for everyone. Getting a group together brings down the cost enough I can go over more so that works for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey I do not care what your partners pay vs. your cost none of my business

Then why did you bring it up? You must have "cared".

Why not take bcap for his word in that he wants to meet other hunters, help them get a good hunt and have a good time?

I think its a great idea/offer.....

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
Saeed was what my thoughts were but don't want to get in a pissing match over it. I myself just enjoy having other hunters around and sharing a camp. I enjoy just watching to see everyone coming back at night showing what they have taken and the story they have to share.

To each there own though and I know it is not for everyone. Getting a group together brings down the cost enough I can go over more so that works for me.

I agree that meeting new people who share the same interest is exciting. We often combine smaller groups in Argentina to make the best use of the lodge and it also helps with the bird hunting. Rarely have we had issues, but more commonly new friendships are made.

Good luck with this. I’d love to go back to Africa with my father, but it may be too late now.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jason and dcs. I hope it is not to late and you can get your dad back over dcs. Last trip there was a dad and son over in SA with me. Dad was 76 and had a bad leg but had a great trip. They just hunted at his pace.

One of the sad parts is 2th doc is only maybe 20 minutes away and a fellow hunter and african hunter at that but we have never meet. Maybe one day that will change and we can share some story's as I think he thought he was helping others maybe so no big deal.

2 years ago a lacal group of guys went with me was 5 of us total to SA. It was a blast because we shoot together a few times before going and then flew over together. Made for a great trip in the end.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I generally go alone and would love to join a group hunt like this.
Unfortunately, those months won't work for my schedule (I am looking at September 2019).

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good offer for some one with no african experience or some one with no out of country travel experience. Just curious what route you take to Namibia.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I take jfk to jo-berg on SAA. leave at 11am get to jo-berg at 730am and get SAA flight to Namibia at 930 am same day. Bags get checked straight through to Namibia and no problems at all. Done that flight twice now.

Other guys have come in on flights that get in at same time but they leave earlier and have like 8 hours of extra flight time.

One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Looking at flights SAA have got a tad pricey.
I flew to Windhoek this year for a fabulous price out of Dublin with Ethiopian Airlines. Read half of SAA price.
Bit more for next year but SAA is creeping up also.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bcap just curious when did you hunt Namibia. On a package group hunt what would be a good estimate on cost from the time you leave home till you return. thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Pieter in 2017 and 2018. The cost depends a lot on what you want to hunt but airfare and a good hunt with 5 or 6 animals would run 7500 all in other then taxidermy if your doing any and that can be done at your pace.

Airfare in july or aug has been 1500 to 1800 for me on SAA. a kudu oryx springbuck mtn zebra and warthog 4750 tips I did was around 450 so all in for 7500 or under. That is 7 hunting days and 8 nights.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WEll since I have talked with a few guys I guess it is best to list some more info.

Home base is 1 1/2 hours from airport and if we switch camp it would be within another 1 1/2 tops just to be in another area for best chance for animals on guys lists. No long drives and with in 10 minutes of home lodge there is over 150,000 acres of hunting land mostly low fence. High fenced animals would be eland , impala , blesbuck ,Blue wildebeest and black wildebeest. All other animals will be low fenced unless hunter wants to hunt other animal in fenced areas by there choice.

The group prices if I can get 2 hunter plus me would be day fee at 230 a day 1x1

Kudu 1200 , eland 1350 , Red hartebeest 440 , oryx 475 , warthog 425 , steenbuck or duiker 275 each , springbuck 450 , blesbuck 600 , black wildebeest 1100 , blue wildebeest 950 , Mtn zebra 800 , waterbuck 1800 , common impala 675 , kilspringer 1000

I myself have taken a 53" kudu , 42" female oryx and 38 male and super old mature eland bull we tracked a 16" springbuck and many other animals. Have seen all animals on the list and trophy quality is top shelf. I wish it was not so hard to post picture here. Anyone wants to see some pictures of the quality just email me and ask and I will get them to you.

I have done my fair share of plains game hunting and this is hands down the best price for quality I have found ever.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Nice prices.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Nice prices.

They are very good prices and as I said I past on the good pricing for all. There has been a few outfitters in Namibia who have raised there prices in the last two years since guys started heading there way instead of SA. Pieter is not one of them.

I would say he is one of the best Ph I have ever hunted with also. Very good food nice lodge with good staff. Has been around along time just never really got in to the American market much.

We have a lot of fun hunting and at camp to so just overall a great time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a fantastic offer.
My first hunt was solo. Nothing like that feel after a loooong flight to the dark continent hoping and praying your outfitter is there.
Would have loved to do a group hunt like this.
Best of luck to all who get in on this.

Posts: 112 | Registered: 12 September 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bcap

pm sent!

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got it and sent one back. Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok well looks like the only dates I can make work at this point is sept 1 to sept 10. So any days in that time frame is when this hunt would happen.

Plans are to have it booked by end of oct if possible.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well just found out some dates for end of may into june have opened up. Can catch some of the kudu rut.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
You have to post who you will be hunting with, and their contact phone number.

And prices.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote