New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Archery Deer and Javelina
 Login/Join

posted
Hello to the AR crowd,

Long time lurker, rookie poster. My name is Matt Woodward, and I own and operate Borderland Adventures, an outfitting operation in Southern Arizona. We hunt all species in Arizona, but specialize in Coues Whitetail deer, Desert Mule deer, Elk and Javelina.

I have two openings for our January Archery deer season, here are some details:

Archery Coues or Desert mule deer, hunters choice, combined with Javelina. Deer tag is over the counter, Javelina is by drawing (100% odds) due in October. We can help with the draw process and obtaining tag/license.

The area we hunt has both deer species, we can focus on one, or hunt for “targets of opportunity”.

This is free range, public land hunt. Hunting is conducted by spot and stalk, using high quality optics in mountainous terrain.

This is not an easy hunt, but we have been 100% shooting opportunity for 5 years running. No guarantees.

No Trophy fee, hunt price is all inclusive. Pick-up and return to Tucson International Airport. Comfortable, well appointed camp consisting of wall tents and camper trailers.

Animals can be delivered to Wellers Wildlife Studio and to meat processor in Tucson, or we can help arrange shipping to your taxidermist.

I am fully licensed, insured, and National Forest permitted.
I am also a state licensed taxidermist, specializing in Dermestid beetle cleaned skulls/European mounts.

No sub guides, I will personally guide this hunt. 1 hunter/1 guide (with a 2x1 option listed below)

We will hunt terrain ranging from mesquite/greasewood flats below 3000ft elevation to steep, rocky mountainous terrain up to 7000ft. Hunters need to be in good physical condition, this is not a sheep hunt, but we like to hunt hard.

This is a rut hunt. Our Mule deer rut from mid-december thru early January. Our Coues whitetail deer rut in January, usually peaking in the last two weeks of January.
We look over a lot of deer in this hunt. Our mule deer average 140”-160”, with larger bucks hunted on every hunt. Coues deer average 65”-90”, with larger bucks seen and stalked every hunt. We will typically see Javelina every day, they are stalked as opportunities arise.

Non-residents of Arizona must purchase a Non-res hunting license for $151.25, a deer tag for $232.75, and a Javelina tag for $105.00. Total licensing cost $389.00

We have two 1x1 hunts at $2700 available for a 5 day deer/javelina combo
Or
This hunt can be done 2x1 for $2200 per hunter.

Open dates are January 6-10 and January 12-16, 2010.

Please, feel free to call or email for more information, or for a list of references.

Thank you,

Matt Woodward
(520)820-4728
matt@borderlandadventures.com
www.borderlandadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
can you use a crossbow on this hunt?
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry, crossbows are only legal on general rifle hunts in Arizona. The only exception is folks with a permanent disability, and special permit.

Thanks,

Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to see ya on here, Matt..

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome, Scott.

Keep me posted on your muzzy hunt.

Speaking of crossbows, we offer 3 day Javelina hunts, for $750, when a crossbow is legal in the general season. Great weather, Lots of fun, Lots of Javelina.