Find
Notify
Tools

The good wife
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents:

My good wife would like to send me to either assassinate hogs or a black bear for my 40th birthday this spring. Can anyone help us with recommendations?

Thanks!

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful wife you have!

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should check out some of those night time hog hunts in Texas. I think there is someone advertising here. They seem like a blast. I am trying to talk some buddies into going.

Thanks,

Greg

Posts: 201 | Location: Sonoma, California | Registered: 06 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Vancouver Island for Black Bear. All black, no color phases, big bears, and lots of 'em. You can shoot two while you're there.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Orrrr

You can book a Warthog/Bushpig Hunt with us in South Africa,

She said Hogs, not specific continent am i right,
Tis is your chance buddy,

I have 52 Hog hounds clamoring for your visit

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kwan:
Orrrr

I have 52 Hog hounds clamoring for your visit

A chase of bushpigs in and around sugarcane fields, and, I assume, almost any other crops that gets damaged, behind a pack of trained hog hounds is just about the most exciting and adrenalin overtopping activity one can get with a firearm in hand!

It's only your 40th - you should be able to be one of the front runners - GO FOR IT!

Kwan, whereabouts do you operate with your pack? I'd really like to join a damage animal control chase! Please?

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff, take a look at these websites. 1 I've hunted with, the other 2 I'm looking at, for next year. All are TX. hog hunts.

www.lazyrhunts.com/ [hunted with them]

www.ybarranch.com/

www.tomranch.com/

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Vancouver Island black bear. I hunted with this outfit two springs ago and had an excellent experience. Lots of bears, and huge bears as well.

http://www.trophywest.com/hunt...ered/black_bear.html

Posts: 11 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: 05 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TRY GANGLERS IN MANITOBA. ALL COLOR PHASES OF BLACKS. PLENTY OF BEAR AND GOOD FISHING. BACK IN 2005 OR 2006 THREE OF US TOOK A BLACK, CHOCOLATE, AND A CINNAMON.

THEY MAY OPERATE UNDER THE NAME OF CANDIAN SUB- ARTIC. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE LOCATING THEM ON THE INTERNET SEND ME A PM AND I WILL GET YOU IN TOUCH WITH KEN. IF YOU ARE IN RENO, KEN IS USUALLY THERE.

HARTLEY KITTLE

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We offer quality bear hunts in several states and Provinces of Canada. We also offer some very good hog hunts, some with unlimited numbers on how many hogs you can shoot.
My toll free numbers i 1-877-647-9926 or email me at sjadventures@cableone.net

sjadventures@cableone.net

one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Third generation night vision hunts at http://www.wildriverranchtexas.com/index.html I have hunted there for the last eight plus years. It is outside of Victoria, TX. Tell them Jeff sent you. Night vision hog hunts are a blast. The landowner guide has everything you need and is a great guy!!!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote