Notify
Tools

Caprivi Big Game Hunt Namibia 2021
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted
Good day Members

We are pleased to share with you that we have limited quota on some Dangerous Game hunts available in Namibia.
The hunt will take place in the Caprivi strip of Namibia and you will be guided by a registered Namibian Professional Hunter.

You will be accommodated at the Zhovo Elephant Lodge from where you will be hunting in the Kasika block.
This is a true "WILD" African experience with no fences at all.

Accommodation and Hunting fee
$650.00 per day

Accommodation and Observers fee
$300.00 per day

Dangerous Game Hunting License
$150.00 once off

Plains Game Hunting License (Optional)
$100.00 once off

Airport transfer from Windhoek to Caprivi (Optional)
$1000.00 return
There are flights available from Windhoek to Katima (operated by Air Namibia)

Elephant
$25000.00 Trophy exportable bull (10 Day hunt)
$8450.00 Non exportable / Own use (7 Day hunt)

Buffalo
$8500.00 Trophy exportable bull (10 Day hunt)
$6000.00 Non Exportable / Own Use (7 Day hunt)

Hippo
$7500.00 Trophy exportable bull (7 Day hunt)
$5500.00 Non exportable / Own use (7 Day hunt)

Crocodile
$6500.00 Trophy exportable (7 Day hunt)

Accommodation Includes
01. Service of a Licensed Professional Hunter
02. The service of trained trackers
03. The service of trained skinners
04. Hunting vehicle
05. Field preparation of trophies
06. Accommodation, meals and soft drinks as well as beer and wine in moderation
07. Daily laundry service

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve hunted Namibia numerous times. Don’t recall ever having to pay for either of the hunting licences you refer to?
Is this something new, or specific to Caprivi area perhaps?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
I’ve hunted Namibia numerous times. Don’t recall ever having to pay for either of the hunting licences you refer to?

This is nothing new, it might be that the permit requirements and fees were never reveal to you and they might have been included on the trophy fees or something else.
I believe that all costs in a Hunting Safaris should be revealed to the client prior to the hunt so there would be no surprises at the end.

HER IS A LINK
http://www.napha-namibia.com/l...-hunting-in-namibia/
The following is required regarding permits for trophy hunting:
* Permits must be issued prior to the hunt commencing;
* A separate permit must be issued for each individual hunting client;
* An extra, special permit is required for the large cats (leopard, cheetah, lion).

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Nice animals.

But why bother posting pictures of people who want their faces hidden?

It looks bloody awful!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I understand why they blocked out the photos; because the anti's intentionally try to identify people and beat them up on social media, harrass their businesses, their employers, their family members, etc.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
I understand why they blocked out the photos; because the anti's intentionally try to identify people and beat them up on social media, harrass their businesses, their employers, their family members, etc.

True.

But why people don't take pictures without them in them?

By blocking their faces, hunters admit defeat, and shame of what they are doing.

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:

True.

But why people don't take pictures without them in them?

By blocking their faces, hunters admit defeat, and shame of what they are doing.

Saeed... I have said the same. Many pictures are taken by both the PH and hunter. And pictures are taken with the animal only. So they should use those.

I know my PH's in the past have taken picture with them and the trackers. That is the pictures that they should use.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
What is 'own use'? Does the hunter have a legal license and permit to hunt the animal? If so why not exportable?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Own use is for the community. Client hunters are allowed to cull a bull or cow depending on the permits but the "trophy" stays in Namibia.

In most instances, the PH donates a portion or all of the trophy fee (can either be full till or reduced fee) to the community. The same goes with problem animal permits.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Own use is for the community. Client hunters are allowed to cull a bull or cow depending on the permits but the "trophy" stays in Namibia.

In most instances, the PH donates a portion or all of the trophy fee (can either be full till or reduced fee) to the community. The same goes with problem animal permits.

Thanks

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A trophy bull fee is generally in the range of $12,500 - $14,000. The community own use and/or problem elephant fee is typically reduced to the $3,500 range. So there is a significant reduction in cost to incentivise the operator to book an Own Use hunt for the community's benefit.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bossie- I'm not trying to bust your balls, but hunting permits in Namibia for both plains game and big game cost 100 Namibian Dollars. Aka...6.00 USD.

Also, there's not a concession named Kasane Block in the caprivi, so you might want to clarify which hunting concession this hunt is being offered in.

Good Luck!

quote:
Originally posted by Limpopo Big Game Safaris:
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:

This is nothing new, it might be that the permit requirements and fees were never reveal to you and they might have been included on the trophy fees or something else.
I believe that all costs in a Hunting Safaris should be revealed to the client prior to the hunt so there would be no surprises at the end.

HER IS A LINK
http://www.napha-namibia.com/l...-hunting-in-namibia/
The following is required regarding permits for trophy hunting:
* Permits must be issued prior to the hunt commencing;
* A separate permit must be issued for each individual hunting client;
* An extra, special permit is required for the large cats (leopard, cheetah, lion).

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Strange that the lodge is just on the outskirts of town.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, there's not a concession named Kasane Block in the caprivi, so you might want to clarify which hunting concession this hunt is being offered in.

Good Luck!

quote:
Originally posted by Oryxhunter1983:
Bossie- I'm not trying to bust your balls, but hunting permits in Namibia for both plains game and big game cost 100 Namibian Dollars. Aka...6.00 USD.

The permits are not handled by myself, I make use of an agent in Namibia who applies and collects the permits before we arrive. Thus ensuring that everything is taken care. Therefore, there is a fee.
It could be compared with the same argument as the rifle permits in South Africa, It actually costs nothing for the permit but due to the fact that it can be pre-issued there is a fee of up $150.00 involved.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Oryxhunter1983: Also, there's not a concession named Kasane Block in the caprivi, so you might want to clarify which hunting concession this hunt is being offered in.

Good Luck! [QUOTE]

My apologies for the misinformation, the hunting block is Kasika and is opposite Kasane.
The hunt will take place in the Kasika Conservancy

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just returned for a great trip and successful hunt in Namibia.

Our trip started in central Namibia where we hunted Black Faced Impala and Damara Dik-Dik.
From there we moved up to Kasika where we hunted Hippo and Buffalo, then we traveled all the way back to the East to continue our hunt.

LBG Namibia Latest hunt

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Nice animals.

But why bother posting pictures of people who want their faces hidden?

It looks bloody awful!

100% totally agree. For me it's a turn off and I usually go no further with that outfitter.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
To hunt Buff, Hippo, and Croc = $22,500 in trophy fees alone which is very steep.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Bossie, most of those pictures are from animals NOT hunted in Kasika. And the PH on them, is just a plains game PH, NOT a big game PH.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl S:
Bossie, most of those pictures are from animals NOT hunted in Kasika. And the PH on them, is just a plains game PH, NOT a big game PH.

Hi Karl

I am well aware of the fact that the Ph in the pictures is not licensed for DG in Namibia.
However he is not the designated PH for the hunts conducted in Kasika, these hunts will all be guided by a licensed DG professional hunter as we did
two weeks ago.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi Karl

I am well aware of the fact that the Ph in the pictures is not licensed for DG in Namibia.
However he is not the designated PH for the hunts conducted in Kasika, these hunts will all be guided by a licensed DG professional hunter as we did
two weeks ago.

Do you also know that both the elephants in your post were shot by MY clients on MY concessions?

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No I am not.

I'll have the Outfitter and PH call you if you want to discuss the matter.

Kind Regards
Bossie and DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
+27711528411

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limpopo Big Game Safaris:
No I am not.

I'll have the Outfitter and PH call you if you want to discuss the matter.

By the looks of it you don’t really know what you are offering, which is misleading!

Why does he have to talk to them to discuss it?

YOU are the one who should make sure that your offer is genuine!

It is very annoying to see offers which are not clear cut.

This is the sort of thing giving South African outfitters offering hunts in other countries a bad name!

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
I have spoken to the outfitter in this case. The PH that will likely do the hunts were in my employ, thus the use of some of my clients photos. Bossie has since removed these photos, so I am happy. I also know the guy that owns the area, and I know the area from hunting there a few times, so offer are legitimate.

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl S:
I have spoken to the outfitter in this case. The PH that will likely do the hunts were in my employ, thus the use of some of my clients photos. Bossie has since removed these photos, so I am happy. I also know the guy that owns the area, and I know the area from hunting there a few times, so offer are legitimate.

Glad this has been worked out.

Having a dispute on a hunting area or PHs regarding an offer does not in spire confidence.

May be in the future PHs can sort things out between them before bringing this up on a public forum.