THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Tholo Safaris Botswana Group Hunt 2020- new dates -June
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tholo Safaris Botswana Group Hunt 2020- new dates -June
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Hi All,

As many know, I have done group trips to Tholo Safaris for 3 of the past 4 years. They have really produced some incredible animals, and I have spots booked for two groups in 2020 during the kudu rut. We had a number of 58-64" kudu taken this year, a 60" and 64" being the largest. You can also see my recent report from the past trip at

Tholo Hunt Report

I have an 8 day hunt booked at Tholo on the home property June 17-26 and an 8 day hunt booked at the sister property Bokomoso on June 22-July 1.

8 Day Package: includes 9 nights/8 hunting days and trophy fees for eland, kudu, gemsbok, zebra, blue wildebeest, impala, jackal

2x1 8- Day package will be $7950 per hunter.
Vat to add is $360.

Rifle use is free - you pay actual cost on ammo shot.
Rifle permits are currently $160 if you bring your own.
Ground transport is also excluded. In the groups it has run about $150/person as we split the charges. That can vary with group size.

Feel free to contact me at
Tim@trophyadventures.com
859-608-9331
This is through Worldwide Trophy Adventures (www.worldwidetrophyadventures.com) and Tholo Safaris

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rifle use is free - you pay actual cost on ammo shot.
Tim may I compliment you/Tholo on this policy. Times are changing, and not traveling with firearms makes a lot of sense for many people, especially if touring before/after the hunting. But a quality rifle/scope is a necessary component, just like the Cruiser...

A Few Trip Reports:
Namibia Family Holiday with Shona Adventures 2016
Bubye Valley Conservancy Father/Son PG & Lion Research 2013
Dande East Elephant Bull Hunt 2012
Dande North Tuskless Elephant & Buffalo Late Season 2011
Cameroon Lord Derby Eland Tracking Hunt 2008
Makuti Tuskless Elephant & Plainsgame Pictures 2008
Deka (Zimbabwe) Elephant Bull 2007
Luangua Valley with Peter Chipman 2004

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Agree Bill. Tholo bought a battery of different caliber Bkasers and topped all with leupold scooes 2 years ago. Everything from .308 and 30-06 to .416.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I plan on using one, preferably with a sound moderator.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I plan on using one, preferably with a sound moderator.

I'll be anxious to hear how your hunt goes. Tholo looks like one a guy has got to do at least once.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Agree Bill. Tholo bought a battery of different caliber Bkasers and topped all with leupold scooes 2 years ago. Everything from .308 and 30-06 to .416.

Bloody hell!

Couldn’t they have picked some half decent rifles? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
hahaha! I am going to reinstate this hunt- just working on different dates

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Administrator
posted Hide Post
May be you should ask them to offer proper rifles for hunting, not bloody Blasers!

I really dislike that silly action!

And I do not like any of the other German contraptions that have straight pulls or moving actions etc.

A turn bolt is what I like!

And right now Sako is the only European rifle maker that makes decent rifles.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
new dates posted.
4 spots at Tholo sold.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
May be you should ask them to offer proper rifles for hunting, not bloody Blasers!

And I do not like any of the other German contraptions that have straight pulls or moving actions etc.

Saeed,

do you not consider bolt rifles from Rigby, Westley Richards, Holland & Holland, Sauer, Mauser M03, M98 and such to be honest and proper European hunting rifles ???

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Saeed,

Just Sako ? Not Mauser M03 - M98, Sauer 202 - 404, Rigby, HH or Westley Richards ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I too like the Sako's. I got a .300 about 2 years ago and really like it.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim,

What is the group size?

Steve

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Will be about 8 at Tholo and 6 at Bokomoso.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of EddieWalker
posted Hide Post
I'm not interested in this package, but I am interested in hunting Mozambique at some time for free range cape buffalo. Where do hunters fly into to be picked up?

Posts: 129 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: 23 December 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EddieWalker:
I'm not interested in this package, but I am interested in hunting Mozambique at some time for free range cape buffalo. Where do hunters fly into to be picked up?

The airport.

Sorry Eddie, I'm a dick.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whats Moz. Buffalo got to do with Tims hunt offer for Botswana Plains Game??????

Start a new thread on another forum guys, this one is for hunts offered..........

Posts: 47 | Location: Here and there ....... | Registered: 27 February 2018Reply With Quote