THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Incredible deals Tanzania Luke Samaras Safaris in Selous
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incredible deals Tanzania Luke Samaras Safaris in Selous
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Luke Samaras Safaris
Agent Tim Herald -Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com
859-608-9331

Luke Samaras has a very good reputation for quality hunts in Tanzania and has some of, if not the best blocks in the Selous.

These prices are for this year only, and are incredible. Give me a shout if interested...

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

10-Day Buffalo:                       $18,000 (1x1) Package

10-Day Buffalo:                       $17,000 (2x1) Package

10-Day Buffalo:                       $16,000 (4x2) Package

14-Day Leopard:                     $28,950 (1x1) Package

16-Day Lion:                $37,500 (1x1) Package

21-Day Full Bag:                      $47,950 (1x1) Package

Included in Package;

Full Hunting Days/PH & Crew/Safari Truck & Fuel/Camp-Staff-Services-Block/All Permits/ Meet & Greet/ Gun Import/Basic Beverage/Hotel Nights/Camp Transfers/Field Trophy Care.

Not Included;

Trophy Fees, Gratuities, Trophy Shipment,

International Travel, Personals, Insurances & Extras not mentioned.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Wish I was sitting on $140,000 I didn't need.

If a guy did the 21 day and shot everything on license it would be $122,400, I reckon tips and shipping, and trophy care would push you to $140,000 to 150,000.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

If a guy did the 21 day and shot everything on license it would be $122,400, I reckon tips and shipping, and trophy care would push you to $140,000 to 150,000.

What's the point of a post like that where a guy is making a hunt offer. It's akin to post crapping on a for sale offering in the Classified's forum. Poor form. Not to mention it smacks of the green eyed monster.

The fact is, Tanzania is expensive and we all know that. For those of us who have been able to hunt places like Zim, there are some really good and doable deals in Tim's offering for Tanzania. That 10 day buffalo hunt being one of them, especially where you can take 2 bulls. If I wasn't booked with Buzz this year, that's one deal I would have been interested in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We hunted with Luke a few years ago and came away impressed not only with his operation but his corner of the Selous. I would certainly hunt with him again.

There aren't too many legendary African PHs left, and fewer every year, but Luke falls into that category!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ongwe:
We hunted with Luke a few years ago and came away impressed not only with his operation but his corner of the Selous. I would certainly hunt with him again.

There aren't too many legendary African PHs left, and fewer every year, but Luke falls into that category!

I agree about Samaras.

How bad were the elephant hammered when you were there?

Posts: 1859 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Elephants are making a come back.

We hunt Tanzania every year, and have noticed a visible difference in their presence.

Very happy to see this happening.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66898 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

What's the point of a post like that where a guy is making a hunt offer. It's akin to post crapping on a for sale offering in the Classified's forum. Poor form. Not to mention it smacks of the green eyed monster.

The fact is, Tanzania is expensive and we all know that. For those of us who have been able to hunt places like Zim, there are some really good and doable deals in Tim's offering for Tanzania. That 10 day buffalo hunt being one of them, especially where you can take 2 bulls. If I wasn't booked with Buzz this year, that's one deal I would have been interested in.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So you raise your flag and complain about me, and then talk about how you are doing a $20,000 hunt and it is the same thing. It is not the same thing! You are walking into a Jaguar dealership and driving out the 10 year old XJS12 and telling everyone you bought a Jag like a jerk.

I am not jealous about anything, I am talking about $140,000 hunt. Are you going on the $140,000 hunt? Sure you were. It is probably $100,000 over the cost of your hunt with Buzz if not $120,000 more.

I was actually shocked that the total price was only $140-150,000. The 10 day buffalo hunt is a reasonable deal.

No one crapped on his free advertisement that he paid nothing for. I think it is neat that Tanzania still has 21 day big 4 hunts. BUT, I can't see a situation where I would pull my retirement fund to do a hunt like that.

Doesn't make me jealous. You misread or misunderstood what I was writing about.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So you raise your flag and complain about me, and then talk about how you are doing a $20,000 hunt and it is the same thing. It is not the same thing! You are walking into a Jaguar dealership and driving out the 10 year old XJS12 and telling everyone you bought a Jag like a jerk.

I am not jealous about anything, I am talking about $140,000 hunt. Are you going on the $140,000 hunt? Sure you were. It is probably $100,000 over the cost of your hunt with Buzz if not $120,000 more.

I was actually shocked that the total price was only $140-150,000. The 10 day buffalo hunt is a reasonable deal.

No one crapped on his free advertisement that he paid nothing for. I think it is neat that Tanzania still has 21 day big 4 hunts. BUT, I can't see a situation where I would pull my retirement fund to do a hunt like that.

Doesn't make me jealous. You misread or misunderstood what I was writing about.

From your response above, I'd say I had you figured correctly the first time.

coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hunting in Tanzania is expensive, but sure is infinitely better than some of the specialized hunts for some exotics in other parts of the world.

It is your money, and if you can afford it, and wish to do it, it is no ones business.

Doing something one enjoys has no comparison, and one cannot put a monetary value on it.

The memories last a life time.

Posts: 66898 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Hunting in Tanzania is expensive, but sure is infinitely better than some of the specialized hunts for some exotics in other parts of the world.

It is your money, and if you can afford it, and wish to do it, it is no ones business.

Doing something one enjoys has no comparison, and one cannot put a monetary value on it.

The memories last a life time.

tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking at it another way. If you did the lion hunt, shot a hippo for bait, it would be right at 50k. That's not bad in todays lion market.

Posts: 1859 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
Looking at it another way. If you did the lion hunt, shot a hippo for bait, it would be right at 50k. That's not bad in todays lion market.

I don't think that is realistic; you would have to get awfully lucky. Those baits are not going to last forever.

I did a 21 day with Luke in the Selous; best hunt I have ever had. Fulvio was my PH. TFs are notably higher.

Unless Luke has changed his policy, you pay for all alcohol. Add $1500 for a full bag hunt since you will buy the crew beer for each kaboobie party.

I didn't take BWW's post in a negative manner; he was just saying if had the money, he would go on the hunt.

Giving an update on status of importing leopard, lion, and ele from Tanz would be helpful; I notice some agents put in bold letters you might face issues.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the financial world back in the 80s, there were two kinds of players. BSDs and the rest. BSDs bagged the biggest deals, got the biggest bonuses, drove the latest exotic cars, owned a house in the Hamptons and were generally full of themselves.

Well there was a third type who I would call BSD wannabes. Those guys had the swagger but they never had the swag. In Texas we would call them "all hat and no cattle". Well maybe they could manage a 10 year-old Jag.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have met many people like you talk about Russ. My co-worker makes $100,000 a year, has a $450,000 house and drives a $65,000 2018 Ford Platinum F150, and bitches about every mile he drives.

Thanks Tony. Well yes, exactly.

No matter how you slice it a $150,000 hunt is an incredible amount of money. The number of people that are working age folks able to do this is limited. Unless they turn in their 401K. Most of them probably don't have the ability to even do that.

There are lot of hunts I'd like to do, but you either have the money or you don't. I don't, but it is fun to think about.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Sure seems like some are caught up in "appearances", labeling anyone interested in hunting Tanzania for anything less than a full bag 21 day hunt or driving a used car as a poseur of some sorts. BTW, that has to be one of the most random connections I've seen, but I guess when you see the world through green lenses ... , but I digress.

For one, I'm glad to see some Tanzania offerings lately that are similar in price to other great destinations that have traditionally been less expensive. Tim with this offering and I think it was Arjun who had one last year for an exploratory hunt or new area. I hope we see some more in the future. I've never shied away from driving used cars!!

Cool

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have met many people like you talk about Russ. My co-worker makes $100,000 a year, has a $450,000 house and drives a $65,000 2018 Ford Platinum F150, and bitches about every mile he drives.

Thanks Tony. Well yes, exactly.

No matter how you slice it a $150,000 hunt is an incredible amount of money. The number of people that are working age folks able to do this is limited. Unless they turn in their 401K. Most of them probably don't have the ability to even do that.

There are lot of hunts I'd like to do, but you either have the money or you don't. I don't, but it is fun to think about.

Sounds like he is living beyond his means. Anyone spending 65% of their annual income on a vehicle should have their head examined.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Getting back to the original ad and since I sell similar hunts I can tell you any of those prices are excellent in today's market. I'd look at this closely if I was interested in the Selous.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12856 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’d like to pull it off if possible at some point. Like Saeed says it’s the experience and memories that matter. We can all go at any point (I’ve seen it happen) so putting it off just may make your family a bit better off. I can’t take it all with me WinkSo I’m looking at getting the experiences

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2845 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luke samaras is as straight shooter and his areas speak for themselves. His PHs, Paddy Curtis being one of them, are always top notch and his camps are well run.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Elephants are making a come back.

We hunt Tanzania every year, and have noticed a visible difference in their presence.

Very happy to see this happening.

Elephants can’t reproduce that fast. My hope is they
were holed up in the thickest of thickets during the carnage. Hopefully as a result elephants were undercounted during the 2015 survey (15,000). With the cease in poaching sounds like the elephants are venturing out again. Maybe future surveys will hold some pleasant suprises?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The serous is a fantastic place to hunt.

We have been hunting there, in several different areas, for many years.

We love it.

If you can afford it, I would not hesitate it taking this offer.