Find
Notify
Tools

Nkwe Safaris Botswana Packages
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Nkwe Safaris 2022 Packages. Come Hunt Botswana

Hunts will take place in Ghanzi Botswana. Arrival and departure will be from Maun Airport. Camp is a 3 hour drive from airport. Camp consists of 4 safari tents and 2 chalets (Hunters choice). Hunts are sold all inclusive. No Hidden or Extra charges.

Included
Transfer to and from Maun Airport
All meals lodging and drinks (cool drinks and local beer wine and spirits)
Trophy Prep and delivery to Taxidermy
Gun Use (If not bringing own)

Not Included
Dip and Pack
Airfare
Any before or after expenses
Ammo (If using our rifles, we ask you pay for ammo used)

All packages include 7 full hunting days

Kudu Package
1 Trophy Kudu
1 Kudu Cow
1 Zebra
1 Trophy Blue Wildebeest
1 Trophy Impala
1 Duiker
1 Jackal
Total $5,000

Gemsbok Package
1 Trophy Gemsbok
1 Gemsbok Cow
1 Zebra
1 Trophy Blue Wildebeest
1 Trophy Warthog
1 Steenbok
1 Jackal
Total $5,000

Eland Package
1 Eland Bull
1 Eland Cow
1 Zebra
1 Trophy Blue Wildebeest
1 Trophy Impala
1 Trophy Warthog
1 Jackal
Total $5,500

All Around Package (All Trophy Animals)
1 Kudu
1 Gemsbok
1 Eland
1 Zebra
1 Blue Wildebeest
1 Impala
1 Warthog
Total $7,500

CULL PACKAGE
(2x1: 2 Hunters: Sharing)
2 Gemsbok
2 Eland Bulls
2 Eland Cows
2 Zebra
2 Blue Wildebeest
2 Jacal
Total $8,000

Day Fees:
1 Hunter to 1 PH $350 per day
2 Hunters to 1 PH $250 per day
Observer $150 per day

Trophy Fees:
Kudu $1500
Eland $1600
Waterbuck $1400
Blue Wildebeest $600
Zebra $600
Gemsbok $1000
Red Hartabeest $1000
Impala $400
Giraffe $2500
Warthog $350
Springbok $500
Duiker $200
Steenbok $200

Matt Egan
Mattegan36@gmail.com
484-576-3848

Posts: 141 | Location: Pennsylvania  | Registered: 18 July 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So all inclusive packages means all trophy fees are included in one package price?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir
All trophy fees
Accommodations meals and drinks
Transfers to and from Maun Airport
Gun Use (We ask client pays for ammo)
Trophy care and delivery to taxidermist

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This seems like a damn good offer!

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Jaco is a great guy

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Matthew, I am a bit confused (a frequent condition for me, unfortunately). If all of the packages include trophy fees, then why are trophy fees separately listed?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Matthew, I am a bit confused (a frequent condition for me, unfortunately). If all of the packages include trophy fees, then why are trophy fees separately listed?

Just a guess but I would say so you can see what you save on a package or what extra animals would cost you if you wanted to hunt more animals

Posts: 554 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi Michael
Sorry for confusion. I just listed the trophy fees in case someone wanted to add anything. Trophy fees are included in the packages listed.

Thank you
Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
quote:

Correct sir. Thank you

Just a guess but I would say so you can see what you save on a package or what extra animals would cost you if you wanted to hunt more animals

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew J Egan:
quote:

Hi Michael
Sorry for confusion. I just listed the trophy fees in case someone wanted to add anything. Trophy fees are included in the packages listed.

Thank you
Matt

Got it. Thanks.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What happens when some animals are not shot?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66763 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Jaco in 2019. Absolutely an amazing hunt. Both the quality and quantity of game is 100%. I took 11 plains game animals with my .450-400 and all dropped to one shot (but I did put a finishing shot into a gemsbok and eland). The trophies included a pair of 38" eland bulls and three gemsbok of 37-39-40 1/2 inches. Jaco is honest as the day is long in Alaska's summers and he will keep you laughing in camp with his humor. His cook, Godfried, made the best damn food I have ever served to me in all of my hunting. And, if you want a second gemsbok or eland or whatever, Jaco will do you right. PM for more information or photos. I also did a hunt report here on AR you can find. You will be a half hour from Ghanzi and can go there to shop or restaurant dinner. Botswana is a 100% clean and friendly country. No worries, no trash on the highways. If there was snow in Botswana, I would move there!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How big is the hunting area? Any fences?

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tex84:
How big is the hunting area? Any fences?

Matt and answer better than I, but I recall the area was 90,000 acres where I hunted and the only fances were low, old cattle fences--an not many of them. As free range as it gets.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If it has a fence, of any size, it is NOT free range!

Posts: 66763 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
There is not a game animal in Africa that can’t go under, over or through a cattle fence…… coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Interesting that you would say that.

I remember seeing a fence in Tanzania while out tracking cape buffalo one day in the Selous Game Reserve. I asked what it was doing out there in the middle of know where. I spotted the fence, it was an old post with wire and a sign on it. There were a few additional post and the wire was attached to the posts.

Does that mean, if you hunt in the Selous it would be considered a fenced property? You know fence post and wire that meets your criteria for not being free range.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
There is not a game animal in Africa that can’t go under, over or through a cattle fence…… coffee

+1 gemsbok and zebra will go under along with most of the smaller Antilope. All others will go over

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
quote:

Interesting that you would say that.

I remember seeing a fence in Tanzania while out tracking cape buffalo one day in the Selous Game Reserve. I asked what it was doing out there in the middle of know where. I spotted the fence, it was an old post with wire and a sign on it. There were a few additional post and the wire was attached to the posts.

Does that mean, if you hunt in the Selous it would be considered a fenced property? You know fence post and wire that meets your criteria for not being free range.

I have been hunting Tanzania, different areas, for many years.

Never saw a fence.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What has been described above was definitely NOT the remains of a game fence but more likely an abandoned worksite from the drilling project that was conducted almost 50 years ago by GeoSource throughout the entire Selous Game Reserve and you will still find the rusted remnants of other pieces of abandoned materials related to the project to this day.

Other than that, the Selous Game Reserve has no fences nor have any other hunting areas throughout Tanzania.

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Nkwe May 2019 on a block that was high-fenced. It was a 40,000 acre block, that translates into a mere, 160 square kilometres. That was the first three days on eland and a blue wildebeest; both successful. On the eland hunt, Jaco, the guide, excellent by the way, walked 19.6km on the hunt that day. High hence or not, noting Saeed’s comments, there’s a shit-load of country to hunt. Not hard, because it’s flat. Any way, I highly recommend Nkwe. The tented accommodation is fine, the food truely excellent, and Jaco is a top guide and will do his utmost to get you your animals. They are all there. Up to how much effort you want to put into your hunt. Forgert the fences, you can walk your balls off if that’s what you want. This is not a paid endorsement. Cheers.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Nothing like seeing and hearing Jaco talking bushmen language like his own is amazing
He is truly great guy one way or the other

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone

Yes the main area where the camp is high fenced. It is a massive area where you must work for your game. All game is completely naturally occurring. There is no internal fences. I understand that is not everyones cup of tea. You can walk all day in the sun tracking Eland and I promise you won't see a fence.

Jaco is a great guy. Honest as can be. An excellent PH who spent most of his life in the bush. Yes it is amazing to listen to him speak bushman.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

+1 gemsbok and zebra will go under along with most of the smaller Antilope. All others will go over

We have 6000 Gemsbok on 2.2 million acres on White Sands Missile Range. Just like pronghorn antelope they will always go under.

I do remember an old Gordon Eastman VHS video that featured a pronghorn buck jumping a fence. Only time I have ever seen it. I grew up in Riverton and Casper, Wyoming. I have seen millions of antelope in my life, never seen that until then.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Do hunters get a refund for animals in the package that are not shot?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only seen one antelope buck jump a fence. It could not go under because of its horns .. and finally went over the fence (it was getting the hell out of Dodge at the time) and although the fence was maybe three feet high it left an explosion of hair behind. Ouch!

I went on my first safari in 1977 (the bandits charged me $250 a day back then and I was happy to pay it! Smiler so Matt's price seems like a heck of a deal.

I reckon that I am going to Botswana and have fun. I am not low on any of the critters listed but it will be great to be back in Africa and just enjoy the hunting without the pressure so often brought on by -----------------. You can fill in the blanks if you wish .. Smiler

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do hunters get a refund for animals in the package that are not shot?

Absolutely

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wotnxt:
I hunted with Nkwe May 2019 on a block that was high-fenced. It was a 40,000 acre block, that translates into a mere, 160 square kilometres. That was the first three days on eland and a blue wildebeest; both successful. On the eland hunt, Jaco, the guide, excellent by the way, walked 19.6km on the hunt that day. High hence or not, noting Saeed’s comments, there’s a shit-load of country to hunt. Not hard, because it’s flat. Any way, I highly recommend Nkwe. The tented accommodation is fine, the food truely excellent, and Jaco is a top guide and will do his utmost to get you your animals. They are all there. Up to how much effort you want to put into your hunt. Forgert the fences, you can walk your balls off if that’s what you want. This is not a paid endorsement. Cheers.

Thanks Robert

Picture of whitewater bob
posted Hide Post
Most of the hunt prices I have seen in Botswana have been too high for me. But not this one. This is a great offer and puts a dream destination in reach of us working guys...........thanks for posting the offer...WWB

Posts: 16 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 February 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bob. That is our goal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello All

We still have some availability in August and September if anyone is interested.

posted Hide Post
I am wheel chair bound. Can someone like me have a reasonable chance of success?

Posts: 13 | Location: Minnesota/South Dakota USA | Registered: 10 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JDB

I don’t see why not. We should talk in more detail. Please email me at Mattegan36@gmail.com or call me 484-576-3848.

Thank you

Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDB:
I am wheel chair bound. Can someone like me have a reasonable chance of success?

A service as such was catered for to someone in a similar unfortunate predicament with remarkable success in spite of many hurdles, here in Tanzania.

I say remarkable success because in Tanzania outfitters do not create and/or maintain artificial feeding/watering lots as one would find in South Africa and possibly in its neighboring countries.

This kind of operation has been devised to provide the ideal/desired conditions for bow-hunters in particular and IMO would be the ideal set up for you.

Alternatively, in those countries you would likely also be shooting off the back of the truck.

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for your words of encouragement. Matt, I’ll be in touch

Posts: 13 | Location: Minnesota/South Dakota USA | Registered: 10 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]

[URL= ]