THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Antelope Hunt For 2! TX Private Lands Guided Oct 4-12 Borden Co. Texas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Antelope Hunt For 2! TX Private Lands Guided Oct 4-12 Borden Co. Texas
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Gentleman, I am new, so thanks for having me on your site. Smiler

I have two TPWD Antelope Tags on a private ranch located near Gail, TX in the Big Ranch Country. These Texas tags are hard to find and this ranch has an impressive number of antelope. This is a fully guided hunt for two hunters.

The guide will be either the owner of the ranch or his son, both of whom live on the ranch and work the ranch on a daily basis. Scouting is available prior to the hunt, but the tags must be purchased prior to getting on the ranch. I don't want it to sound like we are hiding something but these are very private people.

Hunt will be on contiguous 30,000+ acre ranch. The ranch is all low-fenced and these are free ranging animals.

Available anytime between October 4-12.

This ranch has extremely low hunting pressure and odds are just about 100% that we can fill two tags. You will get to see quite a few and select the largest two. This is not a cull hunt and you will not be pressured to take the first one that comes along.

This would also be a great father/son/daughter/wife (whatever!) hunt or great hunt for employees and clients. You will be treated very respectfully and have a great time. This is a working ranch and is very scenic, with live river bottoms, creeks and rolling terrain. There is very little oil production and no distraction.

Rifle hunting preferred but bow hunting is also a possibility. Let me know how you want to hunt, we can probably make it happen.

Hunting can be stalk and spot, in ground blinds or by driving the ranch. This would also be a great hunt if you have special needs. This hunt can be as tough as you want it to be or as easy as you want. Again, odds are very good.

Sorry, but I can not separate the tags. Asking $9,000 for the pair.

Call me for any additional information.

Thanks for looking.

Charlie Middleton
806-786-0313
1507 13th Street
Lubbock, Texas

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Just curious. Have you ever priced what say a pronghorn hunt in Wyoming costs, or an elk hunt costs or what an African safari costs?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sure I have! I also know what time is worth. This ranch is located just about 70 miles from the Permian Basin. A guy can literally get off work and head out to the ranch to scout with the guide, hunt the next day and if successful go home that evening. In and out with a nice trophy.

I get where you are coming from, and I am fully aware that this isn't for everyone, but for the guy that has some disposable income and lives close this is a deal.

Thanks again for having me here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure some company man making $1400 a day will jump all over this. It sounds like a great experience, I was very interested, bc this would be perfect for a myself and a friend who do work in the permian. However, the sticker shock certainly slowed me down.

Thanks for the post, please post pics of the trophies when it's all over! If it's as good as you say, you should hopefully get some 80" booners!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR.

You can leave now.

You must be joking? For a speed goat?

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'd say thanks for the warm welcome but.... Haha

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Guys, that is the mans price. You can either pay it or move on. It really floors me how someone can tell me what I can price something for if I own it.

Sir good luck selling your hunt,and welcome!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
It really floors me how someone can tell me what I can price something for if I own it.

No one is doing any such thing. It's not like posters are saying, "You need to re-price this at $4000 for the pair". People are, however justifiably poking fun at someone who has priced their Ford F150 as a Mercedes S-class. Big difference.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
Guys, that is the mans price. You can either pay it or move on. It really floors me how someone can tell me what I can price something for if I own it.

Sir good luck selling your hunt,and welcome!

Ed

+1 tu2

tu2

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Plus 1. Welcome to Accurate Reloading.

Simple concept folks, anyone can ask whatever they want for any hunts they are offering.

I have offered quite a few hunts on here and no where in the rules for posting hunts is anything stated about hunt prices have to be within a certain price range dependent upon species or location.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
perhaps some reference would help? Namely trophy expectation, either what has been taken in the past or legitimately what is consistently seen on the ranch? If the answer is 60"-70" goats, I would have to agree with many of those expressing sticker shock. If the answer is 80"+, this is about the market price. That said, anyone can ask anything they want, doesn't mean it will sell, but also doesn't mean they should be asked to "leave".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
perhaps some reference would help? Namely trophy expectation, either what has been taken in the past or legitimately what is consistently seen on the ranch? If the answer is 60"-70" goats, I would have to agree with many of those expressing sticker shock. If the answer is 80"+, this is about the market price. That said, anyone can ask anything they want, doesn't mean it will sell, but also doesn't mean they should be asked to "leave".

+1 Brad tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
@Safari James: First of all - thanks for your service. Your profile shows you were/are in the USMC. You are an American Hero and I appreciate you and your service. We could never do enough for the guys that risk everything to defend our families and our country. I wish I could shake the hand of every man that has served. This goes out to everyone on the site. Thank you.

Your profile also shows you are in Texas, but it does not say where. Being a local Lone Star guy, I am sure you are aware of the kind of money that is being made in Midland and the Permian Basin. That is the market on this deal. This ranch is right there in the backyard of these guys - thus the price. It was not advertized as a working mans antelope hunt or a hunt on the cheap.

@Tendrams: Again, this hunt is marketed toward a select group in an area where there is a lot of money being made in the oil field. Believe it or not, my phone is ringing from other ads I have on other sites for this hunt and price has not been a factor. Those other sites are more locally based, though.

As far as what can be expected on this hunt goes I can tell you I have seen one goat on the ranch that pushes 80". More common on this property will be mid-70" goats, with many low 70"ers. Numbers are good, but not if you compare this ranch to Eastern New Mexico or parts of Wyoming where you can throw a rock and hit one.

This deal will fit the right guys. Also, the ad does say Asking $9,000. This could be negotiable Smiler

As far as advertizing which ranch the hunt will be on - I can't. This is at the request of the landowner. He has no issues with me giving a tour of the ranch prior to any money changing hands if a guy is interested enough to do so, but doesn't want the name advertized. There are only a handful of 30,000 acre ranches in this area. There are several larger properties and many smaller ones, but 30,000 acres is almost a giveaway to people to people that know the area. Anyone familiar with the country could probably guess where it is.

Thanks to the guys that have taken the time to leave a positive comment. I hope the rest of you understand where we are coming from on this now. You have a cool forum here and I am glad to be part of it now.

If you have any questions please call! Thanks again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR. Good luck with the sale.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this hunt sold. Oil Field service companies spend a lot of money on their customers. My son in law takes a group of "company men" to Texas every year to shoot $9K whitetail bucks in a high fenced 1500 acre enclosure. I wouldn't be caught dead on that hunt but they don't seem to be bothered by it.
At least this is a free range wild hunt, albeit out of my price range.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR CSM, you have handled yourself in a very professional manner, unlike some of the other posters. Good luck selling your goat hunt, sounds like a great area.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
Welcome to AR CSM, you have handled yourself in a very professional manner, unlike some of the other posters. Good luck selling your goat hunt, sounds like a great area.

+1 Your price is your business.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with some of the others above. If you don't like the hunt and/or price, move on.

I know of antelope hunts that are 2 days in length and go for between $6-8000.00. And that's for one goat! The price you are asking is not out of line.

Good luck.......

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie:
I also welcome you to this great board.
I'm a long time ago visitor to that area as I hauled hundreds of loads of pipe down from the steel mill here for EL Farmer. but, that was many years ago.

The land is as flat as it can get with lots of mesquite brush 6' tall, or higher. Depends on how this ranch has cleared it if at all as to how the hunt will work.

Only thing I'd like to know and where I come from. Lot's of goats around here, killed my share of 'em. Mostly 14-16", I have seen one 19". I don't have a clue what a 60-80" antelope is though. How about some of you "point" hunters give a few clues here. That would help clarify things a bit.

Good luck on the sale,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I don't know... it does seem kinda high for just a pronghorn..

I shot an SCI Gold medal pronghorn on an unguided do-it-yourself hunt on public land, in Carbon County Wyoming in 1999... It took me all week to find him, I passed up many others, and chased this one around for 2 days before I could get close enough for a shot... As I said I took this critter in 1999, but didn't get it measured until 2013..

I can see paying the big bucks for this hunt if it was a recognized sub-species that you might be after, or maybe if there are 18"er running around. or even if it included meals and lodging it might be worth it... but not just for a couple of tags..
I mean lets be realistic.. If you were at an SCI show, or other outdoor venue where they sell hunts, you would walk right past this hunt..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the time when people question the price of a hunt, that person doesn't even own land and understand what all goes into it.

You wont have any problem selling the hunt, best of luck to the hunters and post up some pictures when you get them. I love seeing some Texas goats

Posts: 42 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you are a landowner, beat this price.

No, it did not make Boone & Crockett, but it does score 75 & 4/8ths. and it cost me a Grand Total of $42.00, and it was shot in the Texas panhandle on Public Land D-I-Y.

If the man is able to sell the hunts, good for him. If not, it was a learning experience.

After setting and watching a man pay $7500.00 for a damn white tail deer because it measured 173 instead of 170, $9000.00 for two pronghorns for someone that can afford it does not seem all that excessive.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

After setting and watching a man pay $7500.00 for a damn white tail deer because it measured 173 instead of 170, $9000.00 for two pronghorns for someone that can afford it does not seem all that excessive.

Do I detect a bit of surprise and maybe loss of respect for the man who paid $7,500 for the "damn white tail deer" and in the same sentence, no less, compare it to paying $9,000 for two pronghorns?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, what you detect, is a dose of reality for the way hunting has changed and is changing.

Anti hunters are not the biggest threat to the average person's ability to hunt, $$$$$$$$$ is.

I was working for the outfit that was paid for the buck, and it did not hurt my pocket book one bit at the end of the hunt.

Times change, people change. I am old enough to have seen things go from few or no deer in many areas, to an increasing deer herd and $1.00 an acre lease fees or no charge at all to go in and shoot a pest or two, to prices of $1500.00 to $3000.00 a gun to hunt those same properties today.

No skin off my ass, part of my income is derived from folks willing to pay that kind of money.

I just get tired of folks complaining about something such as the prices listed, when it is really not their concern.

Anyone can price anything for whatever they choose, it is their business. I do not recall after posting various hunts on here myself that my prices were subject to review by some self appointed Kangaroo Court.

If you can show me in the rules for posting in this topic section that the person posting the info can not list the prices they choose, Please do so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Basic etiquette dictates that if you don't have anything positive to say and are not interested, just don't comment. The price is between him and a willing purchaser. I'm sure some think what I've paid for some hunts is out of line. But it's none of their business.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FWIW

Charlie Middleton is a very respected businessman in West Texas.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote