Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Mcnab and bird shoot
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted
For those of us who are hunters, fisherman and bird shooters, we offer the challenge of the Mcnab.

A four day bird shooting safari which includes a day set aside for the Mcnab challenge.
In the morning we shoot birds, and using the feathers from the quarry we tie a fly and head down to the water to catch a trout or yellowfish.
After that it is off into the bush after springbok or blesbuck.
The successful hunter/fisherman/birdshooter gets his Mcnab certificate.

Bird shooting over the period includes Guinea fowl, francolin and rock pigeon and doves, with waterfowl on at least one of the days.

The price is $1640 per person, and we need 4 guns minimum for the party.

The price is all inclusive of accommodation, birds, fishing and buck, but excludes ammunition which will be available at the local prevailing prices.

All other terms and conditions are as per our website.
Extra days, hunting or Kruger park visits are negotiable.

We suggest a 3 or 5 day walking safari in the Timbavati or Kruger as a finisher.
Walk amongst the big 5. Details will be forwarded upon request.

All hunters’ transfers from Johannesburg Airport are included in the price.

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
That is a great deal. Anyone looking for a 4th to fill out a trip can contact me with proposed dates. 500Nitro is a top shelf PH who puts on great hunts. He is my friend and I have hunted 3 countries with him over the past nearly 10 years.

Perry.

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a cool idea! Do you get extra points if you catch another trout on a bucktail made from the springbok/blesbok? Our trout season closed for the winter yesterday, so I can't replicate the event here. Wish I could join you!

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Oh, damn. This one sounds terribly tempting... Hmm.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote