Find
Notify
Tools

NM Desert Sheep hunt- Guaranteed Tag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
WTA has secured a guaranteed tag to hunt Desert sheep in the state of New Mexico. This coveted private land trophy Desert sheep hunt takes place on the famed Armendaris Ranch. The ranch is located in South Central NM and encompasses over 350,000 acres of the Fra Cristobal Mountains. This mountain range is home to a resident herd of Desert sheep that averages 250 head.

This hunt is fully guided by a seasoned outfitter (This is Ted Turner's crew) who has been offering these private land hunts since 2012 with great success on trophy rams from 160 inches to over 170 inches. Year to year, they work very hard to harvest the most outstanding mature rams on the property. All hunts include 1x1 experienced guides, accommodations and in-field transportation. Hunts are 10 days in duration and conducted by spot and stalk and glassing. The ranch has good road access to the expansive rough mountain range thus allowing hunters to access most hunt areas. This ranch receives four private land permit authorizations annually. Hunt dates alternate each year to provide quality and priority to each hunter. During each hunt there are a total of two sheep hunters on the ranch. The 2018 hunt dates are approximately Aug 17-26, 2018.

Accommodations consist of a comfortable bunkhouse and cookhouse near the base of the mountain with home cooked meals served daily. This is one of the best priced guaranteed tag desert sheep hunts in the US. Give WTA a call today.

Tags like this have gone from $200,000 to over $300,000 on auction.

Tim Herald tim@trophyadventures.com 859-608-9331

WTA Price $79,995 + $3243 Guranteed License (approx., outfitter will assist with state process)

* Wounding Policy: If an animal is wounded, every effort from that point on will be for that animal only until the hunt terminates.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted Turner must be another one claiming Indian blood.
I thought besides the State of New Mexico game and fish only Indian tribes could sell those sheep Hunts. Wrong again.
Maybe it's the money.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tags like this have gone from $200,000 to over $300,000 on auction.

Really? When? Where?

Or are you referring to a state wide, governor's Desert Bighorn sheep tag?

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I think the $20,000 increase over Mexico is worth it.

I am not in the financial bracket to take this hunt, but if I was it would be a no-brainer.

I believe Amandaris also has gemsbok oryx if a guy wanted to shoot another species.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Well as much as I hate to admit, they get 65-75k for the tags here in Texas--and sell everyone they have, I also thought that all sheep tags in New Mexico (other than res)went thru the draw...I have my Desert sheep--so not in the Market--bump.

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, you took a Desert Sheep? Wow, I'm impressed!

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
Well as much as I hate to admit, they get 65-75k for the tags here in Texas--and sell everyone they have, I also thought that all sheep tags in New Mexico (other than res)went thru the draw...I have my Desert sheep--so not in the Market--bump.

These sheep are all on private property so there is an agreement betweent the state and the property owner that the total tag quota gets split between the two every year.
A pretty good example of a wildlife deparment working with private citizens to bring back a struggling species and provide hunting opportunities for the public.
They also do a special youth only desert bighorn hunt.
And, TX isn't the only state where you can buy desert sheep hunts for $65k . . .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Armendaris has sent sheep to several conservation projects from their herd. As noted, their sheep are considered by the state of NM to be their sheep. NM just sets the season dates, and the Armendaris takes care of the rest. Including a raffle hunt, and as mentioned a youth hunt.

Good luck with the sale, and to the hunter.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote