THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    SOLD Kambako Safaris- true cancellation hunt- buff, sable, great prices- Aug 2014
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD Kambako Safaris- true cancellation hunt- buff, sable, great prices- Aug 2014
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Hey all, I just had a cancellation for one of our group hunts to Niassa, Mozambique with Kambako Safaris. There was $3000 forfeited for the cancellation, so the prices below have my group discount plus an additional $3000 off. Hunt dates are Aug 1-14, so this is really short timed. To add to that, I leave for Australia on June 15, and we would need to get this moving by then as I won’t have internet access in Aussie, and we need to get gun paperwork, etc. going ASAP. If you are on a 10 day hunt, you would need to pay observer rates for 2-3 days as the group will be there for 13 days, that is if you want to split charter fees. If anyone ever wanted a cheap sable hunt, or a great price on a Niassa buff hunt, this is it. You can reach me direct at tim@timherald.com if interested. We always have a great time on these group hunts, and this one will be me, another AR member and one other hunter. So only 4 total in camp.

Day rates

Sable / Plains game hunts - 10 day hunt = US$ 3,500
Buffalo / Plains game hunts - 10 day hunt = US$ 7,500
Buffalo / Sable / Plains game hunts - 12 day hunt = US$ 13,000

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:
1. US$ 350 Govt. Hunting Licence
2. Gun permit US$ 250 per firearm
3. Dipping & Packing & Delivery to Pemba $ 650

observer rates - $300/day
Split charter with 2 other people- apprx $1200

Below are costs for trophy fees and the license cost just after for each species
Baboon - Yellow 100, 50
Hyena 1,000, 200
Buffalo 2,500, 1,200
Impala - Johnston 350, 150
Bushbuck 800, 200
Kudu 1,300, 700
Bushpig 350, 120
Leopard 5,000, 1600
Crocodile 4,000, 500
Lion 15,000, 1600
Duiker (common) 400, 80
Sable Roosevelt under 40” $3,800, 850
Sable over 40” 5,800, 850
Duiker (red) 1,000, 80
Eland male 1,500, 900
Suni 1,000, 80
Warthog 350, 120
Grysbok Sharpes 900, 80
Waterbuck 1,950, 500
H/beeste - L/stein 1,950, 550
W/beeste Niassa 2,250, 550
Hippo 4,000, 900
Zebra Boheme 1,500, 800

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim,
Looks like you guys will be having a great time! I'm curious about one thing, what is the deal with the pro-rated Sable prices? I was under the impression, that free range hunting the price is the price, and if you're lucky enough to get the big boy...then good for you.

I know that there are pro-rated deals on ele, but I thought that was governmental in nature.

Also, what is a johnston's impala, never heard of one?

Also, are the eland, East African, livingstons, or cape?

thanks for the info!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I think Kambako has just decided that deal on sable. Their call. Johnston's impala are just a small subspecies , and the eland are Livingstone officially I believe. I don't completely agree with some of the listings as "official by SCI" all these animals are in same ecosystem as Selous.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Tim!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
I think Kambako has just decided that deal on sable. Their call. Johnston's impala are just a small subspecies , and the eland are Livingstone officially I believe. I don't completely agree with some of the listings as "official by SCI" all these animals are in same ecosystem as Selous.

The impala is therefore like the coues deer in mexico. Still makes it neat to get one. Good deal with a good solid outfit.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oryxhunter1983:
I was under the impression, that free range hunting the price is the price, and if you're lucky enough to get the big boy...then good for you.

What gave you that impression?
Niassa Game reserve and Kambako are trying to entice the taking of older worn down "big boy" Sable. Preferably heavy with growth and less the long pointy ones. A bit like older Buffalo.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
SOLD- one of our AR members took this great opportunity, so the spot is filled- thanks all...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com