New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congo adventure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here is a chance to go on a guided hunt in Congo with Cam Greig. I have had a postponement due to circumstances beyond the control of the client.
We will fly into Congo Brazzaville in late May or early June 2015. We will take an internal flight (included in cost) then my vehicle, canoes and then on foot to the most remote B’Aka pygmy village I know of. We will negotiate with the local Bantu village to use “their” pygmies and hire 12 or so porters to carry all our gear for 10-12 days of jungle adventure. You will walk on foot the whole trip once we leave the pygmy village. We will go where no one but myself has ever been as an “outsider” in living memory of the B’Aka.
I have hunted the area several times, but am the only outsider to do so. Animals anticipated will be forest buffalo (two allowed on license.) and yellow back duiker as the most likely encounters. Bongo, forest sitatunga and numerous duiker are there. Red river hogs, lots of monkeys and other forest species will be encountered like gorilla and chimps, which can only be photographed. This is a unique adventure for an Africa seasoned adventurer. If you would like to go on one of the last true exploration adventures left today get a hold of me.
Cost is all-inclusive from Brazzaville until we return to the same. You pay any expenses in town as well as trophy fees and costs to get CITES paperwork and export. I help with these procedures.
Cost is only $15,000, as this will be a 2X1 trip with a second hunter signed up already. We can all meet at Vegas if you want or if anyone wants to discuss further hunts, but I anticipate selling the slot before the meeting.

Here are the trophy fees:

animal
$ cost
Bongo
$ 4,000
Buffalo 2 allowed
$ 2,500
bushbuck
$ 500
Red river hog
$300
sitatunga
$ 1500
Yellow back duiker
$750
peter & other duiker
$ 400

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
What an incredibly cool trip. Safari the way it was meant to be. Nice offer.

Mike

Posts: 21139 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
HUGE opportunity here!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to be able to do this kind of Safari in Cameroon but that is no longer possible due to the creation of National Parks everywhere I used to roan and ramble. I think Congo Brazzaville represents one of the few remaining relatively safe places a true adventure/hunt of this sort can be organized today. I have done BZV at least on 6 major expeditions and 2 of them to this region, but i hope to penetrate even further this trip.
Cam

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
CAM,

Can this be booked for two persons 2016?

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would consider this if we agreed on dates and an agreement was signed with a deposit.
I only do one trip to this zone every year.
I would like to know a bit about the prospective group if you would not mind.
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I note you may be from Sweden. I plan at the moment to be there on a pig hunt in May. Perhaps if you wish we could meet up. I will be accompanied by a gentleman who has done this exact trip twice.
Cam

One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
Perfect! Lets meet here in Sweden in May. I will send you PM right now...

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Cam,
realy: This is an adventure.

We had contact via mail before (for an cameroon tripp).

One day I will do this (with you?) too.

Bets wishes und mutch luck.

The B.

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Cam,

Is it possible to do this with an observer (cameraman?)?

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a cameraman on the last trip and it works fine, but the camera is subject to high humindity and rain so precautions are in order.
The extra license for the camera is$1000 in Congo. I charge $500 for observers due to the difficulty of the transport. I pay for all internal flights and transport.
This is a very unique hunt with a lot of photogenic opportunities so a camera man would be able to capture a lot of unique footage.
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bockhunter,
i look forward to doing that.
Are you coming to SCI in Vegas? I will have a booth.
cam

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
What a great opportunity. Pygmies, dripping jungles and chest thumping silver backs. This has to be one of the most desirable hunts on offer.

As this is part exploration and adventure how would you plan to hunt the Sitatunga?

As you have stated everything is portered and in the future do you envisage putting up a basic camp/facilities?

In the future will croc be available on license? And why only one hunt a year?

If you ever need someone to help you out then let me know.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9854 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great hunt. You mentioned that you would be in Vegas. Any chance of getting you to Dallas. I really would like to discuss this.

Posts: 9970 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to go to Dallas as well but I will be in Cameron chasing Giant Eland so will only just be back for a week to attend SCI and then back to Cameroun.
i'd love you to come to Vegas if you could?
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame,
I have an advance crew go in and burn some large clearings, called "Bais" in the forest a month before we go. This brings up new tender shoots and thus a number of the forest creatures come out. Mostly forest buffalo who prefer this to leaves, which is their normal diet in deep jungle. The sitatunga also come out and we have seen good specimens every time, but have not connected yet. I do not want to put too much pressure on the area so will only do 1-2 hunts per year to keep it a quality hunt. Forest zones are just not as prolific in game species. The biomass is in the arboreal species like chimps, and monkeys as well as gorilla who can climb to eat.
cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
fairgame,
Sorry to forget crocodile. The only real species is the dwarf crocodile which is protected and only grows to about 5' long.
I have had some very interesting encounters with them while stalking forest buffalo hidden in a stream only to come around the corner and find 40-50 on a sand bank with me in one of two exits!
They are not on license.
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame,
My qualifications for help are pretty firm, even for "free" help, which ends up costing me the most:
1. Must already speak French or local Lingala
2. Must have a good sense of humor
3. Must have lived in non South Africa for a number of years. (West Africa preferred but I have enven got bit on tht one!)
I have had numerous experiences with "free" help and rookies who envision themselves as a big PH in Africa until they get there and it is actually hot and muggy. Most last less than 3 weeks and take the petty cash box with them and go home.
I am just too old to put up with that any more so will be much more guarded. My latest PH in Cameroon speaks 4 local languages and has lived within a few hundred kilometers of the hunting area for 6 years so i will not have these kinds of issues with him.
If your offer fits the criteria we can exchange a resume.
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No firm commitments for 2015 if you are interested.
Cam

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camshaft:
Fairgame,
My qualifications for help are pretty firm, even for "free" help, which ends up costing me the most:
1. Must already speak French or local Lingala
2. Must have a good sense of humor
3. Must have lived in non South Africa for a number of years. (West Africa preferred but I have enven got bit on tht one!)
I have had numerous experiences with "free" help and rookies who envision themselves as a big PH in Africa until they get there and it is actually hot and muggy. Most last less than 3 weeks and take the petty cash box with them and go home.
I am just too old to put up with that any more so will be much more guarded. My latest PH in Cameroon speaks 4 local languages and has lived within a few hundred kilometers of the hunting area for 6 years so i will not have these kinds of issues with him.
If your offer fits the criteria we can exchange a resume.
Cam

No worries my Lingala is a bit rusty and I was thrown out of a French restaurant for ordering a prostitute as the main dish.

Sounds like a very interesting area albeit the quota is very conservative.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9854 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is a great offer and adventure.

when i lived in CAR we were forbidden to go in Zaire as french citizen and i still miss that part of the world.

good luck and happy time for the ones that will go.

Phil

Posts: 1723 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Graves
posted Hide Post
I find this to be a very interesting opportunity.

PM sent

Posts: 56 | Location: United States | Registered: 11 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not confirmed anyone for this year so if you would like for more information or to have me call you i would be happy to.
This is the real deal so to speak. I have done it a number of times and promise a true African adventure.
C

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the LDE. Can't make Vegas this year.

Posts: 9970 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Graves
posted Hide Post
Cam,

Email me at jeffpg45@yahoo.com please.

Cheers,
Jeff

Posts: 56 | Location: United States | Registered: 11 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
place still open if you have someone interested.
cam

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Cam

PM sent......

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MLG:
Hi Cam

PLease send me an email to

mlagrang@gmail.com

So I can contact you.....

Cheers

Mlg

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got it and replied. Let me know if it got to you.
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...Malaria?

Best wishes. F.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You do need to take anti-malarials if you travel in most of Africa. Yes you will need to take them if you go on this trip.
cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have had a chance to talk to a bunch of fun guys on the forum, but no deposits as yet, which speak the loudest.
Cam

posted Hide Post
Please email me at elthrock@Hotmail.com

Would love to talk more about this.

Thanks, Erin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old Jack Atcheson advice---"Go hunting while you are physically able."

After age 60, the body starts wearing down in a hurry for most of us---sooner for some unfortunates.

This hunt would have been high on my list 5 years ago.

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
I will take the 2016 slot. PM to follow.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow this is cool. I would like to learn more. Hope to make it to show and look you up. What Is you companies name?

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2844 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try Selfguidedafrica.com for a taste but I do not post Congo as they are all guided by myself. No phone and very little e-mail for a week, give me your phone #?
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be in a booth in Los Vegas. I book with Jim Shockey so am next to him. Yu will see a large python skin on our booth.
company name to look us up is BOMBAZI WILDERNESS

But if you have trouble just find Jim Shockey's booth and I will be there.
Cam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will you be at DSC ?

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry that I am not able to attend DSC as I will be in Cameroun. I will be at Vegas for SCI and would love to have you stop by.
Cam