New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska Moose hunt Genuine cancellation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to shoot a good Moose.

Regular price $21,500, cancellation price $15,500.

Dates: September 10 to 20th (Maybe possible to move by a day or two)

The hunt is in the Eastern Brooks Range, GMU 25A. Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

10 hunting days, with 2 travel days, so 12 day commitment.

The hunter would fly into Ft Yukon via Fairbank and take a bush flight to camp $1,200

You can add Caribou on trophy fee for $4,000, or Griz for $6,000. The grizz hunting is not great during this time slot, but its possible. The Caribou hunting will be very good.The moose hunting will be excellent.

This is a raft trip, with some backpack work (mostly raft/float).

His area has very good moose and he averages 60 inch bulls, with an 80-85% success rate.

The outfitter is Lyle Becker and he will most likely guide the hunt himself.

Thanks for looking.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
2019, DSC booth # 1222
2019, SCI booth # 4209

Posts: 2534 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i presume the 1200 flight in is 1 way- how much should it cost to fly back with all that meat

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love the term "genuine cancellation." Most cancellation hunts are really just hunts that never got booked but booking agents are loath to tell us that.

That said, sounds like a good deal to me but I am already hunting moose in AK this year.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will happily change the name to IT DID NOT SELL MOOSE HUNT AS HARD AS WE TRIED, if that will help sell it Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I love the term "genuine cancellation." Most cancellation hunts are really just hunts that never got booked but booking agents are loath to tell us that.

That said, sounds like a good deal to me but I am already hunting moose in AK this year.

Posts: 2534 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
yuck Good Man, well done !

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad I learned there is real and fake cancellation hunts!

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2843 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote