Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Turkey-Feral Hog North Texas.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Late getting this posted for various reasons.

Spring turkey season in Archer & Young counties opens on Saturday March 29 and runs thru Sunday May 11.

We have one group booked for opening weekend, but with 3000+ acres spread between Archer & Young counties we have plenty of room.

These are 1 day hunts for 1 gobbler @ $150.00 per hunter.

Additional days for turkey can be arranged @ $100.00 per day/per hunter.

An additional gobbler can be taken for $125.00.

Evening hog hunting can be arranged for $50.00 per hunter/1 pig any size.

Lodging can be arranged @ $25.00 per night/per person.

Hunters responsible for their own meals/snacks/refreshments or if desired meals can be arranged @ $25.00 per day/per person.

Pig hunting is guided, turkey hunting is semi guided.

Pig Hunting Only, can be arranged at almost any time for $75.00 per day/per hunter, 1 pig any size. Additional days can be arranged @ $50.00 per day/per person. Additional hogs, any size are $50.00 each.

Coyotes can be shot at no charge.

For more information or to book a hunt contact me @ rl92@brazosnet.com or at 682-365-3217 or by pm on AR.

If you call my cell phone and I do not answer, leave a message about what you are interested in, hunt wise and I will return your call

Thank You.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always thought it was crazy, paying to shoot a pig. The hunter is doing the landowner a favor by getting rid of them.
okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You only pay for the pig if you shoot one, what is crazy about that? I ain't gonna hold a gun on you or anyone else and force them to shoot a pig.

What about that do you not understand??????????

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand it completeley, I said I think it is crazy to shoot a pig when it does the landowner a favor.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, no one is forced to shoot a pig, it is THEIR option. They are not paying for the feed that is being put out now are they?

Tell me how much 50 or 60 pounds of processed hog meat would cost at a grocery store? I can guarantee it will be more than $50.00.

I am simply offering the hunts, nothing more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello, What is the success rate on a 3 or 4 day hunt?? Can a fellow who is not the worst caller in the world, have a chance at getting a bird or two? Thank you Kevin

And we know that all things work together for the good for those who love God and who are called according to his purpose.

Posts: 59 | Location: Fingerlakes New York | Registered: 26 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The success rate has been running 100% over the past 5 or 6 years on the turkey. We have had two good years of hatches and survival with the turkeys.

It all hinges on the weather and the desires of the hunters. We are seeing quite a few gobblers with 10 to 12 inch beards along with plenty of birds with 8 to 10 inch beards.

We make no guarantees on anyone's success simply because we do not know how well our clients can shoot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OkieNewton:
Always thought it was crazy, paying to shoot a pig. The hunter is doing the landowner a favor by getting rid of them.
okie

Listen fellow, I don't even like CHC but if you think a landowner or his agent gains more by someone shooting a pig than they lose in the time and effort by even simply showing that someone around, much less putting them on blinds or guiding them, then you truly are an idiot. I, CHC, or any landowner who lives on his place can usually go out and shoot more pigs in a day than you would kill in a week. WE LIVE THERE. Shooting a pig is fun for hunters, but "doing us a favor", get real.

This price is so cheap that to question it shows how dumb you really are. I suggest you go out and spend a few hundred thousand or million dollars and buy yourself some land and see how much it costs to keep pigs and turkeys on it for hunters.

Finally this is a hunt for sale forum, if you don't have anything good to say, and you don't have any solid information about why someone shouldn't purchase a particular hunt, then the polite and gentlemanly thing to do would be to keep your fucking mouth shut. Is that clear enough for you?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gordo, I do own land in Texas. There is a few hogs on it occassionally. I don't put out feed for them. Kind of like no food source, not many hogs. My feed pens have so far been hog proof. No, my place is not high fenced either. I didn't intend to start a feud on here. Not my intention at all. I was trying to say when a pig is taken off the land it does the landowner a favor. That's what I was trying to say!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I posted this, my intention was to let interested hunters know that we have hunting opportunities available.

To clear a couple of things up, we DO NOT have high fences, we DO feed year round, for deer, the turkeys and hogs are peripheral to that program.

From my experience very few land owners in Texas open their gates and just let whoever on to their property to kill hogs.

If anyone is interested in more information or in booking a hunt date, my contact information is listed quite plainly in my OP.

If all a person wants to do is re-hash a horse issue about why, if hogs are so destructive people charge folks to come on their property to kill them, then start a discussion in the Hog hunting topic area.

Thank You.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CHC, Thanks for your reply. I have been thinking about getting a Rio for a while and the hog opportunity is just a plus. This sounds like a very affordable hunt. I will pass this on to a buddy of mine and possibly be getting back to you on this. Thank you Kevin

And we know that all things work together for the good for those who love God and who are called according to his purpose.

Posts: 59 | Location: Fingerlakes New York | Registered: 26 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Sir.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody thinking if this hunt
I have scheduled this turkey and hog hunt for April 5 th and 6th how about a few others join in
Let me know if your going
Larry
Elk88101@me.com

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to do this hunt ... being that I am from the Great White North .. what airport would I have to fly into ... I would fly out of Great Falls ... both my lady and I really really need a holiday and we love shooting pigs !!!

Posts: 1533 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You would need to fly into Dallas/Fort Worth International. It is approximately 130 miles east of Olney. You could either rent a car or we can arrange airport pick-up/drop-off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scruffy
When do you think you would be going?
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry

I sent CHC a PM about either of those weekends, on the opening weekend, or the next weekend, of April 5 and 6 , or even Friday added too.

But I would just have a 2 man group . 1 Texas and 1 Oklahoma guy .

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo, Larry,

We could come nearly any time .. depending on flight availability ... I shall check up on times and pricing today ..

Posts: 1533 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For April 5th and 6th if that is the time you guys are thinking of ..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the weekend I plan on going
I have one other guy going with me
I am waiting to hear back to see how many he can accommodate that weekend
Will you hunt turkey's also or just hogs
Larry
575-791-9840

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a offer like this in my backyard. Most affordable hunt offer I have seen in along time. Good luck CHC!

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We would like to hunt both turkeys and hogs if CHC has availability for the 5th and 6th .

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TexKD
I have booked 2 Humts for that weekend there is a total of 6 spots,
Scruffy I believe is prepared to come but not sure how many he is bringing
I hope to know soon
If its just him and his wife there will be 2 spots open for turkey and hogs.
I will follow up with you as soon as I hear from scruffy.
Thanks
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We would sure like to finish out that group if it works out where there is 2 open spots for that weekend and if CHC gives us the ok too .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir
I sent Sruffy a pm but have not heard back yet.
I am thinking he is just coming eith his wife.
I am thinking you are in but will know I hope tomorrow .
Send me a pm or email
Elk88101@me.com
Give me a good phone number.
I plan on getting there Friday and hunting Saturday and Sunday .i want a couple turkeys and a hog or two. But also a great time with some new humting friends,
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can handle 6 folks on this type hunt, simply because of where the turkeys are ranging.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
In case anyone is waffling let me cast in an opinion:

I ventured to CHC's place last April and had a wonderful time. Randall and his wife were very accomodating hosts, I saw some neat country, got in on some wildlife and enjoyed some pleasant conversation and saw some excellent sunsets and a terrific full moon rise one night.

And if you get picked up at the airport Randall can take you to a BBQ joint with extremely scantily clad waitresses.

It was a win/win all round.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TexKD
Ok scruffy for 2
Me for 2
You are in for 2
That's. A full boat
Contact the crazy guy and make your deposit
Keep in touch
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry - this is great .

I just got here and I am rounding up a PM and email for you .

I will call CHC tomorrow too .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
In case anyone is waffling let me cast in an opinion:

I ventured to CHC's place last April and had a wonderful time. Randall and his wife were very accomodating hosts, I saw some neat country, got in on some wildlife and enjoyed some pleasant conversation and saw some excellent sunsets and a terrific full moon rise one night.

And if you get picked up at the airport Randall can take you to a BBQ joint with extremely scantily clad waitresses.

It was a win/win all round.

We weren't waffling, I am just running all over today and running late too - but thanks .

I want to see those hunting cats , but while I am driving in, that BBQ sure sounds good too . Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like we are heading for a great time
When I get back I will give a hunt report.
I am sure it will be great
I might schedule another hunt and will ask a few AR members to join us.
Keep watching
Larry

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Look forward to reading the report. Anyone interested in making this a yearly hunt? I would be interested in that? What do you think about that Crazyhorse?

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we could make it work on our end. It just means getting dates locked in/agreed on as we have a couple of groups that have been hunting with us each year for the past 5 or 6 years and we owe them first option.

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in this hunt for next year as a single or with a group.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I'm interested also for 2015, hopefully opening weekend.

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can do either single hunters or groups up to 6 people.

We have one group that hunts with us opening week end every year, but they always hunt one set of pastures.

Not sure if the package we will be offering will be exactly the same as this years but we will do our best to keep the price reasonable.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

All I want to know is the name of the Q joint. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard 8 in Grapevine Gato.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess his definition of "extremely scantily clad" waitresses and mine is substantially different although the Q ain't bad. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx