The Accurate Reloading Forums
RSA cull hunt

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/832100588/m/1881075611

07 September 2009, 20:21
camshaft
RSA cull hunt
RSA Cull hunt
I have too many animals on my RSA ranch. In order to provide forage for the new mothers in the next few months I need to cull some of the animals I have.
Hunters will be able to shoot all the young male and female impala and blesbuck they want. They will be able to take up to 10 female eland, up to 4 female red heartabeast, up to 8 female mountain reedbuck, up to 5 female black wildebeest, unlimited baboons and unlimited predators ie. caracal and jackals. Typical hunters in the past have shot about 25-30 animals and missed that many again.
Only charge is $200/day subject to 14% VAT tax. No trophy fee as long as you only shoot cull animals. We pick you up and drop you off at East London airport. See our web site for accommodations and trophy list. Any trophies can be taken from the list as long as you are there 7 days. Airfare is very good now in the off-season.
All hunts will be conducted fair chase. No shooting from the vehicle or even while it is in sight. Blinds are available and night hunting is allowed. We are fully staffed with PH, trackers, skinners, maids and a full time cook. This is an all inclusive package, no hidden fees.
http://www.bombaziwilderness.com
Camshaft
07 September 2009, 23:08
Vlam
This is an excellent offer and on an excellent property. I highly suggest anyone looking at value for money hunting jump on this.
Having taken part in hunts like these I can assure you that you will be challenged to the full and will have the added benefit of taking many more animals whilst serving a vital purpose in the management of this ranch.
Trust me you will have a great time
Ian
07 September 2009, 23:59
Tim Vining
What are your available dates to due the cull hunting?

Tim

08 September 2009, 02:15
camshaft
Cull hunts are open from now until early November.
First come first srved.
Camshaft
08 September 2009, 02:22
Mississippian
Bal, pack your stuff!!!! This is just what we are looking for!

Do you have dates available the first 2 weeks of December 2009? At least 2 hunters!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society
08 September 2009, 02:33
camshaft
I think I could do that.
Give me a PM and I will call you.
Camshaft
08 September 2009, 02:42
Mike Smith
Cull hunts are not a hunt in the traditional sense but still require skill. The type of cull many of us do is more of a hunt just not for trophy animals. Although, depending on the population, type of animal, and the desired balance desired they can be taken out as well. This type of hunt is like what Camshaft is offering and is the best of both worlds. The second type is straight herd reduction or meat production. It is as stated mostly bench shooting with a spotlight. Often one tries for only head shots to not waste any meat. I have done both types and each has merits. The second type is a "shoot" but requires precision and gives a lot of trigger time. Both "hunts" are a lot of fun and have their place. This is a good deal for someone not wanting to bring a bunch of stuff home.

Happiness is a warm gun
08 September 2009, 03:31
Harold R. Stephens
Sounds like a heck of a deal. May have to contact you for 2010? Good luck with the management.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association
08 September 2009, 04:19
Mississippian
PM sent

08 September 2009, 06:08
Gatogordo
I hunted this ranch in 2008 for 7 or 8 days while attempting to cull impalas. Mostly the impalas were smarter than I was but I did take two 25 1/2 inch rams for trophies and left at least one and probably two that I saw that I think are bigger. Tried for what I think was the biggest one 3 times and he gave us the slip every time. Finally, he's standing on side of mountain as we're driving back to the ranch the last time, I saluted him and wished him well until I saw him again. I've been meaning to post a report for months but it's one of those round tuits that I haven't gotten to yet, mostly because I hate fooling with pics.

This is a beautiful ranch with high plains and the main valley lying between two mountains. Hunting can be quite challenging due to secondary growth in the valleys. Highly recommended and an incredible deal for the money.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
08 September 2009, 07:21
camshaft
Harold,
Thank you for the interest in 2010.
I am in the middle of an agreement in concept with a big name hunter. If it is signed I will from that point on run all the hunting through him. That means I am not sure I can set pricing into 2010.
I also am doing this to reduce my herds before they have their young. By Feb./March you would have a hard time with the young which are, as yet, not weaned.
From a management point of view it does not seem to work, sorry.
If you want a regular trophy hunt into 2010 that is possible. We have excellent trophies.
camshaft
08 September 2009, 07:55
camshaft
Gotogordo,
Good to see you are still around. Thanks for the kind words.
We have expanded the cull program to include a lot of other species since you hunted it That way we can keep all the herds in check a bit and allow a bit more flexibility on the hunting.
Camshaft
08 September 2009, 07:56
Bill73
What range can one expect to shoot the game at ,I mean min to max given the layout of the land on your ranch,the reason for my asking is that I would like to get some experience in the field with my big bore iron sighted double rifles in preparation for big game next year,thanks.

DRSS
08 September 2009, 21:43
Robert johnson
This is truly a great deal! I hope somebody looking for an affordable African hunt books this hunt. I have known Cam for many years, I have hunted and fished with Cam his family several times. Cam is one of the few people I would totally trust.

Robert Johnson
09 September 2009, 02:54
Mississippian
Camshaft, Treeblaster and I will be coming sometime the first week of Dec 09. I called and left messages on your two numbers today. I am going to contact the travel agent tomorrow and try to pinpoint some dates and I will get back with you. Thank You, Mississippian

09 September 2009, 03:05
camshaft
Sounds good. We will do our best to show you a good hunt.
Please get back to me with details of flights when you book them. I am holding the first 15 days of December for you.
Camshaft
09 September 2009, 04:09
Bill C
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo: I hunted this ranch in 2008.....I've been meaning to post a report for months but it's one of those round tuits that I haven't gotten to yet, mostly because I hate fooling with pics.
Oh sure, but since then you have found time for another 1500 posts of opinionated drivel on every subject known to man! Smiler :D

Send me the pictures at bill@wyodata.com and I'll be happy to post them for you.

I would like to see more of Cam's ranch.
09 September 2009, 07:32
Matt Norman
PM, email, and voice mail sent (might as well cover all the bases!)

Mike Smith and I are in pending date and flight availability.

UPDATE: In light of the mid-October deadline date Mike and I have to decline. Soonest we could do it was Nov. 8th-15. Good luck to somebody.
09 September 2009, 20:11
camshaft
All hunts need to take place very soon, as it is not prudent to have hunting once the young are born. Open dates only from now until mid-October.
Camshaft
09 September 2009, 20:13
camshaft
My apologies to Missipian and Tree Blaster if they can not make an earlier date. I conferred with my game managger and he just said a hunt after end of October would cause problems.
My bad.
Camshaft
10 September 2009, 01:23
Bill73
No problem,you gotta do what's right,maybe next time we can make it earlier.

DRSS
10 September 2009, 02:03
camshaft
I appreciate your understanding. The rest of September is open.
Camshaft
10 September 2009, 05:31
Idaho Sharpshooter
Robert Johnson,

is that story at the Crossroads really true?

Rich
DRSS
10 September 2009, 07:15
Robert johnson
quote:
is that story at the Crossroads

I don't remember anything about a Cross Road? Tell me a little bit of the story.

Robert Johnson
10 September 2009, 10:21
Idaho Sharpshooter
your namesake was one of several thousand blues guitar players during the depression. He was a so-so picker, until he suddenly, almost overnight, turns into one of the most gifted blues men in the entire south. Rumor spread that he had gone down to the crossroads (car intersection) in a small town in Mississippi at midnight on a full moon late at night with his guitar, and offered to sell his soul to the devil in return for becoming the best player in the Delta. Legend says this enormous black shadow fell over him from behind and a hand reached out and took his guitar. The devil retuned the guitar and handed it back and told him not to look back. The guitar had turned blood red. Almost instantly, he became the most famous blues singer and guitar picker.. He had a small problem, married women and their husbands. Supposedly he had sex with the wrong one at a club one night. Someone he knew's wife. A couple evenings later the husband drops by the club after closing and offered him a bottle. It allegedly was poisoned, and Johnson died in agony. The devil had claimed his soul. The crossroads is famous as a blind curve, and numerous fatalities have occurred there over the last seventy-plus years since. On a full moon late, if you listen close, you can hear the ghost of Robert Johnson playing that blood red guitar.
That's the story, or pretty close.

Rich
DRSS
small potatoes as a blues player
10 September 2009, 11:55
Robert johnson
Ok this is the story I heard www.hauntedamericatours.com/cursed

Lets get back to hunting.

Robert Johnson
12 September 2009, 04:01
madabula
c-shaft:

This sounds like something several of my friends would be interested in. However I'm into our busy season now so I'll check with you via pm about openings for next season.

BR

Mike O

http://www.mikescustomtaxidermy.com/
12 September 2009, 15:28
camshaft
thanks, sounds good.
Camshaft