New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear hunt Donation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys Tom Shankster won the bear hunt in Idaho. That was e raffle I had a few weeks ago.
Well I need help he wants to donate the hunt to a needy Person.
Maybe a Vetern, a make a wish candidate not sure. How about some suggestions.
The guys that bought tickets please give me some input so we can arrange this humt with that lucky person.
This is a free Black Bear Hunt in Idadho.
Thanks
Larry
Elk88101@hotmail.com

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I would suggest somethng similar to the make a wish foundation for a sick child. If I remember the make a wish foundation caved into the anti-hunters some time ago and stopped sending terminally ill kids on hunting trips. I could be wrong on this, but that's my recollection.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send a PM to Chilcotin Hillbilly up in BC. He does one or more bear hunts each year for wounded warriors. He'll probably have some good suggestions.

Phil

Life Member- NRA & SCI

Posts: 228 | Location: Albany, NY | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PhilR:
Send a PM to Chilcotin Hillbilly up in BC. He does one or more bear hunts each year for wounded warriors. He'll probably have some good suggestions.

Phil

+1

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
I would suggest somethng similar to the make a wish foundation for a sick child. If I remember the make a wish foundation caved into the anti-hunters some time ago and stopped sending terminally ill kids on hunting trips. I could be wrong on this, but that's my recollection.

You're 100% correct. When I was on the BOD of the Phoenix Chapter, we took over the "hunt wish" program that make-a-wish quit. They wouldn't even give us the names of kids looking for hunts.

Sad state of affairs.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact John McDaniel he is the founder of WWAIF
these guys are all Purple heart recipients.

His email is john@wwiaf.org or call him. Pm me for the number.
First class organization. You won't regret doing it!

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks
I will contact him tomorrow
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for wounded warrior foundation...or re-raffle it and raise even more money for a charity.

Posts: 123 | Location: Vero Beach, FL | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That's right
Reraffle it and then get it out for one the WWF
I'll buy few again and of course if it goes to me I will donate it as well
That way guy that gets can get nice gun and gear as well

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well
Let me see if I follow
Do you want me to raffle it off again and then take the proceeds and use it to donate to a WW FUND or get a companion hunt with the winner.
If we come up with a plan I will get it going.
Some more comments.
Tom would go along with your suggestions as long as some person with need would benefit
Thanks
Guys
For all the support.
Larry

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Keep it simple (don't re-raffle). Contact the proven organization C-H suggested and turn it over to them. Happy ending.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I've got a friend who's expressed his wish to hunt black bear. He's taken a hog and two deer thus far. He's a great man with a winning attitude, especially given his severe wartime injuries, including full blindness, a missing lower leg, severe burns, and more.

Joel Tavera

Matt

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
My suggestion would donating the hunt to the WWIAF. Maybe Tom would like to accompany the wounded warrior on the hunt.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
...and here's a vid of Joel skydiving. Not bad for a one-legged blind man. Big ol' balls of steel...
Joel Skydiving

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote