New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alpine Ibex in Austria.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents, this is a good price for the hunt, despite what may seem a lot. If you know you know..

Private area, 3.5hr from Vienna airport. Free range ,non fenced area

Hunt includes: airport transfers, gun rent, ammo, 2 nights in best lodge or hotel, meals, drinks, first trophy prep etc

Doesn't include: flights, dip and pack, personal expenses etc.

Size of horns (all gold medal Ibex)

90-95 cm 18.000 euro
85-90 cm 15.000 euro
80-85 cm 13.500 euro

You need to be reasonably fit for this hunt as walking is mostly up hill and along forest tracks.

Shots from 75-300 metres

Success is 100% due to very good guides and game management.

Can combine with mountain Stag, Alpine Chamois, Mouflon or hunting in Hungary etc..

Any questions please ask.

Outfit/ agent: Hunt Inter
Guide/ outfit: Erel Mulle
PO Box 43, Dorset, UK

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Would love to do this!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Alpine ibex. Very good hunt, better and more fun than North American sheep hunt. Great scenery, accommodations, food , people.
If you like mountain hunts, this would be a good one.

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1 available for this September-November.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t knowHuntInter, but an Alpine I ex hunt is a great hunt.

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
I don’t knowHuntInter, but an Alpine I ex hunt is a great hunt.

Ross, waiting for you when you fancy Muntjac and CWD.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did an alpine ibex hunt near Puchberg (spelling?) about 20 years ago. It was fantastic.

Posts: 11943 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I did an alpine ibex hunt near Puchberg (spelling?) about 20 years ago. It was fantastic.

Time to come back for another Larry!

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Good prices, now that the Swiss shut down my friend Eric's operation in Switzerland.

They can also be hunted in Slovenia, but for some reason they are just as expensive there.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Good prices, now that the Swiss shut down my friend Eric's operation in Switzerland.

They can also be hunted in Slovenia, but for some reason they are just as expensive there.

Swiss were fools to do that barf
Slovenia is nice country but game is quite expensive compared to some other neighbouring countries.
Alpine Ibex is probably the pinnacle of most Eu hunters dreams and these are the price some Spanish guides via USA booking agents are charging for Beceite gold medals and this is a much better adventure IMO.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may pay for the privilege in Austria, but the total experience is worth every penny. No comparison to another country or different species. The food should be authentic locally home made!

Enjoy

Posts: 622 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry, what is the price?

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

Swiss were fools to do that barf
Slovenia is nice country but game is quite expensive compared to some other neighbouring countries.
Alpine Ibex is probably the pinnacle of most Eu hunters dreams and these are the price some Spanish guides via USA booking agents are charging for Beceite gold medals and this is a much better adventure IMO.

Purely political.

They will be lucky to still be hunting at all in 10 years.

Even in Graubunden, some stupid animal rights cunt is trying to cut the head off of hunters.

The same Spanish and American booking agents (not the ones on here) are getting $30,000-50,000 for an Ibex in Austria and Slovenia. They were getting the same in Switzerland before the shutdown.

You are right, I don't know why Slovenia is more expensive than Austria.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rastaman:
I’m sorry, what is the price?

Sir, it’s in the top post. Good price for what it is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of all the places I have drug my wife on hunting trips, Austria is the place she keeps wanting to go.

I have not hunted with this specific area or outfitter, but I have hunted the same region. It is my idea of Heaven.

I like sleeping on the side of the mountain as much as the next guy, but I love stalking followed by a hot shower, good food, and those villages outside of Vienna are like a hallmark movie.

Posts: 10771 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alpine Ibex are high on my list my wife has actually been wanting to go on this hunt as well and spend a few days not hunting and do tourist stuff

Posts: 57 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 29 August 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:
Gents, this is a good price for the hunt, despite what may seem a lot. If you know you know..

Private area, 3.5hr from Vienna airport. Free range ,non fenced area

Hunt includes: airport transfers, gun rent, ammo, 2 nights in best lodge or hotel, meals, drinks, first trophy prep etc

Doesn't include: flights, dip and pack, personal expenses etc.

Size of horns (all gold medal Ibex)

90-95 cm 18.000 euro
85-90 cm 15.000 euro
80-85 cm 13.500 euro

You need to be reasonably fit for this hunt as walking is mostly up hill and along forest tracks.

Shots from 75-300 metres

Success is 100% due to very good guides and game management.

Can combine with mountain Stag, Alpine Chamois, Mouflon or hunting in Hungary etc..

Any questions please ask.

Outfit/ agent: Hunt Inter
Guide/ outfit: Erel Mulle
PO Box 43, Dorset, UK

Very Good priced hunt.
In Free Range Areas is almost impossible to find Prices like this Nowdays.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas