New
Find
Notify
Tools

The PAC tag...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been looking at an Elephant tag, but really want to bring some hide back. A friend runs Milt Sparks holster shop and he would deal me on a nice holster, mag pouch and belt for some hide.
Is there a way to bring some hide back?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
I suspect you would have to go thru the CITES documentation process--if that is possible in the area and with the licenses you are hunting.
The searches earlier this month at customs in Moz, South Africa, and the US were all fairly thorough, I wouldn't recommend putting anything in your baggage..

Reckon this is the wrong forum for this question?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Yes probably the wrong forum, but, if you want to bring hide back you must clear it with your outfitter and have them start the CITIES paperwork for you before you head over. I have had PAC hunts where I could not bring back anything (CMS) and PAC hunts where I could bring back hide (Chifuti). In both cases I knew before I left what I could and could not return with. Every outfitter I have hunted with was very upfront about this so simply ask...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry, more specific. I would like to do a PAC hunt, and be able to bring back some of that hide.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote