Find
Notify
Tools

LYNX HUNTS 2020/21 Last chance?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
HI Folks,

I am sorry to say but this coming winter maybe Skinner Creeks Hunts last winter in business.

Due to a Supreme Court of Canada ruling which has given a large track of land to the local Indian band. This land over laps some of my most important hunting areas.

This last year has been quite a challenge and has forced me to reduce my business by 50% or more.

I still have good lynx hunting areas but I will be reducing my numbers of hunters to keep success high.

I have a lot of spots open for this coming winter as I have not been booking any hunts until I was certain I was able to fulfil the hunt contracts.

Hunts are done with hounds and are six days in length. (there is the option of killing a cougar if you have a tag in hand and we find a good one.)

2 on 1 hunts are $5250.00 usd each taxes included

1 on 1 hunts are $7875.00 usd taxes included

Included in this hunt is:
Airport transfer from William Lakes, BC
All meals
Lodging
Trophy prep

Not included:
License $189.00
lynx tag $42.00
Wildlife Conservation fee $200.00
Cougar tag (optional) $241.50
Cougar trophy fee $6500.00 usd
Taxidermy or shipping.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug.

I'm sorry to hear out bullshit system has taken this hunting area from you. I've done this hunt, doug knows how to get it done.

thomas

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
B.C. health officials announce 9 new COVID-19 cases, warn against panic-buying (March 14, 2020 2:50 p.m.). BC Center for Disease Control

Unfortunately, there will likely be increased travel restrictions both within the U.S. and Canada.

I must say you have some awesome Lynx!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:
B.C. health officials announce 9 new COVID-19 cases, warn against panic-buying (March 14, 2020 2:50 p.m.). BC Center for Disease Control

Unfortunately, there will likely be increased travel restrictions both within the U.S. and Canada.

I must say you have some awesome Lynx!

I feel it should business as usual.

If there is travel restrictions in the future (which I don't believe would be for any length of time) I suggest hunters buy cancellation insurance for any trip they book.

Hiding at home does nothing but ruin the economy .

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I know a couple of outfitters up at Smithers. They said the only way to know that you will have a hunting area in the future is to lease it from the indians, or whatever Canadians call them.

The Modus Operendi in the Yukon and NWT is to turn it into a national park, so at least there are options.

I am guessing your moose area is still viable?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Doug! Had a great time up there Jan 2019. Wish you the best of luck going forward.

Andy

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is really sad news.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chilcotin hillbilly:
HI Folks,

I am sorry to say but this coming winter maybe Skinner Creeks Hunts last winter in business.

Dang Doug, I’m sorry to hear that!

For some reason I have always looked at your hunts and thought that I would hunt with you one day. Just this last week I was looking at one of your offers while checking the calendar to see if I could could sneak away from school(I’m a teacher) long enough to bring my daughter out to hunt with you.

It’s not the first time that I’ve been a day late, but darn it....

I hope that things work out for you and your family.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by chilcotin hillbilly:
HI Folks,

Dang Doug, I’m sorry to hear that!

For some reason I have always looked at your hunts and thought that I would hunt with you one day. Just this last week I was looking at one of your offers while checking the calendar to see if I could could sneak away from school(I’m a teacher) long enough to bring my daughter out to hunt with you.

It’s not the first time that I’ve been a day late, but darn it....

I hope that things work out for you and your family.

Thanks , I am sure it will work out in the end. Just not right here right now. WE won't be getting out of the adventure tourism industry as both my wife and I love meeting new people and making new friends. Whether it be big game fishing or another hunting concession we will be back.
Thanks,
Doug

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
With the US and Canada closing the border today it looks like spring bear season will be a complete bust for many hundreds of outfitters across Canada. What a mess!!

As we all know tourism is huge in BC and the Yukon.....and it has completely been shut down now. Lets hope that things relax a bit before fall and that the operators and clients will be able to follow through with their hunts at that point. If not it will leave a lot of operators and their employees in dire straights.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote