New
Find
Notify
Tools

Masailand Special Buffalo and Plainsgame
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks here is a great deal especially for Masailand! This is only valid for 2018 dates. It cannot be held for 2019, so please do not ask! If you wish to go in 2019 the price is $10,800, which IMO is a steal as well.

$9,000 - 10 hunting days, 1x1. Buffalo and plains game hunt. You can take all the species allowed on a 10 day license.

Extras:
10 day license $ 3,100
Gun import fees $250/firearm, ammo tax $2 per cartridge
Road transfer per Vehicle from airport to camp and return: Masailand $600
hotel in Arusha?
Dip and pack:
10 day hunt $500
Export paperwork $500
Packing and shipping of trophies to final destination extra

Quote available on 10 day license and trophy fees:

buffalo x 2 $2800 each
duiker x1 $415
white bearded wildebeest x2 $950 each
grants gazelle x1 $750
thomsons gazelle x1 $750
burchells zebra x1 $1,700
warthog x1 $650
bushpig x1 $600
baboon x2 $200 each
east african impala x1 $750
hartebeest x 1 $950

* For those interested in species such as lesser kudu, gerenuk, lion, leopard etc those require a longer hunt and a 21 day license. I will be happy to send information as requested.

Dates: From now to early November.

From the states you will fly in to Kilimanjaro where you will be met by the outfitter and driven 1 hour to Arusha to spend the night. Next day you will drive 3 hours to camp. The hunting area is Siminjaro Naberera concession.

you can read about my recent hunt there http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6071078342

The area has not been hunted in many years so the operator is building new roads and discovering the area, hence the really low rates for 2018. I believe 2019 rates are also a steal compared to what others are charging for this hunt! Buffalo hunters must be aware that these buffalo are up in the mountains an exciting and different hunt for sure. We did also see fresh buffalo tracks in the flat areas as well. Masailand is known for its big buffalo and I can say these have not been shot in years so for sure some big buff around. As they say there is gold in them hills boy!

You will be hunting with a registered Tanzanian PH. And no i do not wish to divulge his name and contact details online. It takes time and money to find hunting opportunities and I am not about to pass them around. I am more than happy to discuss everything with anyone who wishes to book a hunt. At the end of the day you will be dealing with me and I put my name on every hunt I sell so that's what counts.

Thanks for your time.

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
2019, DSC booth #
2019, SCI booth # 4209

Posts: 2531 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am so on this.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I leave this Sunday (10-14) for this hunt and I will be sure to post a detailed report when I get back.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck! It looks like a fantastic deal.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3499 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the report as well. I am booked mid-July of next year for the specialty antelope along with buff if available.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck Mike!!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Good Luck Mike!!

Thanks Buzz and I was hoping to take your book with me to read during the flight but I haven't received it yet from Safari Press. Any idea when it ships?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, That's a good deal !
Why so cheap ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post

I will be posting a full hunt report by the end of November.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice Grants!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7508 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bradking1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Grant's!!!

Posts: 403 | Location: SW IDAHO | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Lovely Grants. What gun?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2251 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Lovely Grants. What gun?

375 Ruger and I will have my hunt report up by the end of this week.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally posted a hunt report for this outfitter. It is over in the hunting reports section.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent a pm regarding 2019 hunt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
still a great deal

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Folks,
Just got back from Maasailand on the 14 day hunt with the 21 day license with Kabubi Safaris. Shot Lesser Kudu, Gerenuk, Patterson's Eland, Kirk's Dik Dik, Coke's Hartebeest, Grant's Gazelle, Zebra and a EA Implala. Had an opportunity ( several actually) on Fringe Eared Oryx but I was cursed every time I made a stalk on one...

Interesting hunt in one of the the most beautiful areas of Africa IMO. Expected to see Redford and Streep stalking across the plains. East African hunting at Zim prices!

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had an opportunity ( several actually) on Fringe Eared Oryx but I was cursed every time I made a stalk on one...

You should have "borrowed" and dressed up in Maasai garb and 10-1 says you will have scored. Wink

Posts: 1864 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Arjun, Are you going to offer this hunt in 2020?
Looks like a great opportunity!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2536 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interested as well

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2834 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Arjun,
Are you back stateside with photos of Masailand? Anxious to see your results.
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2536 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Arjun, I see some of your communications on other forums and am wondering if this is still on offer for 2020? Standing by for some photos and references.
Cheers,

470EDDY