Find
Notify
Tools

BLOCK RANCH NM Combo Elk and Antelope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, with my wife Kelly at 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. Our office phone number is 505.294.7861. Our e-mail address is JFWRC@comcast.net. I have been a registered outfitter in NM for 25+ years.

We have an opening on the Block Ranch for a combo Bull elk or ES elk and a Pronghorn Buck. The dates are any 5 days from Oct 23 thru Nov 18.. The Block Ranch is 48,000 deeded acres.. The Block Ranch has produced great bulls and bucks. We took an 84+ in 2017 and an 86+ in 2018. We have taken bull elk up to 377 B&C.

The cost of this 1x1 fully outfitted COMBO hunt is $9,500 + tax and license. Meals and lodging are included as well as FIELD trophy care of the cape and meat. We can split the hunt for two hunters if one wants a bull and one wants a buck at the same price.

The link to the ranch description and photos is as follows: We have lots of harvest photos and new trail cam pics for review to serious inquiries.

https://newmexicobiggamehuntin...-elk-antelope-hunts/

Please contact us at the e-mail address above to have your questions answered.

Thanks AR-

Jim Welles
505-967-6562

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your link does not work. Can you provide one ?

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
https://newmexicobiggamehuntin...-elk-antelope-hunts/

Try this; it's the link to Jim's website and specifically the Block Ranch page.

I've done business with Jim Welles in the past; he's one of the good 'uns.

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 603 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://newmexicobiggamehuntin...-new-mexico-hunting/

https://newmexicobiggamehuntin...xico-hunting-photos/

Each year you find photos of our harvests on the various ranches. You will need to look through the years for antelope, elk, and deer on the BLOCK RANCH.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Jim

PS-you are welcome to call me at 505-967-6562 with any questions you may have.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mark!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe someone has not jumped on this offer for a great chance at trophy quality elk and antelope in an excellent area! I would have done so when first posted, but I picked this year to draw in coveted AZ area after 18 years of trying and this is not the year for two elk hunts.

Had the pleasure of hunting with Jim some years back, and he is as accurate, conscientious, and professional as any outfitter/guide as you could ever hope to book with..!

Good hunting,

Posts: 402 | Location: Houston | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I suppose later offers catch people in booked hunts already
Of course, there is always late comers as is case with me and only so little vacation left

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Emory. Hope you are well! I will never forget our stalk on that buckSmiler I forgot my dang shooting sticks on that pile of railroad ties and you made a makeshift tripod out of dead cactus, then made a great shot with a 7STW.

Some things ya never forgetSmiler Thank you for the kind words.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone-

I have had another cancellation. If someone would like, I can add another elk. To entice this situation even better, I will make the price to include 2 elk and an antelope for $12,000 + Tax and your licenses. That is 5K for elk and 2k for the antelope. Please know we have some bulls with broken horns.

I need to get these moved.

Thanks AR-

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what unit is the ranch in and what would you say the chances are of getting on a good bull elk as in what are the herd numbers like for this ranch.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is located in Unit 37. Our first and only hunter on this ranch arrived Oct 9 and is was done yesterday. Every morning and evening hunt, elk were seen and he had several opportunities at bulls that were either smaller 5's or 6's, some with broken horns. He was after a intact 6 by that was in the neighborhood of 340. They could not find that bull again.

There is no one else scheduled on the ranch at this time.

Hope this helps.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Block Ranch Hunts have be booked.

Thank you AR.

Jim