THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  The Chuck Norris Forum    I wish chuck would take on doctors as well
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wish chuck would take on doctors as well
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The site says ridding the world of lawyers and bankers. I think its got to the point chuck needs to deal out some well placed ass kickings to doctors as well.

The world has got cancer through the roof, big returns of various chronic illnesses. On the news the other night, some of the towns near where I live have motor neurone disease about 1000x more prevalent than another areas.Even the authorities are admitting the figures for these spikes are not just 'due to ageing population and advancements in diagnosis'.

Once upon a time it was doctors who took on the tough questions. They defied monarchies to force improvements in health and safety for the common folk, then they took on the the chem giants banning all the more dangerous agri-industrial products in the 20th century. For 200 years they often did research independantly and pushed their findings sometimes at great personal, legal or professional peril.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl, saying 1st that this not what I expected on the Norris humor forum, but that's O.K. I agree with you to a large degree. A personal case in point; my stepdaughter is an M.D. who did amazing work in Dallas + Houston in dealing with the HIV crisis in children. She worked her way out of a job. Too successful. She spent all of her free time in Haiti + Africa doing the same thing. She has moved to Harlem + works for free. As to big pharm, I totally agree. When she graduated from med school she was offered by big pharma sign on bonus of 7 million. She turned them down. Good girl. So yes I see your point + as to the bit of the drug issue. This current crusade against opiates is a total joke that only harms the people who need the meds. The powers that be when building their statistics are including heroin in their total batch; hell, that's already illegal. Never let the truth get in the way of a new law or bill. How about the people who need medicine? My wife is one; who has a disability but after the last visit to the "pain clinic," as she didn't have her empty pill bottle to turn in, they refused to fill her meds. So now she suffers; thank you congress! I have a friend that has a back injury that worked 25 years for the highway dept. + now in order to get his hydrocodone he has to pass the piss test. He says that the total irony of it all is that for 25 years I had to take a piss test to prove I wasn't using drugs; now I have to take a piss test to prove that I am + not selling them.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post