THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  The Chuck Norris Forum    Tired of Chuck Norris. Who was the chick in the TV series?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tired of Chuck Norris. Who was the chick in the TV series?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
C'mon guys, you watch Chuck Norris and you are nitpicking about firearms??!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure Pete,this is called conversation.We were only commenting on the falasies from Hollywood + their misdated ordinance. As I said before.no one cares + my comments in the movie theater or living room are never welcomed so I don't any more.As to the reality of the martial arts sequence,my understanding is that Chuck Norris is well qualified.Remember,its only a movie.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Norman, just tongue in cheek! Watching MMA on TV seems to show the relative ineffectiveness of kicks against a prepared opponent. Self defense methods eg. Krav Maga, show little or no kicking. A knee to the balls maybe, but no roundhouse kicks. But, that doesn't stop ol' Chuck from strutting his stuff! Still, I like to be entertained. Now, I do tend to draw the line at shooting the gun out of someone's hand, from the hip!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Watching MMA on TV seems to show the relative ineffectiveness of kicks against a prepared opponent.
Peter.

WTF are you talking about Peter? Kicks on their own are very effective. Many examples of a kick to the liver area dropping or doubling over the opponent. Kicks to the head? Did you watch MMA back in the KroCop days? All those guys he knocked out with kicks to the head, and as if Karma stepped in, Gonzoga dropped him with, wait for it ... a kick to the head!!!

A series of kicks to the opponents front leg completely destroying the opponent's base and footwork.

Not to mention, the kick being used to open the opponent up for follow on strikes to either the head or body.

Front "shove kick" to preserve space and deny a closing opponent.

Examples abound.

I'm not sure we are watching the same MMA contests.

Posts: 8483 | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post