THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  The Chuck Norris Forum    Clint Eastwood Fired 8 Shots From A Snub Nosed Revolver...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clint Eastwood Fired 8 Shots From A Snub Nosed Revolver...
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Without reloading. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66698 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hooray for Hollywood! I have said before that I used to be the most unpopular one in the theatre or at home watching movies, with lines like That wasn't invented yet, You've got to be kidding me, they didn't use the Krag at Gettysberg, etc. ad nauseum. Now I don't say a word, they don't know or care. But as to Clint's quote; I had a friend that bought one of the new 30-30 T.C. bbls. in the 70s + he was always going off on a tangent, "O.K. punk, this is the most powerful handgun in the world. You just have to ask yourself, did he fire one or none? Feeling lucky punk."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck Norris only fires a gun so other people can see they are dead and not just sleeping.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Without reloading. clap

There's more than a few 8 round snub noses around including some in 357 Mag, movie goers wouldn't know the difference between 357 and 44 Mag shells so Clint could easily fire 8 shots of '44 mag' from a snub without reloading.

Movies take a lot of liberties.The old B&W Sergeant York movie showed him emptying his rifle of into a trench full of German soldiers then faced with a bayonet charge he drew a 9mm Luger shown earlier that he had taken from a dead German and polished off the half a dozen bayonet charging Germans. In truth, Sergeant York did killed the six Germans charging him with bayonets but it was with his M1911 45 Colt Auto. The Colt 45 Auto cannot be made to operate with movie blanks so was substituted by the Luger in the movie. Bit of a travesty considering the great 45 Auto could be shown properly in that movie.

Cowboy movies are the best, the Colt Peacemaker revolver can shoot a whole battle scene with Indians without having to be reloaded.

On a true note, the old WW2 soldier from whom I acquired my British Webley 445 revolver told me that a WW1 soldier once told him that when in the trenches where either they or the Germans broke through into the others trench, backing oneself into a corner with a DA Webley 455 in each hand was a good defensive position with at least 12 dead Germans likely to be piled up.

Posts: 3826 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And then there's the scene from Sean Connery's Bond in Dr. No. "That's a Smith + Wesson + you've had your six." PHUT!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not my favorite Western, but I love the final shoot out in Winchester 73 with the reloading, caritidges being removed from the belt and not reappearing, and the rock dust splattering in their face; espically when Jimmy Stewart’s character shoots the antagonist back into the cravce. The scene reminded me of a western version of the shootout in Heat.

Almost made up for the 73s standing in for Henry Repeaters and Rock Hudson playing the war chief.

Posts: 10570 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Early on in the movie when Jimmy Stewart shoots the hole in the tossed coin; that was Herb Parsons standing behind him in the shadows + actually performing that feat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And let us not forget Adoph Toepperwein, he is an inspiration to us all!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually,
if you are watching "Blood Work"
He had an 8 shot S&W 627 357.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I listened to an interview with Jeff Daniels some years back + he said that while he was set up with the blood caps for Clint to shoot him, he said, I know its just a movie + we're just actors but damn it when Clint Eastwood points a gun at you, it's scary. He said that when Clint was about to shoot he said out of the corner of his mouth to the director, How many men have I killed? The director said 2000 Clint. Clint said, make that 2001.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
Actually,
if you are watching "Blood Work"
He had an 8 shot S&W 627 357.

That was my thought also.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just Horacio Caine break an 8 inch thick branch with a 9mm pistol! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66698 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Without reloading. clap

Many years ago my brother-in-law had dinner with Clint Eastwood in Paris. He said he was able to eat his entire steak without using his hands, and continue the conversation at the same time.

Some guys are just faster than you and me.

Posts: 213 | Registered: 05 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post