New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laskin's Engraving Filler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a brass pen with very light ruler engraving. What can I use to fill it in black.

I found this on the net.

Laskin's Engraving Filler

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Re

Rather obtuse post, eh?
Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's the pen, you can barely see the ruler engraving. I tried a sharpie

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
How deep is the engraving? Could it withstand using a brass black patina chemical and then brightening the brass with a fine abrasive? Thus leaving the engraving black against the brass.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your Gerber looks better than mine. I bought mine around '74 and used the hell out of it.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1629 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a small collection. Which I'm trying to make even smaller. Sold 150 folder in 25 months.
That's less than half

quote:
Originally posted by Scrollcutter:
Your Gerber looks better than mine. I bought mine around '74 and used the hell out of it.